• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
AoT collaboration in Symphogear apparently starts in 30 minutes. Time to start my re-roll process then (I hope MIkasa is top tier).

Ive been slowly enjoying this story and music + sounds (98% of time I play gachas muted). Its somewhat strange that I play sounds on. I don't know anything about Symphogear universe (but ahem usually I know very little about any anime) but start of the story is nice :).

Also when ever any of you gets info about units who to aim for etc, please do tell.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Ive been slowly enjoying this story and music + sounds (98% of time I play gachas muted). Its somewhat strange that I play sounds on. I don't know anything about Symphogear universe (but ahem usually I know very little about any anime) but start of the story is nice :).

Also when ever any of you gets info about units who to aim for etc, please do tell.
Yeah, music is great (but then it's pulled directly from the anime/CD's/etc.), stiill nice to hear. Not so sure about the combat itself, but at least it has Auto Battle and 2x speed.

In regards to a tier list of sorts, I'll definitely let you know. There's a Japanese one going around where the characters have a numerical value associated with them, but that's taking into account the current meta for Japan so the Global tier list would likely be A LOT different.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
In regards to a tier list of sorts, I'll definitely let you know.

Fyi.
This is still my first try and apparently the Free multipull one can have more 5* than the guaranteed one. Also bottom left gold bordered card changed to 5*...

Screenshot_20200214-095103.jpg
Screenshot_20200214-095128.jpg

I do know that one needs dupes for awakening (or for something). But still, the heck I just pulled and are they good or not.
I think the one 5* is song and rest are most likely P type (Power) units.
Also funny how that card which changed from gold (4*) to 5* is still goldish rainbow bordered in pull.

For that free multi rates are:

5* 5%
4* 20%
3* 75%

Last edited:

Stider

Oct 25, 2017
I got lucky again. Did free roll and 2 multis on release banner and got:
Tsubasa Heaven's Wrath
Chris Giga Zeppelin
Kirika Split Sky
and 2 5* memorias

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Symphogear AoT banner has 45 steps to pull :D.
First step was just some goldies.
Second step had one banner 5* Tsubasa Kazanari [Decimating Twin Blades].
^^
Pulled 30ish tickets first and got 2 of those TK DTB, so now I have 3 copies, I wonder how many I need in total.
Idk, most likely wont bother to reroll. Just going to go ham with gems and do those step ups of AoT banner and use 100 gems to launch bannner.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I got two 5* on my Beginner Roll (Kirika - Split Sky) and Maria (SERE NADE). Then, after two multi on the AoT banner, I managed to get both Chris/Eren and Tsubasa/Levi on the same multi-pull. I know it'll be impossible to LB them after the event ends, and it seems like they have been nerfed a bit, but I just wanted them for my collection mostly. I'll probably stop and settle here.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
AoT cards seem to have been nerfed thankfully, so you don't actually have to roll for them.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the heads up - so 11th would be the best time to start a new account in the near future ?
So starting 11th and some kind of Anniversary is happening in March ?

Just letting you know the valentines Flash gala has started, and and it has a ton of limited units in its pool that you can eventually use a start dash later on. Perfect time to start the game.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Game seems pretty meh. Translations issues aside, which don't really matter that much to me, the gameplay seems really basic. It's also a mixture of some high production value (the special attacks look cool) and low production values (everything else, basically).

With 7DS around the corner, I can't see myself really playing this.

Edit: And it uses the FGO account transfer code system? Yeah, I'm outtie.

Last edited:

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Monster Hunter Riders is releasing February 19th (which is a quick release since it literally got announced two weeks ago, they really want to capture the momentum of the Dragalia collab), and the details thus far sound great: almost all characters have a 3* version that can be acquired through the story and you can get 4* and 5* versions through the gacha, while monsters are acquired through story and events. Even leveling up 3* characters you might not play with is worth it because leveling them up also levels up their guild, and all the characters from that guild get bonus stats.

The game has an infinite reroll first ten pull too. Here's a preview of some of the characters

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really not feeling Symphogear. I dunno, it's not bad just not something I feel like I'd want to invest a lot of time in, which my attention already being divided among the gacha games I currently play and SDS/Love Live, and Tales of Cancelia in the coming months. I hate the fact that it relies on a dupe system just to get the character to max evolution. :/

Haz

You have seen.
Oct 25, 2017
XDU Eng guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vAkeqV7ryFpDnm7EGrvPOSgr-eL0lmD-WUCKslXqcdk/edit

tl;dr do story mode to 1-20, hit up event when it's EP is up (Use AoT friend bonus and run event #4 for best tokens), buy the exp/gold from event shop, Limit Break/Limit Unlock 4* Chris to level 50->60. It will be your strongest unit for a while.
I'm really not feeling Symphogear. I dunno, it's not bad just not something I feel like I'd want to invest a lot of time in, which my attention already being divided among the gacha games I currently play and SDS/Love Live, and Tales of Cancelia in the coming months. I hate the fact that it relies on a dupe system just to get the character to max evolution. :/
Yeah it's been a while and game is showing how bad gacha was/is. The completely insane stat boost makes any 4* base basically nonviable in PvP or compared to having six 5* of the same type.

OH WELL.
The fact there are a billion stamina bars, off of playing Arknights (Which asks very very little), is a bit jarring. Slow menus too.

Should I keep this or nah
My feeling say nah
Nah. You want like 4-5 5* at least and hopefully 2-3 dupes.

That said I'm mostly in here for the alt stories and dumb shit (AoT collab was truly stupid). It was enjoyable.

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Well that was fast. Glad it all worked out!
Haha yeah :). Not tied to that anime in any ways so no biggie to uninstall it.

One Piece BonBon is now without event. There is literally very little to do. Don't wanna grind story stages for something. I guess I could do some hard stages but eh.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Haha yeah :). Not tied to that anime in any ways so no biggie to uninstall it.

One Piece BonBon is now without event. There is literally very little to do. Don't wanna grind story stages for something. I guess I could do some hard stages but eh.
Bon Bon Journey is one step away from a Bon Voyage for me. I've kept enough games installed just for the sake of being installed, so I've kind of vowed to stop doing that. I'll give them a bit since it is soft-launch, but if things don't change relatively soon I'll just uninstall and move on.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to log in and getting: An unexpected error has occured.
Maybe version update or something but as I couldn't find update in qooapp, deleted the app.
I've read on reddit that it occurs when you disable event information notifications in the settings. It's happened to me twice and only the second time did I think about using the stupid transfer code system to recover my account. Once I got back on and disabled all the other notifications except for that one, it worked fine for me ever since.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I've read on reddit that it occurs when you disable event information notifications in the settings. It's happened to me twice and only the second time did I think about using the stupid transfer code system to recover my account. Once I got back on and disabled all the other notifications except for that one, it worked fine for me ever since.
Oh dear lol, what a mess.
I always turn those off and ensure em by denying em from android too. Anyways game was deleted and didnt take transfer code up, no biggie.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
www.yattaplay.com

Battle Divas | Yatta! Play

Battle Divas is now live worldwide on Google Play and the App Store

This game looks interesting. Seems to be self-published, and their first gacha game. Weapon gacha only. Art looks nice, sprites are a mix between chibi and something like E7, gameplay seems to be not your standard turn based RPG, and their social media game is on point.

I preregistered because why not. Could be fun. Gameplay is coming soon, but you can see glimpses of it in the background of the website.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Symphogear and the way they handle dupes is just destroying any potential enjoyment for me. Like, if they want to make dupes a means to increase their special (ala FGO) or increase the number of memoria you can equip to that character (Magia Record), that's fine. No problem. However, in order for us to MAX LEVEL and MEX EVOLVE a character, you need to feed them four dupes? That's five characters total in a gacha game with RNG that contains limited-time characters, just to completely max their level/rarity. Level and Rarity should NEVER be tied to a dupe system.

Speaking of, I did the discount 100 crystal pull this morning and got a 5* memoria and 5* character (Chris), however I felt little excitement since I have no dupes for her. You shouldn't feel this way for getting a new 5* character from a gacha and yet here I am, since I know I won't be able to fully max her until I pull four more dupes. That's an issue.

www.yattaplay.com

Battle Divas | Yatta! Play

Battle Divas is now live worldwide on Google Play and the App Store

This game looks interesting. Seems to be self-published, and their first gacha game. Weapon gacha only. Art looks nice, sprites are a mix between chibi and something like E7, gameplay seems to be not your standard turn based RPG, and their social media game is on point.

I preregistered because why not. Could be fun. Gameplay is coming soon, but you can see glimpses of it in the background of the website.
I see costumes, though! But hey, maybe they'll just be for aesthetic and not for giving a large boost to stats. I doubt I'll be trying it out, but if they release a well-handled game I hope it does well, especially since this appears to be a elf-published and first offering for them.

Haz

You have seen.
Oct 25, 2017
Well the 5* rate is 5% instead of like 1-2% and they do give you more currency. Just means it's more banner focused instead.
It is a bad system from 2017 or whatever sadly. Game asks a whole lot of and for your time too.
Getting through main story here now for me at least!

Arknights is much nicer, just needs more content lol.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Just letting you know the valentines Flash gala has started, and and it has a ton of limited units in its pool that you can eventually use a start dash later on. Perfect time to start the game.
Thanks for the heads up - sadly ive been way too busy to try the game out.
Also some of the comments regarding how much time it takes to get used to all the systems and games mechanics were kinda off putting - game, story and charchters look great but i dont think i can justify getting into such a massive f2p game this late in its stage.

Hope you got lucky with your Valetines pulls though :-D

The event is probably over right ? I think i might still just start an account so i can say that i atleast experienced once of the most popular gacha games, also with the upcoming console games it might not be that bad to get familiar with some of these characters and the Lore.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Also some of the comments regarding how much time it takes to get used to all the systems and games mechanics were kinda off putting - game, story and charchters look great but i dont think i can justify getting into such a massive f2p game this late in its stage.

There was a time when I played GBF. I had tweetdeck in use so I could take part to as many Bahamut fights as possible. Shit what a grind it was. Couldn't take my eyes off from monitor. Yeah you play this game with pc. Mobile app used to suck and I bet it is stil lthe same.

Also guild fights damn what utterly frustrating it was. When guild is global to find that hour when everyone can take part...

I still got a lot of screenshots from 4 Years ago, here are few:

gbfgafc.PNG

Screenshot_20160627-135937.png

No thanks, not touching to it anymore. The insane grind. There is a very good reason why they say game is called:

Grind Blue Fantasy.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
There was a time when I played GBF. I had tweetdeck in use so I could take part to as many Bahamut fights as possible. Shit what a grind it was. Couldn't take my eyes off from monitor. Yeah you play this game with pc. Mobile app used to suck and I bet it is stil lthe same.

Also guild fights damn what utterly frustrating it was. When guild is global to find that hour when everyone can take part...

I still got a lot of screenshots from 4 Years ago, here are few:

gbfgafc.PNG

Screenshot_20160627-135937.png

No thanks, not touching to it anymore. The insane grind. There is a very good reason why they say game is called:

Grind Blue Fantasy.
Sounds messed up - but then again im not going into the game expecting to compete with the best players or even be part of the meta. Mostly interested in the characters and story, just figuring out what kind of game it is as a casual spectator. Its was too massive to get seriously into it and i dont really have the time for that.

I gave up on Last Cloudia because the battle system just didnt do anything for me even though i like pretty much everything else - gonna try out 7DS when it hits in a couple of weeks - but before that im gonna give GBF casual mode a try.

btw. Your BonBon post a couple of days ago made me download the game - big OP fan, but that BonBon artstyle was quite off putting from the initial trailers. Gave it a go anyway...so Bamco is just gonna let this one die ? First evens were crazy grindfest i didnt even bother with after the first clear (didnt even manage to clear the Krieg stage) and now they havent even provided new events ? lol

I wanna stick with it, because i like the special move animations ans the OP cast is massive...so they could add alot of units down the line - but as of now it doesnt seem like they care and treat it more like some quick cash grab from casual players who dont know any better.
Bon Bon Journey is one step away from a Bon Voyage for me. I've kept enough games installed just for the sake of being installed, so I've kind of vowed to stop doing that. I'll give them a bit since it is soft-launch, but if things don't change relatively soon I'll just uninstall and move on.

lol

But yeah...pretty much this - not even a week in and its already difficult to justify the less than 1gb space it takes up on my phone.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Logged in to Bonbon and noticed "New event coming soon". Way to go, literally nothing to do there, not going to grind story stages more (Im somewhere 115 or so). If the next event is as grindy as first one, I will axe app from phone.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Granblue is certainly more of a game you play on PC. You can do solo stuff on your phone no problem but any kind of group content is a nightmare to do on your phone.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the heads up - sadly ive been way too busy to try the game out.

Hope you got lucky with your Valetines pulls though :-D
To show a different view point, to get through the first story of the game, you can mostly press auto equip to gear your party, and experience most of the story and gameplay. There will be normal amounts of grinding, like in regular RPGs, to be able to level up our characters.

The insane grindblue that people warn of are if you want to easily/completely buy out event shops, or to have the best best best best grid that can solo everything.

You can breeze through event stories (they're made super easy to experience the event's stories now, just annoying grind if you want to buy everything useful from the event). And main story, like I said, is about 95% super easy (the other 5% you hit a wall super end boss near the first stories' climax, then back to regular quests again)

The event is probably over right ? I think i might still just start an account so i can say that i atleast experienced once of the most popular gacha games, also with the upcoming console games it might not be that bad to get familiar with some of these characters and the Lore.
The point here is that when an account is made, the game remembers what banner was happening at account creation. THen every two months, a 'start dash' offer keeps coming up, allowing you a one time purchase of anyone from that banner. And, if our guesses our correct, you made an account while the Valentine's gala banner was up, which has over a dozen really useful characters to pick from. But you're probably f2p so it won't matter, but the offer will be there every few months.

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
Despite the language barrier, I'm having a fun time playing Princess Connect ReDive. After watching a beginner's guide video, I've been able to understand most of the mechanics and modes. The only funny mistake I've done was join a clan by accident, thinking I was sending a friend request for a mission.

Went through some fan subs online for the main story and some character stories, which I appreciate. The anniversary event is really generous, and the game itself seems pretty laidback as well. I love the look of it too.
The game is FAT though, taking up 6GB.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
We'll get that Princess Connect Re:Dive Global announcement any day now, I'm sure.

*slowly rocks back-and-forth*

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
With the second major PvP event about to happen in Magireco, might as well give an update for where I am with the game. So far I've cleared the story through Chapter 7 and did a handful of the early parts of Chapter 8 to get some of the gem rewards when they had the story clear missions, but the berserk feather fights that make up the bulk of the quests so far are such a pain that I've put off any more story clearing until I can put together full 5* teams. Honestly, without the free weekend rolls and a bit of luck in them I probably wouldn't still be playing; having only used about... 700-800 or so gems out of "pocket" (including buying the monthly discount 10-roll from the shop), I've managed to get a natural 4* in each of Dark, Light, Forest, and Fire, and I'm still holding on to the free 4* pick until the last moment. Though given how mechanics work in this game, no matter how good their Connect is, a natural 4* with just one memoria slot feels like they could end up far inferior to a promoted 2/3* with multiple slots, at least for PvP. And to cycle back around to that point, I have no idea what kind of team I should be making for the Mirrors ranking that wouldn't get stomped flat by whales.

Still annoyed at some of the minor technical things with the game (awkward menu navigation, no visible HP numbers over each character/enemy in battle, lack of animation variety) and events are still a complete mess trying to understand how they work and deal with shop currency -- feels like you're expected to burn AP items like crazy if you want to buy even half of what's there.

The anime is absolutely incredible, though. It's captured all the style and atmosphere of the original series perfectly for a new generation; easily my preferred way to experience the story so far., though as I was going through the game chapters I was actually reading them up through chapter 4 but ended up skipping over most of the cutscenes for chapter 5 (but then started watching them again for chapter 6 onward), so since that arc is coming up next in the anime I won't have anything to compare it too. Shouldn't detract from it, hopefully.

Kikirin

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't see a Symphogear OT, so thought I'd ask for some friend code swaps here. Please add me if you've got room! - 327,198,101

Haz

You have seen.
Oct 25, 2017
Adding by friend code always worked.

And yeah my GBF time was pretty limited thankfully (Tweetdeck for Ygg raids, etc.) I even had a good SSR Earth team which made me want to play. No thank you.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oh no

gaijin hunter didn't like it

A lot of his complaints feel like the kind of nitpicky bullshit people mistake for "criticism." I've no idea if the game is good or not but honestly the video didn't convince me either way. Though I did find his complaints about auto amusing, the majority of games have auto just run the stage for you, thats why they're called auto not skip.

I mean the video felt like he didnt like it and then used fairly generic complaints to justify it to himself. Gacha games are inherently sort of garbage so the latter isnt particularly hard:

- Uninspired UI - check
- Repetitive gameplay loop - check
- Limited upgrade mats - check
- Stamina caps - check
- Have to earn currency slowly - check
- Have to play the game to unlock stuff - check (also, no shit)

I will say some of his complaints do seem valid, in particular the $30 10 pull option being 20 short of a ten pull.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, sounds like a regular gacha to me. the "you have to leave auto on and your phone is unusable" complaint is specially dumb. That's what it is for?