• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I dropped Pokémon Masters and Fist of the North Star.
Pokémon I was just doing daily stuff every day for no reason. Endgame is boring and tedious.
FOTNS introduced their third big event which was, surprise, another event focused entirely on whales. Literally 0 rewards for F2P players. Cool, powerful characters only given to people who spend tons of money. Not worth my time any more.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
It's a real shame abou FOTNS as I liked the presentation and gameplay. But yeah way too greedy so dropped it too.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Wtf. Great strategy they have :o.
There are four tiers of character rarity, and they all have shards for upgrading. UR, SR, R, and N. There are currently no URs available outside of events and the events so far have been things like "Have a top 10 power rating on the entire server (AKA for whales only)" and "Spend as many gems as possible and the top 40 people who spend the most get this free, powerful UR character, the rest of you poors have a 0.1% chance to pull him while you spend on this event banner where he is the ONLY character you have a chance to pull"
It's a shame cause I liked the rest of the game.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey you forgot about the new "event" where you get stuff solely for buying premium currency. It's self destructively wanton in trying to squeeze the money out of people. I'm still playing it for the moment because after a certain point it requires minimal investment. I ended up starting over on the newest server the day before the Raoh event ended and used all the free gems to bump up my ranking so I got him. But obviously that only works the once (and it meant I didnt have the resources to get the free Ryuuken). Its a shame.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I was a top 1000 player on Server 1 where all the biggest whales are so my perspective is probably skewed. Once I got a majority of the SR and R characters the game was just straight grind that couldn't be autoed for the best rewards with whale events that I'd never get to fully participate in. Not much point in wasting my time with it further.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The later floors of the tower seem to be the only thing you cant auto? After a certain point all your stamina seems to go using the skip function to farm for daily fragments and upgrade mats. In fact, the tower is basically the only thing that doesnt have a skip function. That said, its purely my liking of the franchise thats keeping it installed.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Arknights is almost at 50k pre-registrations now.

I've been playing it the last few days and it has not disappointed, really enjoying it.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Well I did it, I managed to resist the temptation of Tart/Darc in Magia Record. The Goddess will hopefully reward my resolve.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Captain Tsubasa Dream Team vs Captain Tsubasa Zero. Some thoughts why I like CT:Z sofar.

My initial reason to quit CT:DT was the fact that it was too focused to pvp. When the game launched, after clearing story there was not a lot to do except pvp. Problem is that I hate pvp, even more I hate live pvp. So I like that CT:Z has only ai controlled pvp and I can do one match per day and lose it (if I feel so) and focus to pve gameplay. Also the fact that I liked a lot of 1990's Football Managers is a great thing.

Pull rates are better than other games I play (FF:BE, FGO, Magia Record, Grand Summoners), 3% for free launch multi banner and rare banner (but hey you only pull free daily from rare banner) and step ups are 5%.

CT:Z is stamina hungry, and will be even more when launch ½ stamina goes away in 5 days (ends 25.9.2019).

Thus I advice to use most of the stamina to clear the main story and grind some coin & special training dungeons. Sucks to use 30 / 40 stamina per match to those if one has no materials in reserve.

I will focus more to ongoing event after ½ stamina has ended.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls is available in Canada on Android/iOS! I'll give it a download in a bit and see how it is.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the Maiden of Hope event in Magia Record. Done with the Chaotic Full Moon Festival in E7. I guess do the Halloween re-run in FGO while nodes are slowly being unlocked.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017

In the twitter thread there are 3 playthroughs for full vids. They also confirmed a Global version, but no idea when that will be released. Their last game, Starlight Revue, took only like 4-5 months from JP into a Global version, so who knows.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Captain Tsubasa Dream Team vs Captain Tsubasa Zero. Some thoughts why I like CT:Z sofar.

My initial reason to quit CT:DT was the fact that it was too focused to pvp. When the game launched, after clearing story there was not a lot to do except pvp. Problem is that I hate pvp, even more I hate live pvp. So I like that CT:Z has only ai controlled pvp and I can do one match per day and lose it (if I feel so) and focus to pve gameplay. Also the fact that I liked a lot of 1990's Football Managers is a great thing.

Pull rates are better than other games I play (FF:BE, FGO, Magia Record, Grand Summoners), 3% for free launch multi banner and rare banner (but hey you only pull free daily from rare banner) and step ups are 5%.

CT:Z is stamina hungry, and will be even more when launch ½ stamina goes away in 5 days (ends 25.9.2019).

Thus I advice to use most of the stamina to clear the main story and grind some coin & special training dungeons. Sucks to use 30 / 40 stamina per match to those if one has no materials in reserve.

I will focus more to ongoing event after ½ stamina has ended.

I didnt even know that half stamina was going right now - bummer since i havent had much to play it yet and just pulling once a day.

Am i missing something or there no way to recover your data on another device ? There is a data link option i used where you can chose your own PW. But where would you even enter it on another device ? There doesnt seem to be a recover option lol.

What ive played so far is good - but i can see how you would be hardlocked out of content without having specific players for matches - you need a Top Tier GK in every elements....want the same for Strikers and have to be lucky enough for them to have the right skill shots.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
What ive played so far is good - but i can see how you would be hardlocked out of content without having specific players for matches - you need a Top Tier GK in every elements....want the same for Strikers and have to be lucky enough for them to have the right skill shots.

This is my team at the moment. I'm missing 2nd 3* Goalie (for substitution if needed for fresh save skills to use). Also my Defense is bad, 2x 2* is not good but its gacha so eh. That "free" 3* DF from event will soon be 5*.

Screenshot_20190922-200337.png

I made overseas Step-up 1½ times (2nd round 3rd step) got Kalz & Schneider, was aiming for them for that fancy +20% stat boost.
I can't do 350000 match in event, losing every time I tried (you lose 5 nrg by every failed try). After ½ energy ends, I focus more to event and then if I have time before new event start will run Skill & Support matches. But as ½ is still going for few days I try to hoard training mats & coins.

Also Data linked to google, but havent tried another device.

This is from Reddit, no clue how it works actually (or does it):

Delete game. Download game again. Start new account on your Phone, then before even starting the tutorial (when you have to name your club) press on the button "Data Link" on the bottom left.

If you are going to test, do that Delete part on the device your linked game is not :D. Just not to lose it if that doesn't work...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Yari

Oct 25, 2017

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, I hope its gonna be good. There are some impressions on this page:

I dont think I can manage to wait for the Global version. I'm way too excited to get started in a few days.
There are even guaranteed UR packs on day 1 and I dont think I can stop myself if I end up enjoying the game.
It sounds like we don't need duplicates to ascend the UR, so already it's been than SIF. Hype increased!

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
So does Bushiroad expect SIFAS to do the heavy lifting for the future of the Love Live franchise going forward? I still don't really get the point of the new third set of girls (though I'm glad for the actual seiyuu getting a start to their careers), since they seem like a mix of random one-note character traits with no real organization compared to µ's and Aqours.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
This is my team at the moment. I'm missing 2nd 3* Goalie (for substitution if needed for fresh save skills to use). Also my Defense is bad, 2x 2* is not good but its gacha so eh. That "free" 3* DF from event will soon be 5*.

Screenshot_20190922-200337.png

I made overseas Step-up 1½ times (2nd round 3rd step) got Kalz & Schneider, was aiming for them for that fancy +20% stat boost.
I can't do 350000 match in event, losing every time I tried (you lose 5 nrg by every failed try). After ½ energy ends, I focus more to event and then if I have time before new event start will run Skill & Support matches. But as ½ is still going for few days I try to hoard training mats & coins.

Also Data linked to google, but havent tried another device.

This is from Reddit, no clue how it works actually (or does it):

If you are going to test, do that Delete part on the device your linked game is not :D. Just not to lose it if that doesn't work...

Thanks,
seems like the Data Link options shows up on the screen where you can chose your name , while i expected it on the home screen. A bit weird but okay i guess.

Man your team is stacked....i barely made it to have a Team Power of over 100k and you are sitting at over 400k ? lol I must be missing something because even with every unit at lvl 60 i wouldnt come close to that number.

I did two pulls on the Hamburg banner because i need that Karl Heinz Schneider - but looking at Kaltz Teamskill on your squad.....i probably wanna get him as well hah.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Man your team is stacked....i barely made it to have a Team Power of over 100k and you are sitting at over 400k ? lol I must be missing something because even with every unit at lvl 60 i wouldnt come close to that number.

"Training" tab. You use Special training materials there (bronze, silver, gold, rainbow, full rainbow). Training 3* unit Gold to Rainbow gives lot more total power to unit (over 4000).

Event Story tab
-> Player Development (middle tab)
->> Munemasa Katagiri of the Soccer Association's Special Enhancement Training
->>> Munemasa Katagiri
->>>> Start from Bronze Training

You need alot of these materials, especially Gold Training.
Few Bronze Training match will be enough to "Training" unit to silver.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I personally will play it alone for the story. Iam a sucker for gender bender stories
Yea, in those comments players are saying story is good. Curious for it, thus will reroll and play the story (ssr rate is like 0.7% or something).

Edit: It is launched, I tested it and deleted very fast it. It was lagging very badly in my phone.

Last edited:

PRed

Jan 7, 2018
If I understand witch weapon right unlocking auto requires level 2 vip.

A few days of dailies should be enough to get to level 2, but this is still ridiculous.

Oct 25, 2017
Witch Weapon seems to take musical influence from Persona, and it's Clear icon after clearing a stage is lifted straight from Persona 4 Arena lol

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
First anniversary (Global) was expected to start at 20.9.2019. Instead players were greeted today with this:

0nexuf9a1io31.png

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Bandai Namco keeps on doing what they do best. Honestly, if it isn't One Piece, Dragon Ball and (to a lesser extent) Naruto, you're better of not playing any Bandai Namco gacha game. It won't last. I just hope the rumors are true and Tales of Crestoria has a shared server with Japan...