• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
So the first episode of The Forbidden Gacha adaptation has just aired and Funimation has licensed it.

I sure wish GFL had a serious one instead of spending that much money on orchestras, as much as I like the Healing Chapter hijinx one.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like we have more daily free ten-pulls in Magia Record coming!
Not only that but the free rolls are on the "main" banner, where the pity counter never resets.

So if you don't manage to pull a 4* character, if you ever have 30 free pulls to spare you can dump them in the banner and get a guaranteed random 4*.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Not only that but the free rolls are on the "main" banner, where the pity counter never resets.

So if you don't manage to pull a 4* character, if you ever have 30 free pulls to spare you can dump them in the banner and get a guaranteed random 4*.
Yeah, it's really nice. I think I would have preferred it being on the core Madoka banner though, but this is still nice since I don't need to feel pressured to spend tickets right away to break the pity if I need to.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Just check your app store. I just pre-ordered it myself (Canadian Apple iOS store), it's listed as October 17th there.

I'm surprised to see nothing listed on their Facebook page, though. This seems to be something they'd want to promote. :/

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It could be. I know Grand Summoners (same developers) had a soft launch as well, so the same could apply here.

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
Well I was quite, quite puzzled with all these upcoming releases and which one to pick in the end. However, since I am not attached to the universe of CV, that left me with LC and Danmachi. I guess we will see.

Some interesting figures about Pokemon Masters, a) and b)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's not right for me to necessarily wish for a gacha game to fail, but I really hope Pokemon Masters continues to do so. They need to be taught a lesson that just because you bring a popular brand name/IP it doesn't mean you can treat your playerbase like trash.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
"Training" tab. You use Special training materials there (bronze, silver, gold, rainbow, full rainbow). Training 3* unit Gold to Rainbow gives lot more total power to unit (over 4000).

Event Story tab
-> Player Development (middle tab)
->> Munemasa Katagiri of the Soccer Association's Special Enhancement Training
->>> Munemasa Katagiri
->>>> Start from Bronze Training

You need alot of these materials, especially Gold Training.
Few Bronze Training match will be enough to "Training" unit to silver.
A bit late but thanks for the advice.
Ended up dropping the game a couple days ago though - i love the IP but its the same issue i had with the other CT mobile game.

Too many events, banner and so. on make it incredible difficult to keep up. The free multis also ended up being mostly trash because of low 3* rates and even when you pull once they seem to release new superior once twice a week.

Would have loved to stay on for longer because im a big CT fan - its just too much.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Dropped it too. Suddenly devs were pouring banner after banner and yup no thanks.

lol...yeah - they didnt even wait until most players were already invested before showing their true colors.
Ridiculous - i didnt know the dev before but it seems like they are all about the quick buck for an IP they recently acquired. Kinda shameless.

Bummer, since the game looks cool.

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
Memoria Freese is okay, but the power creep is unreal.

That is the only reason that made me drop it for good a couple of months or a year ago. Everything else for my personal preferences was perfect up until I realized that the most important planning that you had to do, was being extremely cautious about who exactly to pull and when exactly to pull a unit which obviously when I first started it I was not aware to the point I am right now.

Basically to keep yourself being relevant in the long run, you are almost force to mix-and-max your pull strategy since you will definitely need a combination on stacking resources plus an X amount of cash on limited banners. But by far Danmachi for me is my second best gacha of all times after Kai-ri-sei Million Arthur and I do think overall it has a fairly fair and balanced symbiotic relationship between P2P and F2P players.

I guess for me that will be the one of deciding factor when selecting between Danmachi and Last Cloudia. Gacha system and the old equation of time x value when it comes to grind. On the other hand, Good Smile Company has been over-the-top with their generosity and infinite free-stuff-dictated events (from what I have gathered) so it will be a very, very tough call.

PS: Gacha Strategy for Danmachi, taken from Discord
PilatusToday at 3:46 PM

if it's a 2 character banner and you do all 10 steps of it you usually get 1 max or atleast almost max

上昇Glau㏀pisToday at 3:47 PM

If you're only targeting one unit, then it's only worth doing the paid banner for that one unit. But for events where you're going all-in, and you've done 8000 free iris to do 10 steps on both banners of the event, you may find you have multiple units that you have partway, and you buy a lot: the event bundles that either have event 4-star tickets or star bonds, plus multiple units' paid banners.(edited)

PilatusToday at 3:47 PM

then you get 1 bond from the heroic trial
and you can get star bonds for free with a bit of grinding
so you don't actually have to spend anything if it's only for like 1 character
for example i got filvis +3 without paying
we still have the heroic trial and i have 1 star bond from gnome tickets
so that's gonna be mlb without paying

上昇Glau㏀pisToday at 3:51 PM

Also, I don't think it's worth doing paids until you've first finished the 10 steps of the banner. For me, I've a set budget each month for how much paid iris to buy. Then what to buy is part of the strategy of the game; where's the best place to spend your limited resources.

Short version and for those interested in starting as either new or not when Danmachi releases in EU, plan ahead and snipe smart.

Bonus: Eden of Gaming are collaborating with Gacha Gaming subreddit and this is their official discord. They are basically aiming to be a discord gacha gaming community.

A bit more info,
Eden of Gaming:
#1 English Alliance/Coalition
Second Galaxy #1 Guild in Perfect World Mobile (Eden, NA Server)
#1 Guild in Astral Chronicles (Eden, NA Server)
#1 Guild in Grand Chase (Eden, SEA Server)
#1 PvP Elune (Eden, Metashield)
#1 Guild in Langrisser (Eden, NA Server) - In terms of combined guild power, no official ranking
#2 Guild in Langrisser (Eternal, Na Server)
#3 Guild in Langrisser (Pandemonium, Na Server)
#1 Guild in Brown Dust NA (Eden, Everlasting,Eternal,Frog NA Server)
#1 Guild in Brown Dust SEA (Eden, SEA Server)
#1 Guild in Tales of Wind (Eternal, NA Server)
#1 Guild in Laplace M (Eternal, SEA Server) #1 Guild in Celestial Fate (Eden, SEA Server)
#1 Guild in Aurora Legends (Eden, NA Server)
#1 Guild in Final Blade (Eden, NA Server)
#1 Guild in AFK Arena (Eden, NA Server)
#1 Guild in ZGirls3 Furies (Eden, Na Server)
#1 Player in Lineage 2 Revolution (Megashields, Na Server)
#1 Player in Tales of Wind (taeyeon, Global Server)
#1 Guild in Call Me Emperor (Eden, Asia Server)
#1 Player Evenil (Eden, Cross Server) Top 20 Guild in Epic Seven (Eden, Na Server)

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I did the birthday pull in Magia Record and got Konoha out of it. She's my first natural 4* water girl so that's nice, and one of the more useful ones since she grants a lot of utility (heal/MP Accel Up/Damage up on Connect and her Magia damages and heals). I'd honestly would have been fine with a Madoka/Ren/Mami dupe though, considering how useful slots are though. That or my first Kyoko/Sayaka. Oh well, I'm happy in the end.

I probably won't do another guaranteed pull until the one year (or half year) anniversary, since it's expensive and the one-time bundles are all gone. I'll just accrue paid gems over with the purchase of the monthly login packs.

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
What is going on with Brown Dust?

On one hand, you got one part of community stating that is the best F2P gacha ever created and on the other hand you have the opposite.

It is almost as perflexling as trying to make sense of the situation with DC where mixed reviews are more common than they should.

In addition, BD's numbers don't seem to be as healthy or as encouraging as l thought they should be by now.

What am l missing?

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
What is going on with Brown Dust?

On one hand, you got one part of community stating that is the best F2P gacha ever created and on the other hand you have the opposite.

It is almost as perflexling as trying to make sense of the situation with DC where mixed reviews are more common than they should.

In addition, BD's numbers don't seem to be as healthy or as encouraging as l thought they should be by now.

What am l missing?

I play both games so I could explain, but you'd have to be more specific in what you mean, as you can see discussion about F2P-ness can get rather nuanced.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty excited for Last Cloudia. Something about those PS1 era sprites really appeal to me.

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
I play both games so I could explain, but you'd have to be more specific in what you mean, as you can see discussion about F2P-ness can get rather nuanced.

For myself, the definition of a "F2P-ness" of a gacha game is measured and defined by how it rewards effort x time with the gacha itself. So shit like this or like this is out of the equation. If for example you were able to farm a specific unit once a month (30 days) as a hardcore player or 1.5 months (45 days) as a semi-casual through in-game currency or materials, I would be perfectly fine with it. At the end of the day, I am playing a game and not trying to become wealthy by investing into a game. I would also be willing to compromise with some sort of pillow system where loyalty (logging in for x amount of days) guaranteed you for every 30 days a unit of your choice or for every 1-3 months a paid package of similar outlook.

Irrespective, the best option is to always have a pity system.

With some quick research, both gachas have got brutal gacha rates so where is exactly the safety net of gacha-pulling satisfaction?

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
For myself, the definition of a "F2P-ness" of a gacha game is measured and defined by how it rewards effort x time with the gacha itself. So shit like this or like this is out of the equation. If for example you were able to farm a specific unit once a month (30 days) as a hardcore player or 1.5 months (45 days) as a semi-casual through in-game currency or materials, I would be perfectly fine with it. At the end of the day, I am playing a game and not trying to become wealthy by investing into a game. I would also be willing to compromise with some sort of pillow system where loyalty (logging in for x amount of days) guaranteed you for every 30 days a unit of your choice or for every 1-3 months a paid package of similar outlook.

Irrespective, the best option is to always have a pity system.

With some quick research, both gachas have got brutal gacha rates so where is exactly the safety net of gacha-pulling satisfaction?

Well Destiny Child has a 3% 5* rate which I wouldn't exactly call "brutal". It also showers you with premium currency (from the dailies alone you can get 900 crystals and a 10x pull costs 2700). There are events going on nonstop that either reward 5* tickets, copies of the event Child, or crystals.

If you play long enough it's more than feasible to have the entire common pool roster, at which point you either pull for Boost childs for events like World Boss or for dupes to unlock higher skill grades. The maximum uncap a Child can have is +6. I'm fully F2P and have no issue being in the top 5% for World Boss damage, which uses 20 Childs at once.

PvP is highly centralized - 3 specific Childs are more or less mandatory the higher up you go so you only have leeway in two slots for variety.

Nevertheless there's a reason it's commonly recommended alongside AL and GFL as one of the most F2P friendly games. The packages and Devil Pass are comically overpriced so I don't bother with them and never have, but nothing is giving the feeling that you really need to spend at all, unless you want to be at the top of arena (Devil Rumble).

The big draw here for me honestly is the fun dialogue and zany events - I think the story is underrated. Planning how to squeeze more damage out of my roster is enjoyable too.

Brown Dust on the other hand is hard PvP focused. It has multiple arenas - Novice (no 5*s allowed but highly centralized), regular Arena (anything goes), Underground Arena (live PvP, essentially you take turns putting Mercenaries on the board), and Guild War.

If you are not interested in PvP there is very little here for you and the rates are not great. It does have Mileage, but it takes quite a bit of it to turn it into a 5* selector ticket. Merging goes up to +9, but you can either use dupes or Books, and you can get about half a dozen of them per month.

The bigger problem are the Legends, particularly the Octos and Six Devils. They have their own legendary Books and you get fewer of those. A few months ago they have introduced another system called Companions, which essentially need to be pulled from the gacha, and allow some Mercenaries (including soon the Six Devils) to be merged up to +15, which hugely shifts the metagame again.

There is an event coming up where you get a +9 Six Devil, and IIRC four more +9 5*s for free, but they'd still need investment. I feel like if a game needs to go to such great lengths to give out something for free, it's having problems.

This is honestly more of a competitive whale's game. F2Ps can compete, and the strategy goes rather deep, but you have to stay on the ball extremely hard, know exactly what you're doing, and allow for no leeway at all.

That's why some see it as F2P friendly (game knowledge is a huge factor and the biggest hurdles are time gates, but you can compete at the somewhat highest levels, as well as clear any kind of PvE), while most deride it as P2W trash for the hard PvP focus and catering to competitive whales.

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017

Not hyped to be honest but I will keep an eye on it as more information comes out.

Odd that this has escaped from my radar for quite a long time.

Last edited:

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont know why anyone would be excited about co-op in War of the Visions. Co-op was basically the most annoying thing about The Alchemists Code, even more-so as they made it mandatory for events. Hopefully they at least let you play at 2x in co-op because having to play at 1x was brutal (as even at 2x it was not a quick game).

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
Edit 1.0: Decided to make it a separate post.
Edit 1.1: Managed to hype myself like an idiot [sill need to choose between 2 more].
Edit 1.2: The day I would be hyped about a freaking tower defence game...

Arknights

DUqmcCZUMAAZzYK.jpg:large

Website: https://www.arknights.global [Pre-registration for Global is on]
Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/arknights
Wikipedia: http://en.rhinelab.org/Arknights_Wiki
Full list of all voice actors: https://www.reddit.com/r/arknights/comments/b241iu/voice_actors_announced_full_list_as_of_317/

CN_Tier_List_June_2019

3qarrkqvkf531.jpg

Gacha System
Even though the SSR rates are low from the banners, they give some nice other ways to get SSR. The game gives you a little over 100 open recruitment tickets/month and 3 tag refreshes a day so the chance of getting a few rare tags is pretty good ea month. Then they also have a rotation(every 2 weeks it changes) of 6* that show up in the shop that u can buy using the currency u get every time u pull or do open recruit as well as pity rates. I only have the monthly but I was able to get 5 6* after the first month.

Bonus 1: Arknights【明日方舟】- Units Category Guide
Bonus 2: Best review on Youtube (it also includes a heavily detailed summary of the gacha system)
Bonus 3: Reroll Guide

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm passing on Arknights. Art looks great, gameplay not so much. Will definitely check out Last Cloudia, though I hope their gacha doesn't end up like Grand Summoners where it's nearly impossible to pull anything good.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I'm passing on Arknights. Art looks great, gameplay not so much. Will definitely check out Last Cloudia, though I hope their gacha doesn't end up like Grand Summoners where it's nearly impossible to pull anything good.

It's kind of sad that the only games we play at the same time are ones we both agree suck.

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017

All units are actually of the same rarity and there is sort of a pity system where you get 10 medals per 10 roll. You can exchange 300 medals for a specific unit (selection on rotation) or 200 for a random unit ticket. It is helpful to get arks since they could have useful skills you can teach.

Well so far l am irritated that a part of the community is consciously misleading others by stating that you should only focus on Arks or there is no reason to be dishearten about the rates [3% for a unit, 5% for SSR Arc] either way since Arks are or are going to be more significant than heroes.

We are playing a gacha game for the units for crying out loud.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Well so far l am irritated that a part of the community is consciously misleading others by stating that you should only focus on Arks or there is no reason to be dishearten about the rates [3% for a unit, 5% for SSR Arc] either way since Arks are or are going to be more significant than heroes.

We are playing a gacha game for the units for crying out loud.
So it's better to focus on the characters instead? Good thing you mentioned that, since that was what I was hoping for. Similar to you, I'd rather pull for people I play with and not equipment, so this is a relief for me.

It's nice to see the gacha system be a little more forgiving here, though.

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
So it's better to focus on the characters instead? Good thing you mentioned that, since that was what I was hoping for. Similar to you, I'd rather pull for people I play with and not equipment, so this is a relief for me.

It's nice to see the gacha system be a little more forgiving here, though.
  • From my understanding you can roll for free twice, giving you a total of 20 summons.
  • In practice, top-tier SSR Ark > any unit or in other terms worst unit with top-tier SSR Ark > best unit with the worst-tier SSR Ark.
  • Ideally, you should aim to roll for 1 x top-tier DPS (always MA unit when you start as MA>PA currently by a long shot) + 1 x top-tier Healer + 1 top-tier Ark that is perfect for your DPS.
I wish you all the best with Last Cloudia but for me this particular summoning video has solidified my desire not to consider it. It somewhat saddens me but my excitement has dropped to 0.

Maybe as more information becomes available about the overall gacha system, I might consider it.

Edit: Sadly, l played it for 7 minutes and still does not excite me.

Last edited:

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
You seriously don't need to reroll in Arknights, unless it's for waifu reasons, in which case this is pointless too.

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
Digimon ReArise playable in Canada. Have not tested the steps to play outside of it but there is information about it on how to do it over here.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
What is going on with the character names in Arknights in that picture above? Are they fan translated or are the names really those in English?

Lappaland = Lappland (Swedish) Lapland (English) ->
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lapland_(Finland)

Eyjafjalla = Eyjafjallajökul is volcano / glacier in Iceland ->
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyjafjallajökull

If the names are for real, I could have few words with the devs -> Use some brains and don't use names (even parts) of recent natural catastrophes in game.

Also why the hell anyone would like to name one character to province of Finland?
And there seems to be Texas.

Lame.

Its about same as having characters named as:
- Ruhr
- Scotland
- Venice
- Alaska
- New Mexico
- North Carolina

And so on...

Last edited: