• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even gonna touch that Bleach game because I absolutely despise games that give you shards without giving you the full character first. I'm fine with shard systems as long as when you pull a character from the game, you can absolutely get it... and those shards can be sufficiently farmed.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
I'm not even gonna touch that Bleach game because I absolutely despise games that give you shards without giving you the full character first. I'm fine with shard systems as long as when you pull a character from the game, you can absolutely get it... and those shards can be sufficiently farmed.
This is one of the best type of that game. They give out shards like candy. I'm not too mad so far.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Good luck to anyone pulling for Ashley (Magia Record)!

I've decided not to, since I don't particularly love her character from the little I've seen so far, not to mention hearing English voices while I'm grinding (in an otherwise Japanese VA game) would bother me after a while. She seems super strong if you're into that though, but personally I'll continue saving for the Anniversary (I'm even going to pass up on Cool Homura and grab her during one of her re-runs), and hope they have a slew of cool stuff then.

Pangorogoro

Oct 31, 2017
I got Ashley!! I got 3 4* i already had before her though, and I don't have any more jewels to use so she's at one slot. But Mami is at 2 slots now!
I'm going through the story and the Madokami and Ashley are kicking all sorts of butt :)

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
"Holy Christ this game is a career", is a user comment that pretty much summarizes my exact thoughts about FFBE: WoTV.

Some examples include 1 and 2.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I got Ashley!! I got 3 4* i already had before her though, and I don't have any more jewels to use so she's at one slot. But Mami is at 2 slots now!
I'm going through the story and the Madokami and Ashley are kicking all sorts of butt :)
Congrats! :)

"Holy Christ this game is a career", is a user comment that pretty much summarizes my exact thoughts about FFBE: WoTV.

Some examples include 1 and 2.
Pretty much. :/

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, seeing how strong Ashley is makes me want to pull for her, but I can't really stand her character. I get that she likes the "kawaii" and everything, but she goes on-and-on about it to the point of irritating. I get that's her character and everything, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. It kind of sucks since Ultimate Madoka didn't even get a chance to really shine in Mirrors Ranking, since her Fate Weave came after the last one and now Ashley before the next. Good thing I don't really care about PVP...

Regardless, it's going to be hard to save, but thankfully the weave is only around for a short while, so I won't have to be in agony over it for an extensive period of time. Must save for IroYachi and Devil Homura.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So, I got into the Romancing Saga Re;Universe Beta. Didn't play that much (around 2 hours maybe) but so far it's basically what I wanted. I will invest a bit more, but since the progress will get wiped anyway I won't invest too much time into it. Getting the basics down so I can progress faster later on seems good though.

I am not using a healer at the moment which really limits me already. Nearly lost to the second story boss because of that. I also managed to get an SS and then the same SS as a dupe on another pull... xD

The home menu is ugly as sin though. Also, the game lags like hell on high graphics and I have to admit, I don't even see a difference between low and high settings. So I went with low and it's sooo much better now.

RonianAT

Jul 23, 2019
I am interested in FE Heroes, but I heard it is pay to win and that I need the season pass?
Which games are the best for beginners?

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I am interested in FE Heroes, but I heard it is pay to win and that I need the season pass?
Which games are the best for beginners?
That depends on what you want to do in FEH. The PvE content is perfectly fine and with the right tactics you can clear even the hardest content with free to play units. But you REALLY need to be a tactical genius for that.

PVP though, you really need good units for the higher ranks. The game overall is still really good though.

If you want a really generious Gacha, try Dragalia Lost. Especially sinc eth 1.5 year anniversary is currently running.

RonianAT

Jul 23, 2019
That depends on what you want to do in FEH. The PvE content is perfectly fine and with the right tactics you can clear even the hardest content with free to play units. But you REALLY need to be a tactical genius for that.

PVP though, you really need good units for the higher ranks. The game overall is still really good though.

If you want a really generious Gacha, try Dragalia Lost. Especially sinc eth 1.5 year anniversary is currently running.
Cant find Dragalia Lost in the German Playstore. Where can I find it for Android? Thanks!

Kito

Nov 6, 2017

I'm just starting to get back into Dragalia, but I'm honestly a bit worried about the financial health of the game. It's top 150 range in top grossing on Android along with Mario Kart, which is decently healthy, but it's not even top 400 on iOS, which is basically flatline status.

I'm worried that, unless they pull a rabbit out of the hat (which tragically didn't work with Fire Emblem, Mega Man, and Monster Hunter crossovers), that the plug might be pulled. :(

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Cant find Dragalia Lost in the German Playstore. Where can I find it for Android? Thanks!
OH, you are from Germany, like me! Sadly, Dragalia hasn't been officially released here yet. The only solution would be to get something like QooApp and download it from there.

Kito The game has nothing for whales, since it is so generous. Dolphins can get their fill (I am buying limited packs for diamantium to use for daily summons and an occasional Platinum Summon) but yeah... It does get better during events with limited units though.

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
So, I got into the Romancing Saga Re;Universe Beta. Didn't play that much (around 2 hours maybe) but so far it's basically what I wanted. I will invest a bit more, but since the progress will get wiped anyway I won't invest too much time into it. Getting the basics down so I can progress faster later on seems good though.
It's an overall better game than recent 7DS and FF:WotV, but it won't be huge because of brand name and retro-style graphics.
Basically only the FFRK fans might move to it.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
So what's a good, new, easy to play, f2p friendly gacha you guys are playing?

I've had fun with Arknights, and it's perfectly clearable with only free units. Has no PvP so there's absolutely no need to whale on anything. It IS tower defense, though, so that might be a pro or con depending on your liking.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm on Challenge Area 11 in Magia Record. Wow, I lost my party on auto on one of the mini-bosses, not even the last boss. I already used my revives to clear the last boss in Area 10. Does anyone have Challenge Area 11 or 12 on farm?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm on Challenge Area 11 in Magia Record. Wow, I lost my party on auto on one of the mini-bosses, not even the last boss. I already used my revives to clear the last boss in Area 10. Does anyone have Challenge Area 11 or 12 on farm?
I auto'd (or rather did, when I farmed the event) Chapter 12, with an Ultimate Madoka (four slot), Madoka (two slot), and Ren (four slot) team. I went down the far left path, and only manually controlled the two boss fights (Riko clones as well as the final boss) so I could use Madoka's Magia. Just set it so you don't use Magia/Doppel at all while on Auto, otherwise they'll consider the single waves as "Boss" waves, and use them on fodder trash. I saved Ultimate Madoka and Ren's Doppel for the final boss, and generally had Madoka's Magia to go as well (despite using it on the Riko clone stage). I had my strongest Memoria equipped to Ultimate Madoka/Ren, with Madoka equipped with the %Magia Bar filled per battle Memoria (can't remember the name off the top of my head right now), and another one that gave her attack/bulk).

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

R.I.P SINoALICE. (Maybe)

It's developed by Applibot, and we've already gotten a Global (or Canadian release, as of now) of BLADE XLORD from them, so maybe a Global version is entirely possible? They must know how popular the franchise is worldwide, I really hope they don't keep this one as Japan0only (or only choose to release it many months later).

I'm hyped.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I auto'd (or rather did, when I farmed the event) Chapter 12, with an Ultimate Madoka (four slot), Madoka (two slot), and Ren (four slot) team. I went down the far left path, and only manually controlled the two boss fights (Riko clones as well as the final boss) so I could use Madoka's Magia. Just set it so you don't use Magia/Doppel at all while on Auto, otherwise they'll consider the single waves as "Boss" waves, and use them on fodder trash. I saved Ultimate Madoka and Ren's Doppel for the final boss, and generally had Madoka's Magia to go as well (despite using it on the Riko clone stage). I had my strongest Memoria equipped to Ultimate Madoka/Ren, with Madoka equipped with the %Magia Bar filled per battle Memoria (can't remember the name off the top of my head right now), and another one that gave her attack/bulk).
I was able to clear all nodes in Chapter 12. It was such a pain to do the right side. Not sure if I want to farm it though. Was only able to kill the boss on the left side due to no traps. I saved my magia and once I got to the boss, I took a chunk of its health with Ultimate Madoka{3 slot}, Mami{4 slot} and Dart's(1 slot) magia.
I got the things I needed the most from the shop at least.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I was able to clear all nodes in Chapter 12. It was such a pain to do the right side. Not sure if I want to farm it though. Was only able to kill the boss on the left side due to no traps. I saved my magia and once I got to the boss, I took a chunk of its health with Ultimate Madoka{3 slot}, Mami{4 slot} and Dart's(1 slot) magia.
I got the things I needed the most from the shop at least.
Yeah, it's not a highly-difficult event (assuming you've been playing since launch and have a decent number of powerful girls), but it's not fun to grind since it takes so long. Even auto'ing parts of it doesn't help that, I'd rather normal events where you can auto everything and just set your phone down for the run. I grabbed the exclusive stuff and the Rainbow Orbs and that's it.

Nier gacha game with Honkai Impact combat would be so fucking lit.
That'd be amazing.

I'm worried it'll be more akin to the style of BLADE XLORD, but I really hope that isn't the case. I mean, it's passable, but NieR deserves a more in-depth/responsive combat system. NieR x HI would be a great match, as it even has the dodge/slowdown mechanic.

Damn it, now I'm going to be disappointed if it doesn't happen.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Nier doesn't sound like a gacha game. It actually reminds me of what they were saying about that Sky game, and that game was trash.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
No more Magireco freebies for a while; thankfully I have at least one upper/high-tier natural 4* for each element, though mostly at one slot, but the additional coverage from uncapped 2/3*s helps to mitigate things.

Only a couple more days to use the 4* ticket. I already have two natural Light 4* in Ultimate Madoka and Darc, but I suppose the meta opportunities make regular Madoka still the top choice.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Cool Homura's event has been datamined for early April in MagiReco. Nice timing, right after Ashley was released.

I'm still waiting for the anniversary though, since Cool Homura gets multiple releases (including ones done after the Coordinator Coins feature is implemented, so it'll be easier to 4S her then). If they release Devil Homura though, she gets priority (as well as Iroha + Yachiyo). I need all of the anniversary girls.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish Magireco had some options that you could use to fine-turn auto behavior. Even just stuff like prioritize MP gain, prioritize blast attacks, target higher HP enemies first -- none of that seems like it would be too complex to add and it would go a long way to help the AI not be as terminally stupid as it can be.

Also now that I've had more time to understand the mechanics and meta of the game, it feels like getting a limited character is almost useless unless you go for at least one extra so you can have two memoria slots. Which means that for the non-paying players who started this year because of the anime, we're screwed.

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
6d3oowpvjwp41.jpg

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I've heard this is pretty mediocre. And with Crunchyroll in the mix I can't get very excited for it.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Magia Record: Unironically me IRL when the entire original cast is finally together and the fight scene from the first act of Rebellion starts playing

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Magia Record:
Unironically me IRL when the entire original cast is finally together and the fight scene from the first act of Rebellion starts playing
I really hope that wasn't a spoiler for the main story in the NA version.

Also I know it's a bit off-topic but I hate that video/clip because it's making fun of people who enjoy callbacks/references being made to previous works in a franchise and to an extent has poisoned some of the online discourse whenever a movie/show/game does something similar.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Did you know they were going to announce this at 9pm PDT, even though they've never announced anything at that time before, or do you have some alert set somewhere that notified you of the change?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Did you know they were going to announce this at 9pm PDT, even though they've never announced anything at that time before, or do you have some alert set somewhere that notified you of the change?
Nope, no alert.

The information for Cool Homura's event was datamined earlier and posted to a Google Doc (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LUgd3A7qkT6u0ZU7CPly3c-KXeaSNYGyg_4xzF8dDyA/edit#gid=0). I don't know where they get their information (I'm guessing they datamine the game itself?), so I was expecting the announcement to be pretty soon. When I have an expectation like this, I occasionally refresh the Rika-Ren website during the evening time (in-between my casual web browsing) to see if something pops. It just so happened it did.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
That link is to a datamining site. The news post will become public in the game tonight probably.
I know what that site is, and my question was for Chrono. And this is one of the occasions where the news post wasn't uploaded ahead of being made visible to the public, so it's in the game news right now.
Nope, no alert.

The information for Cool Homura's event was datamined earlier and posted to a Google Doc (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LUgd3A7qkT6u0ZU7CPly3c-KXeaSNYGyg_4xzF8dDyA/edit#gid=0). I don't know where they get their information (I'm guessing they datamine the game itself?), so I was expecting the announcement to be pretty soon. When I have an expectation like this, I occasionally refresh the Rika-Ren website during the evening time (in-between my casual web browsing) to see if something pops. It just so happened it did.
Why are you so antsy for a banner you've made very clear ahead of time that you have no intention to roll on?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Why are you so antsy for a banner you've made very clear ahead of time that you have no intention to roll on?
The sooner she arrives now, the sooner her re-run banner can happen, which is when I plan to pull for her. Plus it makes people who ARE pulling for her now happy, so there's that too.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cool Homura coming on 4/3. That's really soon. Wasn't planning to pull for her, but now there's Ashley, Holy Mami and her coming up. As much as I like to pull, I rather save.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Tales of Crestoria. Where are you? Where? The last update was stating the game was scheduled to release by mid-2020 and nothing since. No pre-registration campaign, no post, no hype. Every day that goes without an update I get more and more depressed. The game looked like it was coming along well too, I just hope it hasn't all been cancelled. Tales of Cancelia? It could very well be true.

Please prove me wrong, Bandai Namco.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If anyone is thinking of starting epic 7, now is a good time. They are going to be giving away 70 free pulls, a few complete armor sets (that are actually good), and a bunch of gold, resources, etc. They also announced two new characters that look pretty great, and a bunch of new stuff is releasing soon. Also, the current April fools story is awesome and gives great rewards. I know e7 gets hated on here (and there are still things to be fixed for sure), but they are really killing it in my eyes lately.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting for them to add meaningful PVE content and remove the RNG that penetrates nearly every aspect of the game. It's unfortunate because everything else is so good.