• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Aimer releasing two albums on April 10, Sun Dance and Penny Rain. 10 songs each. I've reaaaaally enjoyed Hanabira no March from her single that just got released, this will be the year I finally get into Aimer for real outside of a couple of songs. Looking foward to these.
urLuR2u.jpg
Bt4h0wM.jpg

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Arashi are going on hiatus in 2020. They were the first idol group I got into back in 2012, and I've always liked watching their shows too. That sucks :(

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Holy shit!!!
That is the best reunion announcement in such a long time.
am currently listening to shing02's new album, man this spinmaster a-1 dude is a genius
i love this kind of japanese instrumental/beat
https://246911.bandcamp.com/album/246911
hope the album gets on spotify
Been listening to him for over 10 years, and I'm planning to see him live in the next couple months. Definitely a great artist.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
Kurita maybe you can answer this, Crystal Lake's latest album came out in November in Japan but apparently isn't being released anywhere else until later this year. Any idea why that is? It seems like a pretty archaic way to go about releasing a record, even for a Japanese record label.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Kurita maybe you can answer this, Crystal Lake's latest album came out in November in Japan but apparently isn't being released anywhere else until later this year. Any idea why that is? It seems like a pretty archaic way to go about releasing a record, even for a Japanese record label.
I'm not really knowledgeable about that band sorry so I have no idea why. Looks like it was a physical release first in 2018, for what it's worth the digital version isn't out in Japan either yet.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017

It would be really nice if she put up a (mini) album this year, or at least make what she already released available digitally.

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
I like the song as well, but I kinda wish they made more music videos for their songs that aren't in this style. They've got a lot of more chill, experimental tunes that won't reach the ears of people who just watch their videos.
Absolutely, even just comparing their first single Light to the new one if you gave someone both tracks and they weren't familiar with Frederic you almost couldn't tell the songs were made by the same band.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
I am definitely ready for Hiragana's song tonight to blast me with some happy aura...
Speaking of Hiragana I'm surprised that Joyful Love isn't on the single, I'm starting to think that it won't be available until a new Hiragana album

——

Song is used for the live action movie Kingdom. Ancient China + modern pop-rock 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Cool song tho

Taka is also featured on the new KOHH album which got a surprise release today. They have a special event in front of Shibuya 109 where you can watch their collab music video in VR.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
I'm still legit shook by Kuroi Hitsuji's music video. I had it in the corner of my mind the whole day but I'm like too scared to watch it again. What the heck.
Crying Hirate is just haunting me.
psyTFnN.jpg

I also wonder why they didn't upload it on Youtube, just on their website.

Last edited:

platypo

Jan 9, 2018
I'm still legit shook by Kuroi Hitsuji's music video. I had it in the corner of my mind the whole day but I'm like too scared to watch it again. What the heck.
Crying Hirate is just haunting me.
psyTFnN.jpg

I also wonder why they didn't upload it on Youtube, just on their website.

Holy crap this MV... Mii-chan holding her wrist in a bathtub crying sends shivers down my spine. She has seemed quite depressed lately judging from her variety appearances (her talk with the mama-sans during the adult location shoot) and blog posts. Hope she gets better soon.

I really like to see her in the front row. She and Hirate are such mysterious idols, I love them.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Holy crap this MV... Mii-chan holding her wrist in a bathtub crying sends shivers down my spine. She has seemed quite depressed lately judging from her variety appearances (her talk with the mama-sans during the adult location shoot) and blog posts. Hope she gets better soon.

I really like to see her in the front row. She and Hirate are such mysterious idols, I love them.
Now that you mention the bathtub scene, they might avoid Youtube so that the the video doesn't get an age restriction or something since the whole video is pretty dark?
Could be totally wrong and they might just want traffic on their website or something, but hey.

ScottNak

Oct 27, 2017
Now that you mention the bathtub scene, they might avoid Youtube so that the the video doesn't get an age restriction or something since the whole video is pretty dark?
Could be totally wrong and they might just want traffic on their website or something, but hey.
It's possible...

And I know alot of people seemed to be concerned about Neru lately too.
Sure hope they keep an eye on everyone to make sure they're doing fine...

Smang

Jan 30, 2019
Hey, first time posting here.

Not sure if it's been posted before, but I think the best channel I've found for Japanese music at the moment is the Spincoaster / スピンコースター channel with its Music Bar Session videos. It's got Tiny Desk Concert vibes and almost everything is great. It's got a real mix of artists from different genres, even dipping out of Japan with a Liverpudlian band and a Korean duo playing in two of the latest videos (obviously not Japanese music, but just showing the variety they bring in).

Standouts for me are:
Ohira Mizuki - Mienai Ito ~Never Be The Lonely One~
Anly - DREAM ON
CICADA - screen
Kan Sano - DT pt.2

platypo

Jan 9, 2018
Visual and covers for Kuroi Hitsuji. I wonder what the KEYAKI HOUSE bonus footage is. If it's a parody of Terrace House it could be hilarious.

Costume is kinda wack but but the sleeping faces are great. Again, Keyaki juxtaposes perfectly the members' vulnerability and their resilience. Sleep has been used as a symbol for escaping reality in many Japanese media I've seen, this is good design for this song.

Having rewatched the MV many times I really think 'Black Sheep' is a masterpiece in MV directing.

Kinda feel for Techi always portraying the image of being alienated by others though...

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, first time posting here.

Not sure if it's been posted before, but I think the best channel I've found for Japanese music at the moment is the Spincoaster / スピンコースター channel with its Music Bar Session videos. It's got Tiny Desk Concert vibes and almost everything is great. It's got a real mix of artists from different genres, even dipping out of Japan with a Liverpudlian band and a Korean duo playing in two of the latest videos (obviously not Japanese music, but just showing the variety they bring in).

Standouts for me are:
Ohira Mizuki - Mienai Ito ~Never Be The Lonely One~
Anly - DREAM ON
CICADA - screen
Kan Sano - DT pt.2

This is pretty neat, thanks! Has some of the same vibe as videos I remember from the Sofar Tokyo series, but with better production values.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Randomly saw a Spotify Japan twitter post promoting King Gnu, ZutoMayo and more that also had this guy featured. Listened to his debut EP and it's pretty great.