• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
All I see is another Star Ocean Anemnesis. Hell, I'd be surprised if DQotS lives half as long. Good for those interested in playing, but I'm not going to bother.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
LOL I can't believe this actually worked and I have plenty left over if I stick around long enough for Ultimate.
OlmkSaU.png
(Although sadly the Dragalia account that had Jeanne on it was overwritten after I quit the game the first time and tried restarting it later... if it wasn't for the amount of tapping required to play it, now I'd pick it back up again and keep playing just long enough to resummon her to make up for it.)

What other gacha games have Jeanne in them? Aside from Granblue, I ain't touching that.

Last edited:

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like it's hard to find gacha games that don't have jeanne as chara, at least the ones that I touched for more than 1 hour.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Damn...this game always sounded like my perfect Gacha game - for some reason I never tried it and with all the content and complaining about farming...I wonder if this will still be worthwhile.

Tbh it will probably be a good time to start soon. If I were you I'd actually create the accounts during (the 11-18) as that when the valentines flash (super limited draw units) are in the pool(confirm with the wiki that's it the current pool do before creating the account). There's a buyable ticket that lets you pick any ticket in that pool, and that pool is super stacked.

Tbh, I'm kinda expecting an influx of people (in era) esp when sixth anniv (and Granblue vs hitting north America) during March.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Granblue is comfy, you can be as casual or hardcore as you want

Sounds good, then again this is and should be the case for any game - we just convince ourselves that we have to play hardcore or not at all.
Im really digging the artstyle and pretty everything ive ever seen from GranBlue...might be time to give it a shot soon.
Tbh it will probably be a good time to start soon. If I were you I'd actually create the accounts during (the 11-18) as that when the valentines flash (super limited draw units) are in the pool(confirm with the wiki that's it the current pool do before creating the account). There's a buyable ticket that lets you pick any ticket in that pool, and that pool is super stacked.

Tbh, I'm kinda expecting an influx of people (in era) esp when sixth anniv (and Granblue vs hitting north America) during March.
Thanks for the heads up - so 11th would be the best time to start a new account in the near future ?
So starting 11th and some kind of Anniversary is happening in March ?

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any of these games that work well with a smaller screen? I have a smaller phone (5.2" display) and the few I've tried have absolutely murdered my eyes with tiny text (Crash Fever was the worst one, which is a shame because I liked most everything else about it).

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds good, then again this is and should be the case for any game - we just convince ourselves that we have to play hardcore or not at all.
Im really digging the artstyle and pretty everything ive ever seen from GranBlue...might be time to give it a shot soon.

Thanks for the heads up - so 11th would be the best time to start a new account in the near future ?
So starting 11th and some kind of Anniversary is happening in March ?

The flash fes/gala which is a limited premium banner plus limited valentine units banner will start sometime between the 14-19(it's why I said to check the gbf.wiki to check what the current pool is before starting).

Here's the wiki describing the draw pools as it's a bit confusing.

That would be the perfect time to start up as if you decide to spend money to pick a unit from that pool using the special start dash ticket you would have a great great pool to choose from. I wouldn't buy it right away. That ticket comes back every month until you purchase it so I would actually hold off on purchasing it until a month or two.

March is the anniversary month of granblue and it has come with a thing called a gachapin roulette the last couple of years so people are expecting this one year. Every day for about a twenty day period you could get up from 10 to like 200 free draws a day.

I'd also check the ot and the affiliated discord for more questions and answers.

Last edited:

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017

I will say that while Granblue is very easy to be a "seasonal player" that shows up for free rolls and goodies, plays for a bit and bounces, the game is incredibly dense with its weapon grid system and there's a lot of jargon players toss around that isn't explained very well. Definitely ask around in the OT, join the discord if that's your thing, and get used to being VERY overwhelmed.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GBF really does suffer from the "Hardcore or not at all" problem for me. There is just SO MUCH to grind that it feels like you're never done and if you're playing casually you're "falling behind".

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure you can play casually but the jargon issue is much bigger imho, even explaining why starting on a specific date was a pita with all the jargon going around.

Virdix

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure you can play casually but the jargon issue is much bigger imho, even explaining why starting on a specific date was a pita with all the jargon going around.
This is true, ive been playing for almost a year now and i still occasionally see terms im not familiar with.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I'll be on a trip then. I won't be back until the 5th. :(

Oh well, I'm guessing there might be server issues anyway, so I'll begin the re-roll process when I get back.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross IOTI Has Epic Seven's Deadly Sins Frustrated You? Seek Shelter Here!

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
How long does it take to do dailies on 7DS?
not too long, the dailies are:
- cook (you do this at the tavern; food is used for temporary boosts and to raise the affinity with your characters)
-enhance gear two times (quite fast to do too)
-play a pvp match
-play 3 special dungeon stages (depending on the difficulty, this could take a little bit)
-play 5 free stages (same as latter)
-play a boss stage (again the same)
-play a boss fight (this is what can take a while, as you might need to run boss stages a few times in order to get the boss to drop, although getting invited by someone else to do a boss fight also counts for the mission)

the important ones (aka the ones that give gems) are the PvP and the free stages one.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like that 7DS global will launch with most if not all QoL changes that jp/kr already has.

Not sure tho if the Costume Growth will be in since that feature just launched a few days ago in jp/kr.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I hate forced pvp shit. Eventho you don't (I assume so) need to win. Adding pvp shit to dailies is always big fuckery.
to be fair pvp is very important in this game, you get two multis worth of currency weekly if you make it to the top tier of the regular PVP (which doesn't take gear into account). there's another pvp that does take gear into account, but it doesn't give gems, just currency for a shop where you can get items and costumes.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
to be fair pvp is very important in this game, you get two multis worth of currency weekly if you make it to the top tier of the regular PVP (which doesn't take gear into account). there's another pvp that does take gear into account, but it doesn't give gems, just currency for a shop where you can get items and costumes.

Oh dear :/. Time will show how fast I drop 7DS.

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
So we got,

Monster Hunter Riders on the 29th of February
7DS on the 3rd of March
Lord of Heroes on March (non-English version)

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
February 29th might be a placeholder for February just like March 31st was for March for 7DS. So it might release even earlier than that.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017

7DS Grand Cross btw fully supports horizontal gameplay via third party apps without stretching. No idea why the devs locked it into vertical mode since its look way better horizontal.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I didn't expect them to launch alongside a collaboration. That's pretty cool!

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Collaboration launches at the same time in JP, so I presume they're looking for the AoT brand to leverage the global release and perhaps the Symphogear brand

The question is what will that mean for game balance... If the cards aren't too busted it will be fine, but if they are, if the rest of the schedule goes on a more normal basis (although I expect the same kind of speed eventing as Revue Starlight/MagiReco, tbh) it might be concerning.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got my 7th Mami Tomoe. Stop showing up, I don't want you! She's the reason why I have 3 Destiny gems now lol.