• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Deleted Last Cloudia. This game doesn't really give excitement for building new unit since

a) There is no welfare unit or ark.
b) Getting anything specific is very difficult and premium currency is in short supply. The pity system may as well not exists since it requires 300 rolls.

Plus they aren't treating global well, which remind me GUMI on Chain Chronicles.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
World Flipper christmas event is out and... it's pretty mediocre. Just a small story at the beginning and four different difficulties of the same boss to farm for weapons and upgrade items. And they give you a welfare and no way to farm her further. It kinda feels like the event is just an excuse for them to sell you christmas limiteds.

What else happened with World Flipper? It's app rating dropped like a rock.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
What else happened with World Flipper? It's app rating dropped like a rock.
They nerfed a wind weapon crucial to a particular team setup shortly after releasing a banner showcasing the core member of that team setup, making those who pulled specifically to run that composition feeling less than pleased. Theyy gave out (or will give out, after Christmas) two ten-pulls as compensation, but players are still upset.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I feel like the timing is the biggest issue. If they nerfed the weapon before the banner came out, then things would have been fine. The fact that they nerfed it after having a banner where whales whaled for that core member is pretty questionable, and definitely decent grounds for some complaint. It's a shining example of how important timing is when it comes to nerfs for gacha games, and they chose the worst time for it.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not the first time Cygames has done something like this though, right?

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Holy shit yeah that is pretty scummy, imagine you dropped $300-500 on that character and they nerfed that setup 2 days after.

They should be offering a SSR selector at a minimum for doing something like that, lol @ two multis.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Out of boredom spend 24000 gems in Last Cusodia. 7/9 multis were without any ssr. One had Gravein (unit dupe 30 souls). Last one had 3 SSR arks.
Wasn't expecting Theria, but I was expecting more ssr ark. Event unit Theria has whopping 0.5% chance to appear. LC is exactly same way done that Grand Summoners where either you need fuckton of luck to grab banner unit or then you spend a lot (I mean 90k) of gems to get it via pity.

Don't spend money to this game (I haven't and I won't).

One reason I got bored was that I haven't got enhance material to Dyne to get him past lvl 60 and I have run a lot of 55 lvl material dungeon. I have run it so much that I have enough stuff to get Randi past lvl 80. Now I need to wait til next weekend (unless they open it). That 55 dungeon has pool of 8 items to drop and you get 1 guaranteed item per run and you can run it once every 3 hours (or spend gems).

Literally nothing to do between weekdays while waiting weekend shit dungeon to open.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got in as well but don't have time today. Do they say anywhere how long its on for?

Edit: Oh well moot point just getting "A testing version of this app hasn't been published yet or isn't available for this account." from the link.

Last edited:

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Magia Record is about to get a bunch of stuff for both F2P and dolphins.
  • "Mitama's Special Ticket", which (going by the JP server) should be a free "pick a 4* magical girl" ticket from the current pool of non-limited magical girls.
  • Free daily ten rolls as a promotion for the anime's release starting on 1/1, plus other daily login bonuses. If it's like the last one, you can expect 70-80 rolls on the main premium fate weave. The pity counter on this banner doesn't reset, so if you end up not getting anything you can just throw an additional 20-30 rolls at it whenever you have some gems to spare and get a guaranteed 4* out of it.
  • A login bonus for the anime's release along with special missions (unknown what this is).
  • A "Start Dash Fate Weave". For a limited time after starting the game (and for all existing players) you can do a ten roll for 200 paid gems where one roll has a guaranteed random 4* girl in it.
  • "Platinum" and "Gold" New Years grab bags costing 500 and 250 paid gems each respectively. The Platinum one lets you pick any non-limited girl you want, while the Gold one gives you a random one. Both bags also contain a 10 roll ticket you can use whenever you want.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
  • "Mitama's Special Ticket", which (going by the JP server) should be a free "pick a 4* magical girl" ticket from the current pool of non-limited magical girls.
  • Free daily ten rolls as a promotion for the anime's release starting on 1/1, plus other daily login bonuses. If it's like the last one, you can expect 70-80 rolls on the main premium fate weave. The pity counter on this banner doesn't reset, so if you end up not getting anything you can just throw an additional 20-30 rolls at it whenever you have some gems to spare and get a guaranteed 4* out of it.
  • A login bonus for the anime's release along with special missions (unknown what this is).
  • A "Start Dash Fate Weave". For a limited time after starting the game (and for all existing players) you can do a ten roll for 200 paid gems where one roll has a guaranteed random 4* girl in it.
  • "Platinum" and "Gold" New Years grab bags costing 500 and 250 paid gems each respectively. The Platinum one lets you pick any non-limited girl you want, while the Gold one gives you a random one. Both bags also contain a 10 roll ticket you can use whenever you want.
Oh nice. With that ticket, I can get Sayaka Miki finally to collect the group. I'm expecting the next New Years event to follow shortly after this one and I'm currently leveling up my Homura Akemi(glasses).

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, lots of great stuff coming up!

Kimono Madoka has a really great banner, with her and the two 5* Memoria being really useful. I'm afraid to spend anything though, since they seem to be doubling down on seasonal events (Kimono Mitama is scheduled to run right after Kimono Madoka), so we're likely to get Summer Iroha, Summer Amane Sisters, Summer Kyoko, Cool Homura, Ultimate Madoka and Iroha + Yachiro all in the span of . That's going to be hell, since I need Swimsuit Kyoko as well as both Ultimate Madoka and Iroha + Yachiro. Cool Homura would be nice too, but I doubt I'd be able to go for all four. I'll have to wait for her re-run. She may or may not arrive later too, since they've kind of been shuffling around certain characters. The other characters I listed above are tied to events, and they've been pretty consistent so far with keeping those on-track (double Christmas and now double New Years), so I can see those happening to both the Summer and now Anniversary (was so hoping Ultimate Madoka would release for Christmas so I could go all-out for Swimsuit Kyoko when she hit, and how I'll have to really save since it's looking like she'll arrive before the Anniversary...

Plan ahead, people. 2020 is going to be rough on us all.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Arknights is legit.

The gameplay is smooth and fun, and the units are all really cool with clear strengths and weaknesses. The UI is super slick, like it's insane. Little touches like ashes floating across the screen or how everything very slightly animates gives me Dragalia Lost vibes, but much more serious.

Definitely a side game only based on their content release schedule so far for CN (although apparently they've been stepping it up a bit lately), but man, this is a great game. If you like tower defense and cute waifus and husbandos there's a TON to like here. I'm done playing until launch, but very much looking forward to it.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Got into Arknights CBT too. Didn't get the email the day they said they sent it out, but it was there on CBT morning. Submitting some bug reports but not gonna invest too heavily because of the wipe. Mainly read the story so I can skip it come OBT.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'd better really love Arknights cause I already bought one of the Nendoroids and I need my purchase to be justified.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017

Its a good time for new players to come in. As for me, I'll be picking Alina, since she has a stun.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Meanwhile in Last Cloudia we are getting new banner. Eliza & Lanceveil, it is unclear if the units are time limited or not. If one has Dyne, there is little point to pull since Eliza is another Fire Mage. Something good, during NY logins we are getting total of 3000 gems (worth of one multi) divided to 8(?) days time. So many new banners in so little time, milking continues.

shoyz

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Got invited to the Arknights CBT, and played through 1-11 to unlock the base building aspect. Definitely holding up to the hype. Story is immediately engrossing (and from what I've heard gets much better in later chapters), and I'm adoring the strategy and, to my surprise, the rush of the tower defense battles. Seeing a wolf dashing towards your tower while you're counting down the seconds to barely summon your unit in time is intense.

I'm also excited by what looks like a fairly generous gacha design: again, if what I've read is true, it'll have bi-weekly cycling banners where F2P can do a 10-pull each time, and the first 10-pull on each banner guarantees a 5star summon, in addition to the persistent pity meter which guarantees a 6star within 100 pulls. In addition there's a really cheap free ticket summon system that allows you to choose specific tags to search for matching units, and apparently specific combinations of tags can give guaranteed high-star units.

The base stuff seems to lean into the Fallout Shelter sort of genre with idle currency generation, and there's a small multiplayer component of trading around effectively puzzle pieces between friends for rewards. Desperately want to play more post-wipe.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm full on back onto Dragalia Lost. New content release really helped with the progression curve. Plus new mana spiral stuff really giving me a reason to go to characters I never used because of how strong they are now.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I was just doing daily logins for the entire Christmas event cause I couldn't be bothered. I like the new update though.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Weren't some people here looking forward to Shining Beyond? You can play the Chinese CBT in English and... it not making the most positive first impression is putting it mildly.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm convinced SAOARS is bugged for me. I don't have many characters and I keep getting the same ones. I must have gotten 3x Ronnie and 3x Leafa at this point. Just today, I got (yet another) Leafa dupe from Eydis banner, and just now another Ronnie from the new Asuna/Kirito banner. Even with a double rate up, the game gives me nothing but dupes.

Alice? Don't have her.
Sortiliena? Nope.
Eldrie? Not a chance.
God Asuna. Haha, nope.
Sleepwear Asuna/Alice. You're kidding me?
Eydis? Not even lying, I put around 2.5k+ gems into her banner and got Ronnie and Leafa (both dupes for me during that time) as the only 4*.

I can't even get 4* weapons.

If I weren't so far in I'd probably just wipe my account and start over. There's bad luck and then there's this. I don't want to believe in curses, but...

At least Dragalia Lost is being kind to me.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm convinced SAOARS is bugged for me. I don't have many characters and I keep getting the same ones. I must have gotten 3x Ronnie and 3x Leafa at this point. Just today, I got (yet another) Leafa dupe from Eydis banner, and just now another Ronnie from the new Asuna/Kirito banner. Even with a double rate up, the game gives me nothing but dupes.

Alice? Don't have her.
Sortiliena? Nope.
Eldrie? Not a chance.
God Asuna. Haha, nope.
Sleepwear Asuna/Alice. You're kidding me?
Eydis? Not even lying, I put around 2.5k+ gems into her banner and got Ronnie and Leafa (both dupes for me during that time) as the only 4*.

I can't even get 4* weapons.

If I weren't so far in I'd probably just wipe my account and start over. There's bad luck and then there's this. I don't want to believe in curses, but...

At least Dragalia Lost is being kind to me.
Ahah I have something like 13 Disparias on GBF. I don't know why but I always pull Dark Jeanne.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
So, I think i got hit by my first honest to god scam game.

I started playing this game about 2 months ago and in that time I dropped around 5 grand. the game itself launched in September.

recently the company has started doing some really shady shit with respect to events and it caused a group of us to look into this company. Come to find out, this exact same game — and i do mean exact same — has been released about 5-6 times over the past 3 years under various names. Every single time the game lasts 8 months or so then shuts down and restarts under a new name with a new publisher.

does anyone have experience with refunds in these situations? I have my purchases split about 50/50 between iOS and Android, some as old as 2 months ago. I can supply proof as well.

I'm not sure how they will agree to refund me since my credit card provider would constantly send me texts asking if it was me and I always responded yes.

any advice appreciated

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017

I started playing this game about 2 months ago and in that time I dropped around 5 grand. the game itself launched in September.

recently the company has started doing some really shady shit with respect to events and it caused a group of us to look into this company. Come to find out, this exact same game — and i do mean exact same — has been released about 5-6 times over the past 3 years under various names. Every single time the game lasts 8 months or so then shuts down and restarts under a new name with a new publisher.

does anyone have experience with refunds in these situations? I have my purchases split about 50/50 between iOS and Android, some as old as 2 months ago. I can supply proof as well.

I'm not sure how they will agree to refund me since my credit card provider would constantly send me texts asking if it was me and I always responded yes.

any advice appreciated
Unfortunately, unless there is some big scale scandal that blows up, you'll likely only be able to refund individual purchases, so if you bought like 50 $100 packs you'll probably only get $200-300 back. Apple is much better about refunds than Android. Your best bet is to call them. Apple will work with you, especially knowing your history, so you may get lucky. They may want your business and are willing to take a bigger hit by giving you a large refund. Have proof, make a good case. Definitely talk to someone. Don't just use the refund tool.

I've personally gotten about $400 refunded over my life with gacha over the many years, but I've probably spent close to $3000. I know you're on another level. I've been successful with Apple, but NEVER Google.

Good luck.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
Unfortunately, unless there is some big scale scandal that blows up, you'll likely only be able to refund individual purchases, so if you bought like 50 $100 packs you'll probably only get $200-300 back. Apple is much better about refunds than Android. Your best bet is to call them. Apple will work with you, especially knowing your history, so you may get lucky. They may want your business and are willing to take a bigger hit by giving you a large refund. Have proof, make a good case. Definitely talk to someone. Don't just use the refund tool.

I've personally gotten about $400 refunded over my life with gacha over the many years, but I've probably spent close to $3000. I know you're on another level. I've been successful with Apple, but NEVER Google.

Good luck.
What about going through credit card company? I've often heard of people doing massive chargebacks but not sure how it works, if there's a statute of limitations, or if it will jeopardize my Apple / Google account

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Update on those free ten rolls for Magia Record: Its a free ten roll for 1/1 through 1/5. We'll also be getting a free ten roll every Saturday and Sunday while the anime is airing.

This is all on the main banner with a pity rate that never resets, so that's at least two guaranteed 4* magical girls (highest rarity) assuming you hit the pity limit every time. I'm assuming here that the series is split cour, if Shaft actually goes 26 episodes in a row somehow and we get free rolls that entire time that'd be insane.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
What about going through credit card company? I've often heard of people doing massive chargebacks but not sure how it works, if there's a statute of limitations, or if it will jeopardize my Apple / Google account
I'm honestly unsure, sorry. The bank would probably help you if you called and explained the situation.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
I'm honestly unsure, sorry. The bank would probably help you if you called and explained the situation.
Yea I'm considering that, but I also don't really want to get my google account shut down or locked, and I'm not sure if that might happen. Apple seems easy enough and should get me back at least half my money though.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017

any advice appreciated
What game and/or publisher are you talking about ? Might be helpful for some potential victims.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

any advice appreciated
That really sucks. What game was it?

I've only made refunds a few times, and they were all relatively new and through Apple (game was Crossing Void, after the whole rate scandal), so unfortunately I won't be of much help. I do hope everything works out for you, though!

Update on those free ten rolls for Magia Record: Its a free ten roll for 1/1 through 1/5. We'll also be getting a free ten roll every Saturday and Sunday while the anime is airing.

This is all on the main banner with a pity rate that never resets, so that's at least two guaranteed 4* magical girls (highest rarity) assuming you hit the pity limit every time. I'm assuming here that the series is split cour, if Shaft actually goes 26 episodes in a row somehow and we get free rolls that entire time that'd be insane.
Yeah, it's insane. It's smart of them too, since it'll entice people watching the anime to try the game, and get them invested with all of the free pulls (spread across the several weeks). I'm tempted to grab the Platinum Bag just to help support them (I already purchase the Magia Pass each month), as I do enjoy the game a lot.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Based on your post history, you started Lords Watch Tower Defense RPG in November and the game was launched in September....

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
Based on your post history, you started Lords Watch Tower Defense RPG in November and the game was launched in September....

That is the game!

Lord's Watch (available today on iOS and Android)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.enjoygame.enyxtd&hl=en_US
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/lords-watch-tower-defense-rpg/id1470048648

Knight Defender
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kdfc.and

Guardian Rush
https://www.facebook.com/Guardian-Rush-568332000268685/

Knights Fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJj616T3rgM

Kingdom Defender
https://www.gamerbraves.com/kingdom-defender-a-new-tower-defense-mobile-game-to-be-released-soon/
http://www.playkingdomdefenders.com/

Also been released under the name TD Frontier

To someone who hasn't played the game, you might not be able to tell that they're similar because you're seeing different screenshots of different game modes in each case, but rest assured that all of these are literally the same game. Not just a reskin of the same idea, but literally the same game. 100% identical except for name.

The thing that upsets me the most is that I actually really like the game. The concept is good and the mechanics are good and pretty well designed. There's a lot of interesting ways to progress and the game has a ton of promise.

But AFAICT the publisher is just doing the mobile game equivalent of a penny stock pump-and-dump.

I first started to get concerned when I saw that they would start a new server every single day. I came in on S72, and now they're up to like S140 or something. So what happens is as soon as you start the game, no matter how far into launch you are, you think "oh man this game is really active and I can actually compete" because nobody is significantly higher than you. But after 3-4 weeks when everyone starts quitting it becomes real dead, real fast. There's only about 25 active players on my server at this point.

I already have requests in for Apple and Google to try to get refunds. But I'm going one step further and trying to get the game de-listed and have the developers' account suspended from releasing other games as well because this is so offensive.

I've whaled a lot on games in the past, lifetime spending is probably over $25-$30k, and I've never asked for a refund before. I don't even want to ask for a refund this time, I want to keep playing the game and have the developers maintain it and improve it. But yea, fuck this shit.

the straw that broke the camel's back was when they had a 1 month long event recently where you would fight against people from other servers in a cross-server championship. The reward at the end was the very first SSS unit (previous highest was SS). And depending on your ladder ranking at the end it determined how many shards you would get. So if you opened up the rewards page it would say something like:

Your rank: 200
If you maintain this rank, you will get 35 Fafner (SSS) shards.

So then at the end, the people get 0 shards. WTF? Support claims this is "just a reference number" and that only the top 10 players would be awarded shards. I'm not even the victim here since I got like 5th place, but yea fuck this shit, it's obviously deceptive and fraudulent practices.

Last edited:

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Is it really, though? Anyone new will still have missed every welfare character to date plus be ridiculously behind in both characters and materials.

We have a bunch of re-runs in the future, so its not a problem missing the welfares right now, except for the Nanoha event, that's probably gone forever. Getting free 10-pulls daily, plus your pick of any non-limited 4* unit is good. This is all stuff that players didn't get until the the second year of the game. The only problem you'll have is with events during challenge quests, but because the schedule is so random, even people who have been playing since day one are having trouble, because its content we aren't supposed to have until the most OP units were out.

I feel like I shouldn't post this. However, if you are a new player, and you really feel like you're missing out on gems and mats because you are too weak for it since you just started, there are modded versions of the game to help you along until you don't need it anymore. I wont post any links to them though. Not sure if PMs are allowed for that kind of thing

Last edited:

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
We have a bunch of re-runs in the future, so its not a problem missing the welfares right now, except for the Nanoha event, that's probably gone forever. Getting free 10-pulls daily, plus your pick of any non-limited 4* unit is good. This is all stuff that players didn't get until the the second year of the game. The only problem you'll have is with events during challenge quests, but because the schedule is so random, even people who have been playing since day one are having trouble, because its content we aren't supposed to have until the most OP units were out.

I feel like I shouldn't post this. However, if you are a new player, and you really feel like you're missing out on gems and mats because you are too weak for it since you just started, there are modded versions of the game to help you along until you don't need it anymore. I wont post any links to them though. Not sure if PMs are allowed for that kind of thing
How's the story? Is the upcoming anime going to cover everything in the game so far? Does it take forever to get the materials you need so characters are strong enough to handle single-player content?