• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
This looks atrocious honestly, and I loved Digimon as a kid...

I tried it a couple of times with the Japanese version. It's not terrible, and the combat is definitely better than previous Digimon gacha games, but there was no real good hook, and the story having almost no voice acting was a bit of a bummer.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Re-rolling is certainly not quick in Digimon ReArise.

Yeah, this will not be fast. Oh well time to do what ones gotta do.

Qooapp has working apk.

A Good Reroll

How good a Reroll is depends on your personal greed :P

Personally I would stop if you can get either Minervamon or HiAndromon and WarGreymon in Step 1 -3.

Bonus if you get AeroVeedramon and other good Ultimates among other pulls

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
Well Destiny Child has a 3% 5* rate which I wouldn't exactly call "brutal". It also showers you with premium currency (from the dailies alone you can get 900 crystals and a 10x pull costs 2700). There are events going on nonstop that either reward 5* tickets, copies of the event Child, or crystals.

If you play long enough it's more than feasible to have the entire common pool roster, at which point you either pull for Boost childs for events like World Boss or for dupes to unlock higher skill grades. The maximum uncap a Child can have is +6. I'm fully F2P and have no issue being in the top 5% for World Boss damage, which uses 20 Childs at once.

PvP is highly centralized - 3 specific Childs are more or less mandatory the higher up you go so you only have leeway in two slots for variety.

Nevertheless there's a reason it's commonly recommended alongside AL and GFL as one of the most F2P friendly games. The packages and Devil Pass are comically overpriced so I don't bother with them and never have, but nothing is giving the feeling that you really need to spend at all, unless you want to be at the top of arena (Devil Rumble).

The big draw here for me honestly is the fun dialogue and zany events - I think the story is underrated. Planning how to squeeze more damage out of my roster is enjoyable too.

Brown Dust on the other hand is hard PvP focused. It has multiple arenas - Novice (no 5*s allowed but highly centralized), regular Arena (anything goes), Underground Arena (live PvP, essentially you take turns putting Mercenaries on the board), and Guild War.

If you are not interested in PvP there is very little here for you and the rates are not great. It does have Mileage, but it takes quite a bit of it to turn it into a 5* selector ticket. Merging goes up to +9, but you can either use dupes or Books, and you can get about half a dozen of them per month.

The bigger problem are the Legends, particularly the Octos and Six Devils. They have their own legendary Books and you get fewer of those. A few months ago they have introduced another system called Companions, which essentially need to be pulled from the gacha, and allow some Mercenaries (including soon the Six Devils) to be merged up to +15, which hugely shifts the metagame again.

There is an event coming up where you get a +9 Six Devil, and IIRC four more +9 5*s for free, but they'd still need investment. I feel like if a game needs to go to such great lengths to give out something for free, it's having problems.

This is honestly more of a competitive whale's game. F2Ps can compete, and the strategy goes rather deep, but you have to stay on the ball extremely hard, know exactly what you're doing, and allow for no leeway at all.

That's why some see it as F2P friendly (game knowledge is a huge factor and the biggest hurdles are time gates, but you can compete at the somewhat highest levels, as well as clear any kind of PvE), while most deride it as P2W trash for the hard PvP focus and catering to competitive whales.

Thank you for the information.

You seriously don't need to reroll in Arknights, unless it's for waifu reasons, in which case this is pointless too.

I don't understand why you would say such a thing and even call it pointless if you break it down since in Arknights,
  • You have 8 main classes
  • Each unit has different rarity, stats, requirements, skills, amount of scale-up resources
  • Each unit has difference in versatility in terms of both role and condition (i.e a unit that can both health and do damage is more versatile than a unit that can only heal or this unit has a niche role/skill/ability that is optimal for X map clearance or X event or X boss)
  • You have early-mid-late game in which difficulty and/or complexity scales up
From all of that, it is natural that some units will be more popular than others based on the above consideration and the overall team comps that will dominate based on the dominant strategies mentality which again will be based upon efficiency (time x speed). The philosophy is almost identical to FGO and every single primarily-focused waifu collector gacha game in which you yes can clear all content with anyone but that does not mean there is no meta aka Merlin/Waive because you can clear everything with your favorite 1* start unit.

As long as factors and differences exist, there will always be a general tier list for players to reflect to before making a change or to plan ahead better with their team comp composition.

This looks atrocious honestly, and I loved Digimon as a kid...

What makes it atrocious?

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why you would say such a thing and even call it pointless if you break it down since in Arknights,
  • You have 8 main classes
  • Each unit has different rarity, stats, requirements, skills, amount of scale-up resources
  • Each unit has difference in versatility in terms of both role and condition (i.e a unit that can both health and do damage is more versatile than a unit that can only heal or this unit has a niche role/skill/ability that is optimal for X map clearance or X event or X boss)
  • You have early-mid-late game in which difficulty and/or complexity scales up
From all of that, it is natural that some units will be more popular than others based on the above consideration and the overall team comps that will dominate based on the dominant strategies mentality which again will be based upon efficiency (time x speed). The philosophy is almost identical to FGO and every single primarily-focused waifu collector gacha game in which you yes can clear all content with anyone but that does not mean there is no meta aka Merlin/Waive because you can clear everything with your favorite 1* start unit.

As long as factors and differences exist, there will always be a general tier list for players to reflect to before making a change or to plan ahead better with their team comp composition.

I'm not sure why you are not understanding when you are spelling it out yourself. You get all of these classes for free...multiple representatives of them...you can even straight up buy 6*s in the shop on a weekly basis for in-game currency, and pull quite a lot. The game can be cleared with anything, and there is no PvP. Rerolling is equally not recommended in GFL for very similar reasons (and that game has serious ranking). People have most of the roster without spending and their bigger problem has become boredom due to lack of content.

You just posted a Reroll tier list without mentioning any caveat on rerolling not being necessary, or any other facets of the context I just provided.

As I said, the only real reason to reroll is for waifu reasons.

What makes it atrocious?

It looks terrible visually and the combat looks like an uninspired reskin of other games.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I uninstalled Digimon ReArise. It felt a bit dated but honestly what killed it for me was the fact that the gacha mechanism directly impacts what I enjoy most about the franchise which is knowing I can get whatever Digimon I want and playing with different digivolutions and devolutions to get the build I want.

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure why you are not understanding when you are spelling it out yourself. You get all of these classes for free...multiple representatives of them...you can even straight up buy 6*s in the shop on a weekly basis for in-game currency, and pull quite a lot. The game can be cleared with anything, and there is no PvP. Rerolling is equally not recommended in GFL for very similar reasons (and that game has serious ranking). People have most of the roster without spending and their bigger problem has become boredom due to lack of content.

You just posted a Reroll tier list without mentioning any caveat on rerolling not being necessary, or any other facets of the context I just provided.

As I said, the only real reason to reroll is for waifu reasons.

The only reason to reroll is not for waifu reasons.

1. The reroll guide that includes a tier-list clearly states the context of itself with keywords such as "early on", "versatility" and "late game". So it is not my fault nor the person who wrote it that you did not read it carefully or you are refusing to read it the way it should be read. Apart from that, since something that was clear and yet still not clear for you, you could have asked instead of dismissing.
2. All of the units are from the gacha and only a limited amount of *6 stars can be bought from the shop which has a rotation. However, accumulating that amount of tickets (180) will take significant amount of time. Source about the gacha system can be found here and here.
3. Having a strong star means progressing faster which again means reaching end game faster which again means farming faster which again means preparing yourself sooner for upcoming events and challenges and rinse and repeat.
4. Dupes.
5. Sniping a unit(s) because you have a team comp in your head.
6. Waifu(s).

Ergo, there is more than one reason so stop being continuously in complete self-denial.

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
Grand Chase - Demon Overlord summon
Warhammer: Odyssey - Pre-registration has started

And finally as a reminder, 9 days left until Last Cloudia is released globally.

Also in case you missed it,
Friends, we are thrilled to announce that pre-registration for the worldwide launch of #LastCloudia is available for U.S. and Canada! Pre-register now to be among the first to play the moment the game is available!

Android: Link
IOS: Link

Source: Official LC Facebook

Last edited:

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Last Cloudia needs to push their social media more. They're doing an okay job posting, but they're not getting the word out that the game exists or that their social media exists.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
The only reason to reroll is not for waifu reasons.

1. The reroll guide that includes a tier-list clearly states the context of itself with keywords such as "early on", "versatility" and "late game". So it is not my fault nor the person who wrote it that you did not read it carefully or you are refusing to read it the way it should be read. Apart from that, since something that was clear and yet still not clear for you, you could have asked instead of dismissing.

I'm not really impressed by your condescending, smug tone nor am I sure what you're trying to accomplish. You're seriously trying to argue that Arknights necessitates rerolling for some reason other than favoritism and your substantiations are weak at best.

"Early on" is easy so I have no idea why that's relevant. "Versatility" is a moot point because you get enough Operators for free to be able to clear the game, as people have done it, and there will be F2P guides.

You're rather bold to assume I haven't read the meager, rudimentary notes you have "provided", but I have, and they show neither context nor clarity, and I've given the necessary context already. If anything Ptilopsis should be "Tier 1" because what most players regret not owning mid-game is an AoE healer.

All of the units are from the gacha and only a limited amount of *6 stars can be bought from the shop which has a rotation. However, accumulating that amount of tickets (180) will take significant amount of time. Source about the gacha system can be found here and here.

Your "source" (the woefully incomplete wiki barely anyone uses) actually doesn't prove that "it takes a significant amount of time".

This game practically guarantees that you get as many Operators as possible before you run into remotely difficult content:

- The shop I've outlined
- 50 pulls guaranteeing a 6* and this pity counter carrying over to even other banners
- Your first multi pull on every banner guaranteeing a 5-6*

I have no idea why you're quoting Open Recruitment at me when it's one of the most generous ways to fill your roster on a daily basis. I can't discern any coherence in your argument.

3. Having a strong star means progressing faster which again means reaching end game faster which again means farming faster which again means preparing yourself sooner for upcoming events and challenges and rinse and repeat.
None of this is remotely true. If you can't find a solution, just use a F2P guide - you're not really going to be slower than someone who rerolls..in fact you might finish the content faster than rerollers. There isn't even much content right now so I have no idea what people are supposed to be rushing towards.

Dupes matter but in the long term, and the game swarms you with high rarity Operators. I'm not sure what one extra copy is supposed to do long term in terms of "dupes".

5. Sniping a unit(s) because you have a team comp in your head.

I mean that's fair but are we really pretending that this is necessary?

My point.

Ergo, there is more than one reason so stop being continuously in complete self-denial.

And finally this is where you resort to ad hominem because your entire incoherent point is shaky at best.

I don't see why you are taking such severe umbrage at me pointing out that "there is no need" to reroll, implying necessity. It's not really a controversial statement. It's frankly the common consensus. Of course you can reroll if you really want to, and snipe at your waifu but my point was that there is no real gameplay necessity to do it, for the many, many reasons I've outlined (little PvE content, it's clearable with low rarity units, no reason to rush, no PvP, high rarity units are really easy to get at high frequency).

The bottom line is that you can reroll if you want, but it's not necessary in the slightest, and you've done nothing to refute that.

I would also add that I take additional issue with you just throwing a reroll tier list into the conversation without providing that context - which is why I made my initial comment to begin with. It's important to inform beginners when rerolling is utterly unnecessary - it's like recommending rerolling for Azur Lane, it's misleading.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Me neither. I get why people do it, and they often have valid reasons, and I'm not fundamentally opposed.

However I think context and nuance are important, and some games (Brown Dust, Epic Seven, arguably FEH, arguably Another Eden) give much more significant advantage to rerolling than others (GFL, AL - usually the waifu collectors unless the reason is waifu, particularly when there's no PvP) and I'd argue it is very important to communicate how significant, or even necessary it is.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'll do re-rolling if it's like Brown Dust where you can literally do it within 3 minutes, but I can't be asked if it's like E7 where ya gotta play through the first part with unskippable cutscenes. If it ends up mattering significantly then the game just wasn't meant for me.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Crossing Void is now available for pre-order on the iOS (and I assume Android) store. Expected release date is November 6th.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
So around 4 months ago I started a bunch of gachas with the intent of just seeing how stuff goes when I try not to use the gacha, and here's the results:

FEH: I'm at 1390 orbs right now, and I just sort of play the game uber casually, doing dailies and events on auto-play. I don't know what half the stuff in the game does like Divine Dew or Blessings despite playing for months now, but I don't really need to know for just completing events and slowly building up my roster through the single free summon on every banner. I literally just started looking into giving characters more skills from sacred seals and inheriting last week. It's basically just a game I consistently keep in my daily rotation because it asks so little of me.

FGO: I've got 324 Saint Quartz, but I usually just login daily and do the frienship summon. I only recently finished Singularity F because of the promotion where we were able to get any 4* servant from completing it, and I'm now partway through New Orleans. I just very slowly make my way through the campaign when I feel like it. I know a lot of folks say the story gets better later, so I'm not gonna outright drop it anytime soon, but it may be a while before I get the motivation to fully get through these first parts, since I make sure to read every story segment.

Brown Dust: I just kinda dropped this game because of how long I needed to just have the game in AFK grind mode, and how PvP-focused the endgame was. I never really got attached much to the units/story, so there wasn't much to keep me playing.

E7: I don't really save currency, but with the change that guarantees a featured unit on any banner after 120 pulls, I don't feel too bad rolling on the gacha when I have those pulls saved. I also have 21,677 skystones and 269 bookmarks even after pulling to that 120 pity a couple times, so the game is pretty generous. E7 just requires you to play it a lot longer than most gachas if you want to get a lot of currency from month to month. I've decided to just daily login until pets are added because I just don't have the time to do everything it asks of me on a daily basis, and pets auto-looting chests/auto-repeating stages will hopefully alleviate that. Game has definitely improved a decent bit compared to when I first started playing.

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't really trust Bamco with Digimon ReArise given Heroes and Linkz (not that they were all that great either). Maybe that they bothered to dub this means they might commit to it a bit more, but as it is Digimon mobile games don't really have a good track record imo.

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't really trust Bamco with Digimon ReArise given Heroes and Linkz (not that they were all that great either). Maybe that they bothered to dub this means they might commit to it a bit more, but as it is Digimon mobile games don't really have a good track record imo.

Same.

Some previous shutdowns in which they developed and/or published include mobile games such as Tales of Link, Tales of Ray, Digimon Heroes, Digimon Linkz, God Eater Online, Tekken Mobile. On top of that, I would not be surprised if in the next couple of years SAO: Integral Factor shuts down as well not only because mixing MMOrpg with Gacha requires a very sensitive approach but also because the upcoming competition BDO and Aion: Tempest as well as the expected Lineage 2M and Tera (fuck knows which version) should decrease its already decreased population.

I am still hoping for an English release of DBZ Bucchigiri Match which is going to be on both mobile and browser. However, we do not have enough details neither confirmation about its global release.

Anyway,

SAO Alicization Rising Steel_EN [Producer Information] [09.17.2019]
Tokyo Ghoul RE:Birth and RE:Invoke are Shutting Down [I am late to the news]

Lastly, Digimon: Rearise available apparently for Android in SEA and US [Android?]. When the maintenance finishes, it will be available for more regions. In the mean time have a look at Digimon ReArise Global Version: Beginner's Guide as you are waiting.

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
[Pokemon Masters] Letter from the Devs, 10.09.19
Firstly, a new producer has been assigned to the app to renovate and overhaul it. I apologize for bugs, and that action to fix them has not been timely. We have received feedback that only thing disadvantageous for management have been fixed: We are so sorry. That was not our intention. We have had issues coordinating and it has caused response issues. We are aware that content is small, and level design is not good. I currently feel a sense of crisis that I have no provided a fun experience. Our estimate pre-release was flawed and as such we have created an environment where there is nothing to do.

I have begun to feel that current EX challenges simply aren't designed to be enjoyed by everyone. There are lots of challenges on this front to designing game difficulty and making sure combat flows smoothly. I have received much feedback about the future of the game in concern to battle; I will explain the future of the game at a later date, but I wanted to address and apologize for our inability to create something trainers wanted. Management response was delayed in dealing with many issues, and as such outcry was left unanswered when it should have been addressed quickly. We will increase speed of response.

We wanted to make something the whole world can enjoy, but unfortunately accomplished nothing.

Major feedback we have received and will be addressing: - There is no content - Rewards are not attractive - Level design is not good - The game itself is difficult, flawed, or hard to operate. We will continue to resolve the above issues, but they take time. We hope you enjoy the game in its current state at least a little. We will review compensation as we attempt to resolve the issues quickly. Our goal: To draw out the appeal of Sync Pairs and create an experience you can only find in Pokemon Masters. I want to provide such an experience that Buddies are not selected for only performance, but so that trainers can win with their favorite buddies. We will report on a schedule in the future, but I want to promise to you all that we are taking your words and feedback to heart and will always take them seriously.

Before the release, there was a lot of expectation surrounding this game... and our hearts ache knowing we failed to provide an experience people enjoy. After reading the feedback we knew we had to change to a new management setting that would not meet but exceed expectations. I want to fully examine the design of the game, and create an environment that adds to the fun of nurturing, raising, and fighting with your favorite Pokemon. I want to touch the charm of Pokemon as design expands. From now on we swear Pokemon Masters will bring together your favorite Pokemon and Trainers to create your own dream teams. We will make a game that touches the feelings everyone experienced watching that initial reveal trailer.

We want to create a game that stays fun for years, and we hope you have the time and patience to wait for us as we develop. The next producer update letter will be 10/17.
Source: Ghostrotto

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Nice to finally get an update on Pokemon Masters. It's nice to see that they're going to try to turn things around, but I feel like it's "too little, too late". It can technically happen, but in the gacha landscape if you have a rough launch (especially in Japan), that's usually it. There are some exceptions (Fate Grand Order) but I don't feel especially optimistic about this one, even with the Pokemon IP behind it.

We'll see. It looks like daily login rewards for the next couple of months for me until they sort everything out. Yes, the rewards are pitiful, but it's better than nothing.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I'll believe it when I see it. Judging by the letter they basically want to overhaul it so hard it would barely be the same game. People are also just going to move on to SwSh/PoGo/VGC/Showdown (sliding scale of competitiveness) or just other gacha, so coming back from a first month like this is going to be a serious uphill battle.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have any gacha games turned around a disastrous launch? It feels like even those that might have had technical issues or content droughts still maintained some kind of baseline popularity whereas interest in Pokemon just seemed to go off a cliff (admittedly I've no idea how the general audience are finding it)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Have any gacha games turned around a disastrous launch? It feels like even those that might have had technical issues or content droughts still maintained some kind of baseline popularity whereas interest in Pokemon just seemed to go off a cliff (admittedly I've no idea how the general audience are finding it)
As mentioned earlier, FGO had a pretty terrible launch with a lot of issues but they turned it around. Whether the same will happen with Pokemon Masters remains to be seen, but the core gameplay element in FGO was always more interesting (to me, at least) compared to PM. They'd need to basically do a 2.0 and re-haul the entire thing, which I can't see them doing. It'll probably just be a few tweaks here and there.

Tofueater

Jan 7, 2018
Having a blast with fishisland, can only be described as a rhythm fishing game with a bazooka slot for I guess world boss/raids.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Having a blast with fishisland, can only be described as a rhythm fishing game with a bazooka slot for I guess world boss/raids.

Edit: Cursing worked, finally got 5* spirit (water element) with 4-5* ticket.

Sadly rates are trash. I have one account where Iam at player level 20 and another phone been rerollin and getting those 2nd day 10x 4* ticket (which they advertice 5% for 5*). So far I havent seen single 5* from gacha (1% now that launch offer has ended, it was 3%). Also same goes to gear where there is 3% rateup for 4* items.

Can be rng but I have used 6x 10 4-5* tickets so far from those logins plus fuckton of gems and tickets in reroll attempts :D.
I will log with the "main" account just to get freebies and do some fishing here and there.

Also names are unique -> Reroll = New name. Reroll takes ~12-15mins and you don't get a lot of to pull + you need to watch few ads to get more stuff (hopefully) to pull.

Game is nice but rates do suck + unique user name. Points to having only 2 servers Korea & Global.

Last edited:

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I know this may be very niche, but is there anyone here on ResetEra excited for the global release of A3?

To anyone interested, this is NOT a rhythm game but strictly an idol collector / band manager game, like Ensemble Stars to name a good comparison.
All you do is collect and train idols.

Pangorogoro

Oct 31, 2017
I know this may be very niche, but is there anyone here on ResetEra excited for the global release of A3?

To anyone interested, this is NOT a rhythm game but strictly an idol collector / band manager game, like Ensemble Stars to name a good comparison.
All you do is collect and train idols.

I played JP A3! for a very long time and liked it a lot, but eventually got tired of not understanding the majority of the content. I am excited to play the english version. And now I know what event and sets to save up for :)

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I've nothing against hot guys. Whats the gameplay like is it more "sim"-esque?

It has a lot of events and you basically need to collect and upgrade a lot of cards to build very specific combinations to meet competition rules for those. Then you mostly just regularly play some event trainings or compare team values against other players to achieve specific ranks.
People compliment it on the writing for events and the small stories you unlock, so the main draw is to get as many cards as possible and upgrade them to unlock all the cute story bits.

You mostly need to keep some stuff active every few hours to be most effective and the rest is just how good your cards/idols are and how much items you grind to upgrade them. You don't need to put a lot of effort into it, it appeals to very casual players that just want to collect a ton of cards basically.

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017

Ragnarok M: Eternal Love will be released in EU countries and others on 16.10.2019. Interesting key figures about it can be found here. Lastly and according to Sensor Tower,

dragalia-lost-one-year-revenue-r471x.jpg

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
Nice to finally get an update on Pokemon Masters. It's nice to see that they're going to try to turn things around, but I feel like it's "too little, too late". It can technically happen, but in the gacha landscape if you have a rough launch (especially in Japan), that's usually it. There are some exceptions (Fate Grand Order) but I don't feel especially optimistic about this one, even with the Pokemon IP behind it.

We'll see. It looks like daily login rewards for the next couple of months for me until they sort everything out. Yes, the rewards are pitiful, but it's better than nothing.

Second "top" comment has got quite a lot of summarized threads about the current issues. There was also a follow-up (?) announcement,

t9ZUJHL8fQ64iJ67Only39gGxjBiWttx3k6Cem0BkCo.png

Personally, I just started it again with a fresh account and I will give them until the 17th to see.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I've tried this for a few days but uninstalled today - started skipping the story fairly early and the gameplay loop just seemed generic and boring, couldn't see myself playing it long term.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Digimon servers are singing hallelujah. I mean damn, everything takes for ever to load and oboy you you have a lot of loading.
Iam in one reddit guild that is doing nicely. Me personally don't know anything about franchise :P. Also game is very grindy and needs some QoL's to go quickly between different tabs.

Playing F2P, not dropping a dime to this game but well since Iam in good guild Ill go on until I get bored. Story has been skipfest since no ties to Digimons.

--

Been enjoying FishIsland more and more. Rng has been in my favour and things are going good there, if you like different kind of rhytm game try it.

BlueGeezer

Oct 28, 2017
Tried Digimon. Probably going to uninstall. Just hasn't clicked. It seems really generic and boring with a Digimon coat on it.....

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
We've got Persona characters in JP Star Ocean Anamnesis. Right now it's MCs. Come join just me.

More is on the way too.