• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
2 days til Arknights? What time does it release?

13c9ff59e41731c0e88c2b005ca65624.png

There is also literally an official countdown timer.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Another one bites the dust.

After many difficult discussions, Square Enix ended service for the Japanese version of MOBIUS FINAL FANTASY in December 2019, after the Warrior of Despair story concluded.
Service for the global version of the game will continue until the Warrior of Despair story has concluded on June 30, 2020, at 6:00 pm PDT (UTC-7), at which time service for it, too, will end.

The schedule until end of service is as follows.

-----------------------------------------

[Future Schedule]

■Jan. 15, 2020 at 7:00 pm PST (UTC-8)

・End-of-service notification (this notice)

■Mar. 31, 2020 at 8:00 pm PDT (UTC-7)

・End of "Magicite" sales in the global version of the game

* Any purchased "Magicite" can be used until the end of service.

■ Jun. 30, 2020 at 6:00 pm PDT (UTC-7)

・End of service

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Also up on the iOS Store (at least in Canada). Pre-ordered!

I'll likely drop E7 for this one, I've heard some very good things and since they're both similar games (in the essence of grind anyway), I could probably only handle one of them with my current slate of games. I've heard SDS is a lot more player-friendly than E7 (not a hard feat to do, given how counter-friendly E7 is) so I'd much rather go with that one. Plus you know, manga/anime power.
Some of us in the E7 Discord are in the same boat. Shame that they ruined such a promising game, but that's just how it goes.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
7DS is definitely much better than E7. The only issue could be the costumes with stats but since they're just raw stats you can also get by rerolling gear, and you can buy them with normal gems or get a lot of them just by playing, it's something that can be easily overlooked.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Exciting to see quality gatcha games being released with Arknights and Seven Deadly Sins.... really looking forward too SDS, need to at least play it until I can get my boi Escanor.

Currently in order of playtime my 4 gatchas are..... FGO, E7, DL & FEH..... will be interesting to see what I drop if I stick with one/both of Arknights and SDS.... I think the middle two are in the most danger.... FEH is so casual and quick while FGO I'm in for the long haul... (I'm going to whale the fuck out when Fake Strange gets added... so like 2024 for NA lol)

Last edited:

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
As long as the costumes aren't inaccessible to F2P (paid gems only) it should be relatively okay.
Afaik there has been only one instance of paid only costumes (summer) and I'm pretty sure it shared stats with some costumes purchaseable normally, so you were only paying for looks. Limited costumes normally start as paid only then become purchaseable with gems in the last week before they leave.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Some of us in the E7 Discord are in the same boat. Shame that they ruined such a promising game, but that's just how it goes.
Yeah, they could have had something a a lot more special with E7, but they got complacent/greedy in not profiding players with what they were asking for (without adding ridiculous restrictions in what they did offer), and now many of the player-base are red up with waiting. They made more money than they were willing to put into their game, which is definitely a shame to see. But as you said, that's how it goes sometimes.

7DS is definitely much better than E7. The only issue could be the costumes with stats but since they're just raw stats you can also get by rerolling gear, and you can buy them with normal gems or get a lot of them just by playing, it's something that can be easily overlooked.
Yeah, the costume stuff definitely worried me, but when I read up on it more it doesn't seem to be as bad (or as important) as I thought it'd be. Honestly, it might even be something I'd be willing to open up my wallet for (assuming the rest of the game is F2P-friendly), if it means supporting the game a bit. Nothing extreme, but a few dollars here-and-there to say "Thanks for doing a good job!"? I could see myself doing that, especially for the characters I like.

Speaking of...I really need to start watching the anime. It's one of them that slipped through my fingers when it was released, and I've been meaning to watch it before the game is released. I'm in a similar situation with Symphogear (currently in the middle of S2 of that one). Thankfully I have until the end of March (apparently) until SDS is released, so I have a bit of time left.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
the end of march thing is most likely just a placeholder, i'd expect it to release in mid february or so. And the game tells the story of the anime/manga beat by beat (along with some additional side content)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh nice! Most anime games just kind of gloss over the story, so it's nice to see it handle that type of content respectfully. I'll probably still try to watch as much of the anime as I can before starting, but it's great to see that (if I can't) I won't be too terribly lost.

Do you know how difficult re-rolling was/is in the JP release? Re-rolling in KOFAS was Hell, which makes it even worse when I didn't stick with the game for long. :/

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone give me a TL;DR on all of the FF Mobile games? With Mobius gone I can't lie that I am somewhat interested in the others but now worried that they all have a giant knife ready to go into their backs.

Brave Exvius seems to have the best art and I tend to go for that. I'm also a strictly F2P player. I don't spend money on Gacha games at all.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Arknights tomorrow and 7DS is likely very soon. I think I'm done with E7. Someone released a spreadsheet today with all the updates and it's absolutely pathetic. I honestly think that when they got acquired by Smilegate in February they transferred a large amount of staff to other projects, because that's when the content dried up.

There's just nothing to do. Oh well. The first half of 2020 looks strong!

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, there's Tales of Cancelia Crestoria as well, which looks to be great, assuming there's a single server. No shortage of great gacha games to play right now, that's for sure. I'm right there with you, Eibroch. E7 never really grabbed me, and they're not doing anything to change my mind on that.

Still not bothering with Arknights personally just doesn't look like my kind of thing. I know it'll be a quality game though.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Decided to take a look at that E7 spreadsheet and it's actually comical how little PvE content has been added, especially with how the World Boss "content" is literally just skipping an animation twice a day for rewards.

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone give me a TL;DR on all of the FF Mobile games? With Mobius gone I can't lie that I am somewhat interested in the others but now worried that they all have a giant knife ready to go into their backs.

Brave Exvius seems to have the best art and I tend to go for that. I'm also a strictly F2P player. I don't spend money on Gacha games at all.

My opinion on the 3 main leftover FF games.

Record Keeper: I'm a day one player and while I think the game can be brilliant, it's gone stale. If you're in to the old style atb mechanics of FF games such as FF4-7, it's fun for quite awhile and a newcomer could probably go awhile without getting bored, but it's old enough that there's a million systems to learn and currencies to upgrade characters. The app architecture also really shows its age with numerous loading screens that can sometimes take way too long to resolve.I'd say it's in the middle of the three games as far as f2p friendliness goes.

Dissidia: By far the most f2p friendly. You get a ton of free currency every month and the story is a lot of fun if you're a long-term fan of the series. Seeing Barret running around playing with the kids of the series after being racially profiled by the 'cops' of the FF world just a cutscene before is a real kick. The gameplay is all turn-based and feels closest to FF10 in nature. It's my current favorite.

FFBE: I never got in to this game due to the outright greediness of the dev. The gacha is downright miserable and exploitative. By far the least friendly to f2p and not even that friendly to whales with how often they power creep. The story is ok if you like the main characters, but be prepared to pour half your time into this game if you plan to do anything outside of the mid game. This game doesn't respect your time or your money.

I was a day one mobius player and in many ways it was my favorite game, despite it's shortcomings. It could be quite strategic and no other FF mobile game has given me quite the same kick after beating a particular hard boss. I really enjoyed the characters and story of mobius as well. None of the games listed really fill the same niche, imo, but I enjoy dissidia the most at the moment.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
My opinion on the 3 main leftover FF games.

Record Keeper: I'm a day one player and while I think the game can be brilliant, it's gone stale. If you're in to the old style atb mechanics of FF games such as FF4-7, it's fun for quite awhile and a newcomer could probably go awhile without getting bored, but it's old enough that there's a million systems to learn and currencies to upgrade characters. The app architecture also really shows its age with numerous loading screens that can sometimes take way too long to resolve.I'd say it's in the middle of the three games as far as f2p friendliness goes.

Dissidia: By far the most f2p friendly. You get a ton of free currency every month and the story is a lot of fun if you're a long-term fan of the series. Seeing Barret running around playing with the kids of the series after being racially profiled by the 'cops' of the FF world just a cutscene before is a real kick. The gameplay is all turn-based and feels closest to FF10 in nature. It's my current favorite.

FFBE: I never got in to this game due to the outright greediness of the dev. The gacha is downright miserable and exploitative. By far the least friendly to f2p and not even that friendly to whales with how often they power creep. The story is ok if you like the main characters, but be prepared to pour half your time into this game if you plan to do anything outside of the mid game.

I was a day one mobius player and in many ways it was my favorite game, despite it's shortcomings. It could be quite strategic and no other FF mobile game has given me quite the same kick after beating a particular hard boss. I really enjoyed the characters and story of mobius as well. None of the games listed really fill the same niche, imo, but I enjoy dissidia the most at the moment.

Thanks!

I'm going to miss WoL's dry wit. :(

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
No kidding. One of the best protags imo. Dude knew everything was bullshit but got things done anyway. I'm glad we're at least getting a finale to the story. Mobius gets to die a complete experience, which is rare in gacha games.

True. I'm not sure if you played with English voices (I think there was an option for Japanese?) but originally when I first played I was very hesitant on the voice for WoL but as time went on totally got why he played him that way and it made so much sense.

Sometimes protagonists like that can get tiring but he was endlessly entertaining in just how he both gave a shit but then also didn't? The amount of: "I guess we're doing this now..."

okita

Oct 25, 2017
I think I will give a try without rerolling on arknights , I saw some game plays , won't lie it felt a bit boring, but maybe is one of the games you have to play to enjoy who knows.

Already downloaded on my phone , now is wait for the release

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017

You could always try it. Not suggesting to pour money to it and there is _a_lot_of content to play for, its single player game. There is a pvp but its completely joke and rewards are lackluster.

FFBE: Does have thread

And if you want to join our little & helpful community in Discord, toss me a pm and Ill send you an invite.

Oct 25, 2017
True. I'm not sure if you played with English voices (I think there was an option for Japanese?) but originally when I first played I was very hesitant on the voice for WoL but as time went on totally got why he played him that way and it made so much sense.

Sometimes protagonists like that can get tiring but he was endlessly entertaining in just how he both gave a shit but then also didn't? The amount of: "I guess we're doing this now..."

I feel exactly the same. I think the English VA also just got better as time went on. He totally sold me on a character who's not happy with his situation, but still cares deep down about the people around him. I'll definitely miss WoL the most.

That said, I never got used to Sarah. She somehow sounds young and extremely old at the same time. I dunno, I just couldn't match that voice to that character model. Maia, Sophie, Graffe, Mog, Echo, Garland, Cid... everyone else was great.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I feel exactly the same. I think the English VA also just got better as time went on. He totally sold me on a character who's not happy with his situation, but still cares deep down about the people around him. I'll definitely miss WoL the most.

That said, I never got used to Sarah. She somehow sounds young and extremely old at the same time. I dunno, I just couldn't match that voice to that character model. Maia, Sophie, Graffe, Mog, Echo, Garland, Cid... everyone else was great.

I think Sarah's actress got better but yeah it still always felt off whereas everyone else felt right.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
So... the Mobius Final Fantasy end of service announcement kinda hit me hard. Are there any other games that are even remotely similar? I can describe what exactly I'm looking for if need be, Mobius hit a lot of chords for me that other mobile RPG's have failed to.

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
So... the Mobius Final Fantasy end of service announcement kinda hit me hard. Are there any other games that are even remotely similar? I can describe what exactly I'm looking for if need be, Mobius hit a lot of chords for me that other mobile RPG's have failed to.
gimme your criteria, I'm sure there's something out there for you

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
gimme your criteria, I'm sure there's something out there for you
It's probably going to be a hard find, since what I'm looking for is a bit of the antithesis of most Gacha games.
A good story is a definite plus, or at least good dialog. I tried Dx2, that Shin Megami Tensei game, and the dialog was so atrocious that it lost me immediately. Dragalia Lost isn't as bad, but it's a bit toothless for my taste. I know some might arch an eyebrow at this, but Mobius at least has a story leagues above whatever you consider the worst mainline FF to be. It's close to the bar the rest of the series sets.

A bigger thing is a less tedious take on character gacha mechanics. Dragalia ground me down with multiple different bits of equipment, that all have to be improved in at least two different ways, all but one of those ways being manual, and both Brave Exvius and Record Keeper did the same with managing assloads of equipment. Same thing with Puzzles and Dragon, I felt like I was spending more time waffling in menus fusing things than I was actually playing. Mobius had mechanics like this, but massively downplayed and streamlined, you'd spend a little bit of time getting new abilities or jobs ready and that was it.

And while we're on the topic, I'd prefer a gacha that isn't mainly getting tons of characters. Which then eliminates virtually everything, but I appreciate Mobius's minimalism in this respect.

Decent polish and presentation is absolutely a plus. I've got space on my phone, don't worry.

Oh, and some kind of auto or idle mechanic. Probably one of the big things that made Mobius stick with me was that I could have it going during my college classes, and that holds true with my job.

There's a bit more I like, but that's kind of my baseline. It doesn't have to be a gacha, I just don't expect there to be many mobile RPG's that don't have some kind of gacha setup. I think I'll give Opera Omnia a shot.

Last edited:

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Arknights is dominating the Gacha release discussion of yesterday but Black Clover Phantom Knights came out as well. I'm liking it so far, but I won't be putting money into it since it's a Bandai anime tie in.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Klab sure are taking their time with that Symphogear pre-registration, huh?

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
For Magia Record, if you really like Tsuruno then this banner is basically the only time you'll get Uwasa Tsuruno until the anniversary. After that she's gone for now. Since she's a 3* you only need to roll one of her, and use your destiny bottles later. Be careful though, Uwasa Tsuruno is somewhat notorious in JP, with some not getting her even after 200 rolls.

I got her on my first 10-pull.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
For Magia Record, if you really like Tsuruno then this banner is basically the only time you'll get Uwasa Tsuruno until the anniversary. After that she's gone for now. Since she's a 3* you only need to roll one of her, and use your destiny bottles later. Be careful though, Uwasa Tsuruno is somewhat notorious in JP, with some not getting her even after 200 rolls.

I got her on my first 10-pull.
I'm in no hurry, and would rather wait for her return so I can get medals (for pulling a 3* or above Magical Girl/Memoria from the gacha) to exchange for items (such as outfits).

Congrats on getting her, though! I'd try for her now, but I just know I'd be the one that would need to spend 200 pulls for it and would rather keep saving for the Magical Girls releasing in the second half of this year. It's going to be a bloodbath.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I've been looking into Tales of Crestoria more, and damn it, I'm hyped.

Don't break my heart again, Bandai...

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017

7DS is looking really good and seems to be very f2p friendly. My biggest problem with it are the skins with stats but for me the positives outweigh this issue. Hopefully netmarble won't add some sketchy stuff in the future or the global version.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
There's a 99.9% chance I'm dropping E7 for SDS.

I'm not so sure about Symphogear anymore though, since I've read the only way to evolve from 5* to 6* is to have your characters fully limit broken (you need six duplicates total). I hate games that requite dupes like that, especially if limited characters come along. :/

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Wish I had researched the MagiReco training event ahead of time and chose an Aqua element character for the bonus since the Advanced bosses are both Flame (had picked regular Tsuruno instead since I figured if Rumor Tsuruno was Flame , the event would be geared towards that having an advantage), though it's not like the boost is THAT worth it unless you have the default bonus character as well. For now I'll just keep farming the shop currency; I guess my priority should be buying all the gold->silver->bronze materials first, then the rainbow orbs, then the tickets, then the rest?
I kind of hate Auto now since it's REALLY stupid; as long as your team is strong enough it'll clear the quest for you, sure, but it'll probably take twice as long as if you did everything manually due to some of the dumb choices it makes.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah E7 is almost certainly getting tossed for 7DS. Speaking of auto I like the way auto works in Arknights it records your actual run and replays that, you can re-do it again manually if you want and overwrite that auto. It's a cool way to do it as it avoids stupid AI and lets you save a "maximum efficiency" or speed run.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Wish I had researched the MagiReco training event ahead of time and chose an Aqua element character for the bonus since the Advanced bosses are both Flame (had picked regular Tsuruno instead since I figured if Rumor Tsuruno was Flame , the event would be geared towards that having an advantage), though it's not like the boost is THAT worth it unless you have the default bonus character as well. For now I'll just keep farming the shop currency; I guess my priority should be buying all the gold->silver->bronze materials first, then the rainbow orbs, then the tickets, then the rest?
I kind of hate Auto now since it's REALLY stupid; as long as your team is strong enough it'll clear the quest for you, sure, but it'll probably take twice as long as if you did everything manually due to some of the dumb choices it makes.
I went with a flame element too (Kyoko), but I already had her level max'd. I know it's probably a waste since I could just as easily farmed her episode with her personal story, but I wanted to get it done ASAP and at least this way I'm getting it finished along with farming for event items. I don't find the type disadvantage to be too bothersome, just run someone else along with her that's strong (or neutral) to what you're running and hope Auto priotizes them.

As mentioned earlier, I didn't try pulling for Rumor Tsuruno so I'll have to level/farm her episode later when I try for her at the second anniversary, but XP materials aren't exactly rare in the late game.

For items, I'd aim for the Tickets and Rainbow Orbs first, and then whatever materials you want. Just do down the list of the Magical Girls you have and want to use (or plan to pull for), and what materials they need so you can grab them first. Memoria Circuits are also super-helpful in leveling your Memoria, so try to grab those too. AP Potions can basically pay for themselves, so those are an easy recommendation.

Yeah E7 is almost certainly getting tossed for 7DS. Speaking of auto I like the way auto works in Arknights it records your actual run and replays that, you can re-do it again manually if you want and overwrite that auto. It's a cool way to do it as it avoids stupid AI and lets you save a "maximum efficiency" or speed run.
Dengeki Bunko did this too, I love that feature. Unfortunately the Global version was handled horribly, so it was all but wasted there.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I went with a flame element too (Kyoko), but I already had her level max'd. I know it's probably a waste since I could just as easily farmed her episode with her personal story, but I wanted to get it done ASAP and at least this way I'm getting it finished along with farming for event items. I don't find the type disadvantage to be too bothersome, just run someone else along with her that's strong (or neutral) to what you're running and hope Auto priotizes them.
The way the whole thing is laid out is really dumb. The Advanced XP fight is all Fire and Dark with a high HP Fire boss. The Advanced Episode fight is all Water and Light... but still with a super high HP Fire boss. Also apparently we only have half the time for the event as JP did?
And the fact that Auto is so bad is really putting me off. At least if they had an option to disable ALL animations and not just one for Magia, it would go a lot faster. Such a weird design choice to let players toggle just the one thing but still have Connect animations dragging things out, enemies that take longer for a single attack animation than an entire chain from certain characters...