• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France

one of my favorites on the album.

Same, but there isn't a single song that I dislike on that album tbh
If I REALLY had to pick my favorites I guess it's be MAD LOVE, FOR EXAMPLE??, EMPiRE is COMiNG... but yeah, everything's great.

---

Already mentioned it on the last page but their debut album is nuts (no pun intended).

Larsa

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it might be my favorite WACK album ever? if you don't count pre-WACK BiS.

It's funny that the new members get to appear in an EMPiRE music video before they even got names and twitter accounts.

Though it's looking pretty likely that's it's MAHO and MiKiNA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe_efbJt1eI&feature=youtu.be&t=47m58s
Even MAYU is leaking info.

--

Already mentioned it on the last page but their debut album is nuts (no pun intended).
I was going to check it out, but I don't understand why two tracks are missing on Apple Music.

STQUHt5.jpg

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
I was going to check it out, but I don't understand why two tracks are missing on Apple Music.

STQUHt5.jpg

3rd track is from their indie EP of the same name, 9th track is also an old track from DJ Matsunaga's solo album, so I assume it's related to that (rights issue I guess)
They're available on Apple Music though if you track down the albums they're from. If you just change the tags (album name/cover art/track numbers) they'll blend in the new album without any problem, that's what I did (they're the exact same tracks so you don't risk missing out on a remix/slightly different version)

Larsa

Oct 25, 2017
3rd track is from their indie EP of the same name, 9th track is also an old track from DJ Matsunaga's solo album, so I assume that's why.
They're available on Apple Music if you track down the originals. If you just change the tags (album name/cover art/track numbers) they'll blend in the album without any problem, that's what I did.

huh weird. guess I'll do that. Also I just learned that you can change tags on Apple Music lol.

--

Love it when groups release nice looking live footage and then the whole concert is on fucking DVD. whyyyy.

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
I am in love with MAYU EMPiRE
Her head/hair is a perfect circle

my second fav Empire! Gozeela BiS is my current fav perfectly round head/hair combo tho.
just got the new Tentenko 7" in the post, along with the new Idol&Read which has Aina, Yua Gang Parade, Gozeela, Younapi etc, it's like they made it just for me lol. Oh and Kinoshita Momoka who seems to be going by the name 百花 now?

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
WACK girls have good music tastes in general.
BiSH's Sen to Chihiro pretty much listens to all the rock bands I like, even minor stuff

stump sock

Oct 25, 2017
I am in love with MAYU EMPiRE
Her head/hair is a perfect circle
I've liked Yu-ki since the audition, she's hard not to like.

but Midoriko is fascinating to me. in a way I think she's actually more of a weirdo than she lets on, which is the opposite of what you expect. she also seems to have been a bit of a delinquent which is usually a plus for me.

https://youtu.be/w3k5n0n9kv4?t=7m27s
https://youtu.be/u00-6UW2s-Y?t=1h3m37s

"while my friends were going to school, I'd watch videos or stare at the wall."

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
Listened to Creepy Nut's new album last night. Amazing, defining going to be in my aoty lists too.
Haven't listened to KPP's new release yet, going to give that a go today.
I guess I should give BiSH a try as well, I liked a couple songs from their previous album.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Utada got divorced?! That's so sad, I thought her and Francesco would stick together in London. I know it's not any of our business, but I hope everything turns out amicably with them and their child.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

Funny tidbit. That white guy playing guitar? Although lots of white people look the same to me, I'm pretty sure that he's the guy that joined the band after touring with them in Europe. He's a sometimes fill-in member from the past year who plays for some small Metal band in NY. I'm guessing he's joined again for the upcoming Europe tour. Vampillia's members tend to shuffle more when they do international shows.

Anyway, I talked to Vampillia's manager one time at a show, and he told me that this guitarist is a great guy, but he's extremely dumb. Thought it was a pretty funny interaction. Micchi and Mongoloid are a lot nicer than their manager. haha

Last edited:

stump sock

Oct 25, 2017
it's Josh Lozano from Fashion Week, a fairly obscure noise rock/metal group from NY like you said.

Mongoloid has always seemed like a total sweetheart so I'm not surprised to hear that he is. I barely recognized Velladon without facepaint or stage makeup.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
it's Josh Lozano from Fashion Week, a fairly obscure noise rock/metal group from NY like you said.

Mongoloid has always seemed like a total sweetheart so I'm not surprised to hear that he is. I barely recognized Velladon without facepaint or stage makeup.

Did you already know he was in the band, or you recognized him just from the video? The latter would be crazy.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Going to Crossing Carnival next week with a friend, should be fun. We plan on seeing Awesome City Club, King Gnu, DADARAY, THE NOVEMBERS, Tempalay and Oomori Seiko. Maybe catch a few minutes of Lili Limit if we can, kinda suck that every act takes 10 minutes from a different one (the venues are close but still)
CC18_TT.jpg

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Going to Crossing Carnival next week with a friend, should be fun. We plan on seeing Awesome City Club, King Gnu, DADARAY, THE NOVEMBERS, Tempalay and Oomori Seiko. Maybe catch a few minutes of Lili Limit if we can, kinda suck that every act takes 10 minutes from a different one (the venues are close but still)
CC18_TT.jpg
I didn't know you were back in Japan. For how long?

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Just 10 days, spring break starts tomorrow in France
I'll be in Tokyo from the 17th to 27th (barely enough time to meet all the people I have to see lol)

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
I have a lot of great shows on DVD/BR, but if I had to pick, say, 3 or 4 :
ONE OK ROCK's Budokan show, legit watched it 15 times the week of its release. Their biggest show at that time, right after the classic Niche Syndrome so the setlist was nuts.

the HIATUS - The Afterglow Tour 2012 where they have a small orchestra with them. Jaw-dropping.

Sakanaction - SAKANAQUARIUM 2011 DocumentaLy -LIVE at MAKUHARI MESSE-
It's what really turned me into a fan of the band. I liked their songs before, but watching this show opened my eyes.

Straightener - The Parade of Creatures
Same as above

Larsa

Oct 25, 2017
I''ve watched that opening Hato on the Midori dvd a billion times. It makes me feel a lot of things.

Last edited:

Larsa

Oct 25, 2017
now my whole evening is just thinking about Midori and Goto Mariko's multiple disappearances. I wish she'd just start up her solo career again. Those last two tracks she did for Haru Nemuri were so good.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
This Creepy Nuts album though, is nuts. Pun intended.

Thanks for the recommendation Kurita
Definitely check their two indie EPs too, some great stuff in there

They're honestly one of the most likable acts in music right now. They just started a new radio show recently, it's hilarious. They have a whole segment where they try rewriting Ed Sheeran's Shape of You with dumb lyrics.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Donkey Kong Country OST meets Nogizaka (I love that the lyrics are about being scouted in Kabukicho lol)

Last edited:

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
This thread is completely broken on mobile Safari, which is a shame.

I will contribute with a classic. 夏の扉 by 松田聖子ちゃん

stump sock

Oct 25, 2017
I thought maybe I knew what to expect of that Haru Nemuri album (which appears to be on most western streaming services), but I was wrong. that thing goes in a million directions and every one of them is great. what an album

I think she pulled the opposite of what most people who leave lowhighwho did and actually got better

Slowdive

Oct 25, 2017
It's a masterpiece, one of the best albums I've ever heard. That CM she was in has nearly two million views, I wish her MVs got that many, her latest one barely has three thousand.

stump sock

Oct 25, 2017
well it also got deleted and reuploaded at least once and it's on a channel with 200 subscribers.

also I'm incredibly stoked at just how much japanese music has found its way to western streaming services this year. they're figuring it out, finally.