• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
3 million!

6vNmtOC.gif

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I watched the Mitsuko MV for the first in forever yesterday and man...remember when they used to be really good? :(
That streak they had going up to and including Zipang was so strong. Most of their recent stuff has just been super forgettable.

I wonder how much of that is just that the formula hasn't evolved THAT much lately. Like, SUPERMAN was definitely different from previous albums and the production keeps getting better, but ultimately it's the same basic concepts that don't surprise the way they used to. I think part of why I liked Napoleon so much was because it was so different from their usual fare (I assume because it was a different producer for that song?).

I do also constantly worry that KOM_I is going to turn into Bjork at some point and essentially avant-garde her way out of my airspace. Which is totally fine and awesome for her and Wed Camp but probably means I'll just stop caring about the band. I know this is essentially the opposite of my first criticism, though.

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
Haha, oh man, there's a FC edition, and they're still making you buy each one at full price.

https://namieamuro.jp/finally_dvd_fc/?utm_source=mail&utm_medium=fc&utm_campaign=fnllydvd_fc

And the deadline is the 18th, I can't justify that!

I was super super tempted ordering from fc, especially for the display box. But if there is no discount, nah.
And the 18th is so soon! That's a lot of money in a short time frame. I am not prepared!
At least CDJapan has that 10% off which helps a lot. I wish they would have made one SKU with all the footage at a discount price or something.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Need to keep an eye on these guys, reminds me of a mix between indigo la End and early back number

Wouldn't be surprised if a big indie label picks them up

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
I like the first cover, so I might get just take one. Too bad I'll never get to see her.

Still kicking myself for missing Babymetal, but I might catch Scandal.
It's pretty likely she'll have one or two more concerts before the end. I'm still being incredibly optimistic and hoping she'll want to perform in the US again.

But most likely it will be another Okinawa concert which will get typhooned out :(

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty likely she'll have one or two more concerts before the end. I'm still being incredibly optimistic and hoping she'll want to perform in the US again.

But most likely it will be another Okinawa concert which will get typhooned out :(

Yeah I agree. She did 23 concert dates, two shy of 25. It'll be a good send off I think. But that's still 3 months away.
Plenty of time to release that remix album and second collaboration album!
pretty please pretty please!
I'm such a mess watching all the TV spots for her final tour, I don't know how to handle watching the bluray

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017

Superfly's new single 'Bloom' releases this week.
This is the music video for it's b-side 'Fall'.
I love jazzy Shiho.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017

If you told me a year ago that I would into glitchy stuff I wouldn't believe you.

Last edited:

Larsa

Oct 25, 2017

been interested in her after her great feature on the last GOMESS album (under the name 蟻).

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Shout it Out disbanding in August. Last mini-album next month.

I guess I'm not that surprised since 2 members left right when they went major, and they didn't seem that happy, but it still sucks. They're only 20 years old though, so they have plenty of time to make new bands. Looking forward to their next projects.
I remember being pretty impressed when I first heard this song like 3 years ago.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Went to Babymetal today in Utrecht, show was amazing. Such great energy and ridiculously great performance. It is amazing how clean Suzuka and Moa sing despite the dancing they do. Crowd was super into it, even though it was a relatively small venue, and it was just perfect.

10/10, even my two friends who aren't into metal at all got super into the show and left excited, if you ever get the chance to see them, definitely don't miss it.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I looked them up and they disbanded :/ know any similar groups or artists in the genre?

You poor bastard.

I'm sure others can point you in other directions but the ones that feel most similar to Especia for me are Monari Wakita (formerly of Especia) and Dance for Philosophy:

I'm not sure either really capture the spirit of Especia, though. Dance for Philosophy is really fun in their own way and Monari sounds pretty good but I think is expanding out from the city pop thing and has never really had the vaporwave tinges Especia used to have.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
You poor bastard.

I'm sure others can point you in other directions but the ones that feel most similar to Especia for me are Monari Wakita (formerly of Especia) and Dance for Philosophy:

I'm not sure either really capture the spirit of Especia, though. Dance for Philosophy is really fun in their own way and Monari sounds pretty good but I think is expanding out from the city pop thing and has never really had the vaporwave tinges Especia used to have.

Sick, yeah i'm not necessarily looking for vapor-wave just something more funky akin to city-pop then the aesthetics itself.

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the heads up. Prob just gonna get myself a tour tshirt then.
Hey Neol . How was the KPP gig? Did you have a fun time? Any pics or vids you happened to take for yourself? To expand on my experience, I really enjoyed the mix of songs she did. Just felt like a really full serving you know? She didn't play Yume no Hajima Ring Ring at my gig which is the only part that was a bummer (not that it took away from my enjoyment mind you). Did you grab the shirt you were looking for?

Neol

Oct 25, 2017
Hey Neol . How was the KPP gig? Did you have a fun time? Any pics or vids you happened to take for yourself? To expand on my experience, I really enjoyed the mix of songs she did. Just felt like a really full serving you know? She didn't play Yume no Hajima Ring Ring at my gig which is the only part that was a bummer (not that it took away from my enjoyment mind you). Did you grab the shirt you were looking for?

Didn't see her yet. Concert is the 18th of this month!

Not too worried bout the song selection as long as she's performing the majority of her hits.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
揺らぎ literally just announced their first mini album!

Also 17歳とベルリンの壁's 3rd mini album as well.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
I was looking for konami kukeiha club music and it led to some really cool stuff, bands seemed to be called 'Another Night' and 'Drop Goal'. What would you call this type of music?

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Haruka Tominga (ex Especia) has a new solo project as HALLCA. New track on Spotify now, produced by Pellycolo (so very much the same neighborhood as Especia).

She definitely sounds more comfortable singing Japanese again. Less upbeat and bright than Monari but that's a good thing imho!

(also goddamn if that Yubin track hasn't been stuck in my head for a week, thanks a bunch)

kasane

Oct 30, 2017
Iv been looking for asakos guitar for 3 years. I think its custom shop thats why i cant find it

stump sock

Oct 25, 2017
it's a Provision telecaster clone and as far as I can tell it's a custom build. but considering that even their "off the shelf" models cost over $3000, I can't imagine getting a custom from them could cost that much more

but also I can't figure out how anybody in their right mind would pay $3000 for a telecaster, custom or not

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Has anybody posted this hip-hop duo before?

They're all right. Hoping the step it up a bit with their debut at the end of the month.
Need to keep an eye on these guys, reminds me of a mix between indigo la End and early back number
Wouldn't be surprised if a big indie label picks them up
I'm sure they'll get picked up. I'll keep an eye on 'em, too. Thanks!

Last edited: