• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
LTwNHd2.png

Looks like that Magia Record is getting a EU release. As for the mixed results: Didn't pop up for me in the german playstore yet.

Also why do this AFTER the NY bags went away ffs.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see Magia Record being opened up to more Countries! The game is a lot of fun, and I want it to do well. I just finished Chapter 8 this evening, and the story is really going places. I can't wait for the next chapter.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
You know. My Magia Record account went with old phone that broke up. I know I have it on google na account, so in theory I could just download it again. But I rather start new accouny on my normal google account than do that stupid vpn google NA play store download thing again.

That is if its not vpn locked to those EU countries. But I suspect it might be againts EU laws to vpn lock it. (Thus apk should work, if its not released in my country).

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017

Netmarble just can't help but Netmarble.

Taking what is widely considered one of the best gacha games ever made and trying their best to kill it.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

Looks like that Magia Record is getting a EU release. As for the mixed results: Didn't pop up for me in the german playstore yet.

Also why do this AFTER the NY bags went away ffs.
EU would being going crazy fast trying to catch up to JP just like NA. It'll be hell at first and don't expect to finish events at the start. If its true, then less people would need VPN to play Magia.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, those changes also irked me, they say they'll regularly give Part 2 tickets every once in a while but the previous way was much better.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
One Piece Bon Bon Journey had a soft release in Canada (and a handful of other Countries, no US yet though), and it's basically Yokai Watch Wibble Wobble but with a One Piece skin. It's cute, and fun if you like those match-styled games, but the graphic artstyle is definitely not to my liking. The rates for the gacha are good (4* at 5%) and currency seems pretty generous, but then again it's early on so that's usually the case. Right now there's a "Festival" banner going on, with Luffy and Mihawk on rate-up (Mihawk is a Festival exclusive character and will only be available during these special banners).

I'll keep it installed on my phone as a decent time-waster, but I doubt I'll be giving it much play otherwise.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
One Piece Bon Bon Journey had a soft release in Canada (and a handful of other Countries, no US yet though), and it's basically Yokai Watch Wibble Wobble but with a One Piece skin. It's cute, and fun if you like those match-styled games, but the graphic artstyle is definitely not to my liking. The rates for the gacha are good (4* at 5%) and currency seems pretty generous, but then again it's early on so that's usually the case. Right now there's a "Festival" banner going on, with Luffy and Mihawk on rate-up (Mihawk is a Festival exclusive character and will only be available during these special banners).

I'll keep it installed on my phone as a decent time-waster, but I doubt I'll be giving it much play otherwise.

Been playing few days.

- There is no auto or speed option or skill animation skip. -> Battles are long.
- At the moment you need a lot of grind from event boss, hardest stage drops 10 event points.
- One limit break ticket costs 250 event points = 25 runs and well you need 5 tickets to get gacha unit (4* Mihawk & 4* Luffy) to LB 2.
- Limit break tickets are only available and are named to event units (Mihawk & Luffy at the moment) and to other lower rarities.
- Pulling dupe unit gives one full limit break.
- 4* Unit has 5 limit breaks and to break 30 level max, unit needs to LB 3.
- Featured Banner units get +50% atk against that event boss.
- Friends kinda hard to find (added some from reddit) give 1 stamina per day per friend you can have max 100 friends, I have 5.
- You can buy unlimited stamina for one hour with 100 gems. You would use this in boss dungeon, cause stamina regen is 1 per 15mins.
-> But cause there is no speed nor skip options, its useless to buy since fights are relatively long with suboptimal party.

I rerolled and started with Mihawk & Luffy, then made 4 multis without 4*. Decided to reroll. Got a multi of 2 off banners (at the moment not so great units) and used one ticket got dupe to my 3rd 4* which was from start (there is redo banner for one 4* unit when you start)

Hardest boss with random 4* in party takes between 5-10 mins and there is a chance I run out of turns which results to failed run.
2/3 of my team skills wont work in event stage. Better to focus on getting Nuke skill (Mihawk, Luffy, Zoro) 4*.

I don't have time to grind 2x 1000 event points. I will save my gems for next banner or when there will be next attacker banner tied to event.
At day 2 after claiming login gems Iam almost at 6000 gems (pics are before claiming), one multi costs 1000 gems.

Screenshot_20200211-145802.png
Screenshot_20200211-145732.png
Screenshot_20200211-145817.png
Screenshot_20200211-145745.png
Screenshot_20200211-145738.png

^^ With redo summon I chose Franky cause it had high base attack. Would been better to choose someone who can use skill every fight (for example Zoro).
But as I have pulled four 4* with 12 pulls (redo, one multi and one ticket and got dupe Kuro (which actually is good unit, skill clears 5 Bon bons, mine clears 7). So I'm not rerolling more.

My party is suboptimal to event boss which is now. Since Franky & Usopp skills can't be used at event boss last (5th) floor.

Event ends in few days, so I can wait and hope to see good banner or wait more.

tldr: You need dupes or limit break tickets to get units LB3 to raise max level beyond 30.

Screenshot_20200211-151522.png
Screenshot_20200211-151532.png
Screenshot_20200211-151634.png
Screenshot_20200211-152120.png

Hopefully next event boss is not as grindy as this one is.
5-10mins manual play for 10 points and you need 250 pts for one limit break ticket and you need 4 of those tickets to get event banner unit to LB 2.

Last edited:

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Rixa Thanks for the writeup! I'm a sucker for One Piece, and i enjoyed wibblewobble for what it was so I'll probably jump on this. Is there any indication if the soft launch can carry over progress? If so I'll probably jump on it now, otherwise I'll just wait for the official release

Also how's the reroll process?

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Rixa Thanks for the writeup! I'm a sucker for One Piece, and i enjoyed wibblewobble for what it was so I'll probably jump on this. Is there any indication if the soft launch can carry over progress? If so I'll probably jump on it now, otherwise I'll just wait for the official release

Also how's the reroll process?

Thanks. They sell gems so I bet this is legit launch.

As for reroll. First you get that "Redo" one pull where you can pull as meny times as you want for some 4* unit. Try to get Zoro or some unit that has skill "Drops xx self Bonbon(s) and attacks". The more the better, for example Dracule Mihawk (event banner unit) has skill "Drops 50 self Bonbon(s) and attacks".

If I remember right, you get this redo pull after 1-8 fight (roughly 10 - 15mins ) and same time you get access to gem usage. You should have 1500 gems and it won't take long to get 500 gems more. My suggestion is either do 1 multi or grind 500 gems for 2 multis and try to get total of 3 (or more) 4* including that guaranteed from redo pull.
On android its typical Delete data and do it again, data redownload is about 190mb.

Reroll tl:dr

1. Play til 1-8
2. Do redo pull get unit that has skill "Drops xx self Bonbon(s)" and attacks.
2.1 OR do grab Kuro (the one I have, he has good skill).
3. Claim stuff, do multi, try to get 2 4*
4. Either do ~500 gems more and do 2nd multi or delete data.
-> I don't know rate between on banner and off banner pulls. On first try I had 2 on banner units, on 2nd try (the one I play) both of 4* in multi were off banners.

Btw this game has Island which you can decorate too and visit friends etc :). By playing the game you get currency to use island stuff gacha.

Screenshot_20200211-175101.png

Also first story clear gives used stamina back. So so far no issues with stamina drought.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing few days.

- There is no auto or speed option or skill animation skip. -> Battles are long.
- At the moment you need a lot of grind from event boss, hardest stage drops 10 event points.
- One limit break ticket costs 250 event points = 25 runs and well you need 5 tickets to get gacha unit (4* Mihawk & 4* Luffy) to LB 2.
- Limit break tickets are only available and are named to event units (Mihawk & Luffy at the moment) and to other lower rarities.
- Pulling dupe unit gives one full limit break.
- 4* Unit has 5 limit breaks and to break 30 level max, unit needs to LB 3.
- Featured Banner units get +50% atk against that event boss.
- Friends kinda hard to find (added some from reddit) give 1 stamina per day per friend you can have max 100 friends, I have 5.
- You can buy unlimited stamina for one hour with 100 gems. You would use this in boss dungeon, cause stamina regen is 1 per 15mins.
-> But cause there is no speed nor skip options, its useless to buy since fights are relatively long with suboptimal party.

I rerolled and started with Mihawk & Luffy, then made 4 multis without 4*. Decided to reroll. Got a multi of 2 off banners (at the moment not so great units) and used one ticket got dupe to my 3rd 4* which was from start (there is redo banner for one 4* unit when you start)

Hardest boss with random 4* in party takes between 5-10 mins and there is a chance I run out of turns which results to failed run.
2/3 of my team skills wont work in event stage. Better to focus on getting Nuke skill (Mihawk, Luffy, Zoro) 4*.

I don't have time to grind 2x 1000 event points. I will save my gems for next banner or when there will be next attacker banner tied to event.
At day 2 after claiming login gems Iam almost at 6000 gems (pics are before claiming), one multi costs 1000 gems.

Screenshot_20200211-145802.png
Screenshot_20200211-145732.png
Screenshot_20200211-145817.png
Screenshot_20200211-145745.png
Screenshot_20200211-145738.png

^^ With redo summon I chose Franky cause it had high base attack. Would been better to choose someone who can use skill every fight (for example Zoro).
But as I have pulled four 4* with 12 pulls (redo, one multi and one ticket and got dupe Kuro (which actually is good unit, skill clears 5 Bon bons, mine clears 7). So I'm not rerolling more.

My party is suboptimal to event boss which is now. Since Franky & Usopp skills can't be used at event boss last (5th) floor.

Event ends in few days, so I can wait and hope to see good banner or wait more.

tldr: You need dupes or limit break tickets to get units LB3 to raise max level beyond 30.

Screenshot_20200211-151522.png
Screenshot_20200211-151532.png
Screenshot_20200211-151634.png
Screenshot_20200211-152120.png

Hopefully next event boss is not as grindy as this one is.
5-10mins manual play for 10 points and you need 250 pts for one limit break ticket and you need 4 of those tickets to get event banner unit to LB 2.
Yeah, I noticed the grind in the current event too. They really expect you to do 100 runs of the highest difficulty just for one skill ticket that only fills a fraction of the skill bar? I thought at first that one ticket = one skill upgrade, then I purchased it. Needless to say, I doubt I'll be going for the others. I'll probably just grab the Zoro and then call it, it's just not worth the time, especially since (as you mentioned) there's no Auto Battle or skipping animations. Even if there was a 2x speed or something it'd lessen the agony a bit, but since there isn't...

Honestly I'm not sure how long I'll even keep it installed. I got lucky with the gacha (4* Luffy and Mihawk in only 15 pulls), but with there only being a five stamina cap and how quickly it refreshes (and the event grind), I'm just not sure I can commit the time to it considering SDS and Symphogear are coming soon, not to mention Love Live All Stars and Tales of Cancelia later this year.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Happy that I managed to get transfer data info from my old broken phone for MagiaRecord and managed to transfer it successfully to other phone.
Now I don't need to do new acco and can just play the one I have.

Still I hate how complicated it is for non NA player to downloand game.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats on getting your account back, Rixa!

On the subject of gacha, Love Live! School Idol Festival All-Star is now available for pre-register! Release is expected for the 25th, which is a lot sooner than I thought it'd be.

shoyz

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Unfortunately BonBon is a typical Bejeweled clone, playing nothing like Wibble Wobble. Though it does have a very reminiscent aesthetic to it, with defeating enemies being the goal and all. Seeing all the bonbons pool up on the bottle of the screen and then attack is really amusing.

I do wish the aesthetic was nicer though. Skill animations are great but the bonbons themselves are really ugly and low-res. And the event grind, oh my gosh..

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast

Details on some mechanics for Monster Hunter Riders. Unlike Stories, a bigger focus is on the riders, since that is the main gacha. 3* riders can be obtained from the story and the stars can be upgraded, 4* and 5* obtained through the gacha. Monsters can also be obtained through the gacha, but its mainly for getting the riders. The number of launch riders is about 40 and monsters is 20. Sounds like elder monsters and deviants will have slightly different mechanics for leveling and obtaining.

IMO, I can see there being moderate success with this title, since I know the main franchise has a lot of fans.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I noticed the grind in the current event too. They really expect you to do 100 runs of the highest difficulty just for one skill ticket that only fills a fraction of the skill bar? I thought at first that one ticket = one skill upgrade, then I purchased it. Needless to say, I doubt I'll be going for the others. I'll probably just grab the Zoro and then call it, it's just not worth the time, especially since (as you mentioned) there's no Auto Battle or skipping animations. Even if there was a 2x speed or something it'd lessen the agony a bit, but since there isn't...
And the event grind, oh my gosh..

I did burn my gems and got 2 copies of Luffy & Mihawk thus getting them to LB2.

Then guess what, I did grind 1000 pts and grabbed 4 Mihawk skill tickets...

The result:
Screenshot_20200212-210023.png

It gave me whopping 50% of the needed skill level from 2 to 3.
Then I bought the skill ticket with story coins (Exchange shop). Seems to be same shit as those grindable ones.

Screenshot_20200212-210132.png

So yeah uh, no clue if 4* dupes are always full level or do you need like 2 dupes from 2 -> 3 and more after LB3...
Atleast Luffy & Mihawk are nice units in soft launch, no clue how fast power creep will be.

But that event grind needs to revamped or this game will get bad word of mouth. Not going to chase Luffy skill tix Ill just cruise story more and pull all gems which I get before the banner goes away in 1½ days.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I did burn my gems and got 2 copies of Luffy & Mihawk thus getting them to LB2.

Then guess what, I did grind 1000 pts and grabbed 4 Mihawk skill tickets...

The result:
Screenshot_20200212-210023.png

It gave me whopping 50% of the needed skill level from 2 to 3.
Then I bought the skill ticket with story coins (Exchange shop). Seems to be same shit as those grindable ones.

Screenshot_20200212-210132.png

So yeah uh, no clue if 4* dupes are always full level or do you need like 2 dupes from 2 -> 3 and more after LB3...
Atleast Luffy & Mihawk are nice units in soft launch, no clue how fast power creep will be.

But that event grind needs to revamped or this game will get bad word of mouth. Not going to chase Luffy skill tix Ill just cruise story more and pull all gems which I get before the banner goes away in 1½ days.
Yeah, the event grind was an immediate turn off for me. I'll keep it installed to see if they change things, but if they don't I'll just uninstall and move on. It's just not worth the time otherwise.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017

Details on some mechanics for Monster Hunter Riders. Unlike Stories, a bigger focus is on the riders, since that is the main gacha. 3* riders can be obtained from the story and the stars can be upgraded, 4* and 5* obtained through the gacha. Monsters can also be obtained through the gacha, but its mainly for getting the riders. The number of launch riders is about 40 and monsters is 20. Sounds like elder monsters and deviants will have slightly different mechanics for leveling and obtaining.

IMO, I can see there being moderate success with this title, since I know the main franchise has a lot of fans.

I cant stop seeing pokemon masters, which turned out to be pretty boring

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
I cant stop seeing pokemon masters, which turned out to be pretty boring
Well for one, we haven't seen a whole lot of gameplay outside of attack animations. Also you can mix and match humans and monsters, which you can't do with pokemon masters (with the exception of the main character.)

This game seems to be developed by capcpom internal so we'll have to wait and see.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Weird, I just got a notification that my pre-order for Symphogear is available just now. The game is installing, but I'm guessing the servers aren't live just yet.

Edit: Yeah, just as I thought. Maintenance until 2/13 20:00, but I'm surprised to see it release before the 15th. One more day!

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
It only appears for a second, but one of the selectable regions is Australia, so Symphogear will probably be available in more places then people think.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, the event grind was an immediate turn off for me. I'll keep it installed to see if they change things, but if they don't I'll just uninstall and move on. It's just not worth the time otherwise.

You know, future will show how greedy they are or is there any easier way to get LB's.

I did manage to pull Mihawk from multis I made and got it to LB3.
This will drastically increase level limit (wtf) and leveling gets seriously expensive :D. I bet there will be exp and gold "daily" dungeons later on (maybe early as "global" launch when ever it is).

Screenshot_20200213-143527.png

LB3 increases level cap from 30 to 60 for 4* units. Not sure how much lvl cap raises for 2* & 3* units. Cause at the moment don't have resources to use for scrubs.
Maybe (yeah right no) they are hindering things behind serious grind since this is soft launch in few countries (Canada, are there others?)

Needless to say that level 44 Mihawk does considerable more skill damage than level 30 Mihawk (about 10-12k).
Now to get Luffy to LB3, it is at LB2 50%. Time will be an issue, kinda unsure I have will power nor time to grind event boss ~100 times.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Tried BonBon, it's definitely more Candy Crush than WibbleWobble. I'm enjoying it, tons of friends giving stamina means there's no real limit cap. But big yikes as others have said to the rewards/grind. It reminds me of pokemon masters first big event, which eventually got reworked a bit. Hopefully that works here as well.

Managed to get both Luffy and Mihawk so I'll stick with the account for a bit and see how things progress. Lot of RNG like Candy Crush where sometimes the boards just do not work, which stinks

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Lot of RNG like Candy Crush where sometimes the boards just do not work, which stinks

This.
One fight I couldn't clear it in time at all (I think it was like 25 turns) with bad rng.
Did next try right after failed run, same fight I cleared it in 3 turns.

Also it seems that way to go is to use everything to one (hopefully decent) banner which has event tied and try to get LB3.
As Chrono said earlier, Mihawk is some banner exclu unit that prolly comes back later.

shoyz

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
In BonBon it's a really weird quirk to have the gacha be an instant skill level, at least so long as they scale the ticket requirements. You're effectively punished for pulling an early dupe rather than skilling them up with tickets first. Especially for Mihawk and Luffy where they make the first four tickets, enough for the entire first level-up, available to farm in the event. You want to pull one, then farm one, then pull one.
It makes the gacha much more efficient for maxing units out, but at the same time, if you max a unit out then pulling additional dupes becomes significantly less valuable at only a fraction of leveling someone else up.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Especially for Mihawk and Luffy where they make the first four tickets, enough for the entire first level-up, available to farm in the event. You want to pull one, then farm one, then pull one.

Actually you prolly want to use tickets for LB1 & LB2 and then dupes.
That is if one uses those general lb tickets that are same growth as event tickets.

LB0 -> LB1 = 1 Dupe
LB1 -> LB2 = 1 Dupe
LB2 -> LB3 = 2 Dupes

I went LB2 -> LB3 with 4 tickets and 1 Dupe.
After LB3 I don't know if one needs 3 or 4 dupes.

Peerless

Sep 10, 2018
I've been looking for a secondary gacha to play alongside fgo that's f2p friendly/has decent gameplay (or less monotonous than fgo) with a good story as a plus.
Between Sdorica and Girls' frontline which would you recommend? Any other options would be fine too I guess.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I've been looking for a secondary gacha to play alongside fgo that's f2p friendly/has decent gameplay (or less monotonous than fgo) with a good story as a plus.
Between Sdorica and Girls' frontline which would you recommend? Any other options would be fine too I guess.

I'm a gargantuan GFL shill and would say they both fulfill your criteria pretty well, but have completely different gameplay so you might as well try both.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Arknights accompany FGO really well for me

Btw who to reroll in Shympogear?

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
If it's starting with the AoT collab, does that mean NA won't be getting the older collabs like Godzilla?

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
Priconne anniversary tomorrow.
15 days of free 10 pulls.
Also, they've announced an IMAS collab for the end of the month.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Every time I read news of a new Princess Connect event (especially a cool collaboration), a piece of me dies. I'm still holding out for a Global verision but the longer it goes without one, the less hope I have. If news doesn't appear around the time the anime premieres, it'll likely never happen. :(

Speaking of, the anime got a new PV:

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Symphogear gives you a free 11 pull that guarantees a SSR, and enough to do at a 11 pull at 100 gems (another free SSR), and 1 more 11 pull at full price. AoT banner probably wont be available until 3AM when it lunches in Japan.

Edit: Got Shirabe, Hibiki and Maria ignite, so I'll save for AOT now.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The servers are really struggling, I keep getting connection errors. I might just wait it out anyway, since I want to re-roll for one of the AoT characters since they're limited.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Symphogear gives you a free 11 pull that guarantees a SSR, and enough to do at a 11 pull at 100 gems (another free SSR), and 1 more 11 pull at full price. AoT banner probably wont be available until 3AM when it lunches in Japan.

Edit: Got Shirabe, Hibiki and Maria ignite, so I'll save for AOT now.

Edit 2: You'll get 1000 gems (Five 11 pulls) and 100 gacha tickets for logging in and completing missions, plus a SSR ticket and enough copies of Chris to MLB her, so they're at least making this less of a nightmare I think.

Edit 3: I wish I didn't mess up and hit reply.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Edit 2: You'll get 1000 gems (Five 11 pulls) and 100 gacha tickets for logging in and completing missions, plus a SSR ticket and enough copies of Chris to MLB her, so they're at least making this less of a nightmare I think.

So do free pull, wait for AoT and reroll for it and hope AoT stuff is not nerfed to oblivion?

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
AoT collaboration in Symphogear apparently starts in 30 minutes. Time to start my re-roll process then (I hope MIkasa is top tier).