• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slowdive

Oct 25, 2017

I don't know who this group is but good to see Mr Blobby getting work.

DcwOTYWU8AAdrhe.jpg

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Holy shit.

The band that got me into Japanese rock is back. It's been 10 years. Twitter is going crazy over this. All the artists I follow (especially the ones in their 20s) lost their collective shit lol
I can't fucking believe it. God is real.

Last edited:

kasane

Oct 30, 2017
Holy shit.

The band that got me into Japanese rock is back. It's been 10 years. Twitter is going crazy over this. All the artists I follow (especially the ones in their 20s) lost their collective shit lol
I can't fucking believe it. God is real.

Its weird i was like checking and looking for a comeback like two weeks ago and was listening to eleven fire crackers last night too, unreal.

I can't believe it too. Praise all thats holy.

I always thought the indefenite hiatus was just PR speak, i really cannot believe this.

The BOYS ARE DEFINITELY BACK

Edit: Wonder if a new EP is possible or in the cards, bless us believers who have waited for so long

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France

this has to be the regal lily vocalist right?

Yeah it's a 100% her lol

Speaking of Shinsei Kamattechan, the theme song for the live-action adaptation of After the Rain is a neat cover of Front Memory by the up-and-coming singer Suzuki Emiko and Kameda Seiji. (Noko and mono, alongside with Shibata from Wasureranneyo and Sawabe from Skirt worked as musicians on the OST of the movie too)

kasane

Oct 30, 2017
If theyre making a new EP or album with ELLEGARDEN then god bless. I know the HIATUS wont have japanese tracks so :P

Nord501

Oct 29, 2017
Massachusetts
God damn this is great

Hyped for the album

It's pretty damn good but Rei is my jam or at least will be. I had no clue it had already been out for 3 months on iTunes. I just previewed it and fell in love. I'm buying it the second I get some Yen in my account. Also anyone have any clue as to when BRATS song Kimarigoto will release on iTunes? I can't find if there's a release date for the song and it's really good.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
D.A.N. announced their 2nd album, Sonatine. July 18th.
DAN_art201802_fixw_730_hq.jpg
DAN_jkt20180718_fixw_640_hq.jpg

01. Start
02. Chance
03. Sundance
04. Cyberphunk
05. Debris
06. Pendulum
07. Replica
08. Borderland
09. Orange

It's pretty damn good but Rei is my jam or at least will be. I had no clue it had already been out for 3 months on iTunes. I just previewed it and fell in love. I'm buying it the second I get some Yen in my account.
The album might become their best one if all the songs are as strong as this one, Rei, One's Again... Can't wait.

Last edited:

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
Kurita
Listened to Bunriha No Natsu from Nariaki Obukuro.

I don't think it's really up my ally. But I really enjoyed the close out for this record. The last 3 songs. Kadode? I'll dab to that haha

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Enjoying DATS's major debut album quite a bit. They were alright before, but that album is on another level. I especially like the fact that they're starting to have lyrics in Japanese and not full English like before. Definitely adds something, they don't just sound like a random western band this way. A great mix of electro, dance pop...

(this song isn't the best example though, but since they're with Sony I can't find a MV available for all lol)

--
I'm absolutely stoked for Straightener's upcoming album. The band turns 20 this year and they still sound fresh as ever, mad respect for them, they might never move from my top 10 bands.

Also now that Ellegarden is back it means that they're definitely going to do shows together like in the early 2000s, damn.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Any forward thinking/positive Takahashi Yu song is a good song (actually any Takahashi Yu song is a good song)

Hope an album is coming this year, he's released a bunch of great singles.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Been on an Aimyon kick lately, no doubt she's going to be one of the great solo artists of this generation (also I have a tendency to like artists who are the same age as me)

Nord501

Oct 29, 2017
Massachusetts
I'm super happy with iTunes Japan right now. As a fan of most things relating to Tetsuya Komuro, I've looked for H Jungle with T songs on there for the longest time now and I decided to search for Wow War Tonight and bam, I find it and the other 2 singles. Now if only they could add 海とあなたの物語, which would be a real treat to own since it's a great song. Also sorry for writing what pretty much sounds like a blog post but I'm super happy.-

Slowdive

Oct 25, 2017
New singles from Chelmico and Inshow-ha out today, the Chelmico singles were meant to be out later but they released them early.

New BiS is looking good.

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
Utada Hikaru has released the cover for her next album along with the tracklisting!
01. Play A Love Song
02. あなた
03. 初恋
04. 誓い
05. Forevermore
06. Too Proud featuring Jevon
07. Good Night
08. パクチーの唄
09. 残り香
10. 大空で抱きしめて
11. 夕凪
12. 嫉妬されるべき人生

I love the cover, so beautiful! Releases June 27th.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
wtf ellegarden is back?
shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
so the hiatus disbanded?