• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kasane

Oct 30, 2017
not 1 good song in eye of the storm lmao
new wanoku is so bad
stand out fit in is the only good song lmao.

Even Ambitions was tolerable, this America experiment is a failure. Either go change producers or go back to pre 2016 OOR. I mean i guess their inspiration is American pop-rock but im so disappointed with Eye of the storm, JFC.

Toru could just literally use a loop pedal on all the songs lmao

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Gonna grab the CD for Eye of the Storm tomorrow after work.
Listened to it three times today (thanks JPN Apple Music), enjoying it so far, and I'm sure it'll grow on me a lot. Don't care much for the featuring, but that's about it. Pretty fresh pop album overall, which is what I expected.
I especially like the title track, Giants, Push Back so far (not to mention Change but that song isn't new)
Haven't heard the exclusive track from the non-Japan version yet.

-
The Sugai/Akane unit song from Keyaki's 8th album aired on the radio. That's huh, not the kind of song I expected given the title. Thought it'd be like a "sexy" song or something. They aren't the best singers of the group by any means, but I dig their voices.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
MV for Keyaki's Nobody.
Interesting that this one isn't on Youtube either. Kuroi Hitsuji had somewhat risqué scenes, but maybe it had nothing to do with that after all. I'm sure a lot of people won't really bother going to their official site to watch the videos so they really should upload them on Youtube at some point...

ScottNak

Oct 27, 2017
MV for Keyaki's Nobody.
Interesting that this one isn't on Youtube either. Kuroi Hitsuji had somewhat risqué scenes, but maybe it had nothing to do with that after all. I'm sure a lot of people won't really bother going to their official site to watch the videos so they really should upload them on Youtube at some point...

Only positive of no youtube is me not being frustrated about that stupid region locking.
What an interesting MV... haha.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Only positive of no youtube is me not being frustrated about that stupid region locking.
What an interesting MV... haha.
It's pretty classy, I like the general adult vibe. And people who desperately want MVs with clear shots of the members should be happy.
And man, watching the MV, the concept is strong enough to be a lead single tbh (I'm glad a song like Kuroi Hitsuji gets a chance to shine though)

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Didn't expect OOR to come back this quickly to Europe, cool. They got a pretty heavy schedule : US Tour coming in a couple of days, Asia Tour as the support act for Ed Sheeran, then Europe. Never been to the Paris venue before, it's apparently pretty great.

Last edited:

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
stand out fit in is the only good song lmao.

Even Ambitions was tolerable, this America experiment is a failure. Either go change producers or go back to pre 2016 OOR. I mean i guess their inspiration is American pop-rock but im so disappointed with Eye of the storm, JFC.

Toru could just literally use a loop pedal on all the songs lmao

It has no bite, it's mixed terribly, and literally every song is a straight up pop ballad. The thing about those ballad style songs is they only work if you have one or two of them on an album. When you have 13 tracks of it, the sound becomes grating and unbearable. I had fairly low expectations, but this is definitely worse than I could've imagined. The band is supremely talented but it feels like they're all background characters in a Taka solo project.

The frustrating thing is Taka recently appeared on "I want a billion" by KOHH and that is what I want out of OOR.

nocontent

Dec 29, 2017

Huge news dropped today, Number Girl are back. They'll perform at the Rising Sun Rock festival this summer!
Great news, even when most reunions are not delivering up to the expectations. Saw some recorded footage of their concert, especially "the last one" and they conveyed much more than just their music.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
MV for the Sugai/Moriya unit song from Keyaki's 8th single. The song is really growing on me. Kinda sounds like the Shiraishi/Nishino unit song, wonder if the same person wrote it.
Guess we get the other unit song and Hinatazaka MV this week.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France

Man if their double album is as good as this, the wait will be worth it.
MV directed by Shingu Ryouhei, who did all the Keyakizaka singles MV since Futari Saison.

They've finally moved to A-Sketch, hope we get a full album in 2019.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
VaVa's new album is pretty neato.

-
Hirate is starring in this Anrealage concept movie, looking like a fashionable animu vilain. Music is by Sakanaction's Yamaguchi.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
君に話しておきたいこと MV is up!
https://www.hinatazaka46.com/s/official/contents/6001936723001

Really nice editing done here~
Everybody getting good face time as well
Song is pretty neato.

I just don't care much for Kosaka as the center but I guess she's super popular. Same for Kakezaki next to her.
I get WHY they're well-liked but still. Guess Hinazataka will be the first group where my favorite members don't happen to be the faces lol

At least my girl Bemiho is pushed too.

Last edited:

Nablith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I have been listening to Harunemuri for several months now and I can't get enough. She's looking for a booking agent in the US so I hope she can make it over soon!

Her full length album is called Harutoshura

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I finally gave ONE OK ROCK's new album a listen, and I enjoyed it. I can see why people would be disappointed with the album since it's a big departure from the rest of their catalog. The best songs were definitely the singles.

Between this and Ambitions, I enjoyed Ambitions a lot more.

I recently got into REOL. Good stuff.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
I finally gave ONE OK ROCK's new album a listen, and I enjoyed it. I can see why people would be disappointed with the album since it's a big departure from the rest of their catalog. The best songs were definitely the singles.

Between this and Ambitions, I enjoyed Ambitions a lot more.

I recently got into REOL. Good stuff.
I think Ambitions is way better, but Eye of The Storm is still a really solid entry in their discography. Better than any pre-Niche Syndrome (which is like the standard everyone uses to judge any new OOR material since 2011) release imo

Hell, Eye of the storm and Giants are legit some of my fav OOR songs to date. Worst in Me is also pretty neato.

Last edited:

Nirran

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Seeing ONE OK ROCK Tuesday for what will be my third time. Their new album is okay, definitely a step down from Ambitions. It hurts to see stuff like Deeper Deeper replaced with Head High considering that song is so boring.

New frederic is really good as usual. Those guys make some great stuff.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Got my ticket for OOR's show in may in Paris. Gonna be my 6th time, can't wait.
-

Keyakizaka46's performances for Kuroi Hitsuji were great, as expected. Only problem during Music Station was that the cameramen fucked up during the last stretch, so it gets a bit messy lol
I really like the whole Techi/Kobayashi bit where they dance together while the rest watches. I thought they'd keep it like the MV, where Techi dances alone.

CDTV version

Music Station version

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Nothing but respect for my president
Hope you'll be happy in your post-Nogizaka46 life Nishino bigbosssalute.gif
Expecting at least 3 or 4 more 1st gen graduations this year. I've only been a Nogizaka fan for like a year and a half, so to me there's no real distinction between the 3 gens (well, 4 now) since I didn't follow their growth in real time, but it still stings a little bit.
The 3rd gen is incredibly strong tho, so I'm not worried about the group's future.

Hope I'll be able to go to their summer show in Tokyo this august...
Jxgf6wg.jpg
aHsRf6G.jpg

ipxABOq.jpg

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Phew, the 4 years wait was worth it, Sekai no Owari's double album is everything I wanted. 26 songs covering pretty much their entire universe, with a lot of surprises. From their sweet fairy tale-esque songs to peculiar dark-ish fantasy worlds. Great stuff.
Tree released in 2015 was a solid album imo (albeit divise with songs like Dragon Night), but Eye and Lip feel like a real return to form reminding me why I love this band in the first place.

Also I realize that their first album EARTH will be 10 years old next year, jesus.

--

Last edited: