• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
Chanmina dropped her new EP for I'm a Pop. Has two new songs in addition to I'm a Pop and an English language version of Doctor. It's pretty solid.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Here's the new Sakamichi AKB song. Nothing to write home about but hey.

Nogizaka members : Yamashita (center), Umezawa, Oozono, Kubo, Yoda
Keyakizaka members : Kobayashi, Koike, Habu, Suzumoto, Sugai
Hinatazaka members : Bemiho, Katoshi, Kosaka, Kyonko, Mirei
And 10 AKB members. At this point I'd just like a Sakamichi crossover without AKB lol
Also I hope Yamashita gets a shot at the Nogizaka center position this year.

ScottNak

Oct 27, 2017
Here's the new Sakamichi AKB song. Nothing to write home about but hey.

Nogizaka members : Yamashita (center), Umezawa, Oozono, Kubo, Yoda
Keyakizaka members : Kobayashi, Koike, Habu, Suzumoto, Sugai
Hinatazaka members : Bemiho, Katoshi, Kosaka, Kyonko, Mirei
And 10 AKB members. At this point I'd just like a Sakamichi crossover without AKB lol
Also I hope Yamashita gets a shot at the Nogizaka center position this year.

Yup... with Hinata being completely separated now... just the sakamichi groups getting a regular get-together would be pretty awesome.... haha

Speaking of Hinata!
Debut Single! Kyun! Sneak peek here: https://www.hinatazaka46.com/s/official/news/detail/O00004

8bc10604.jpg

And looks like Kosakana gets the center again :o

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Yup... with Hinata being completely separated now... just the sakamichi groups getting a regular get-together would be pretty awesome.... haha

Speaking of Hinata!
Debut Single! Kyun! Sneak peek here: https://www.hinatazaka46.com/s/official/news/detail/O00004

8bc10604.jpg

And looks like Kosakana gets the center again :o
Not that I dislike Kosakana by any means, but I'm a bit bummed out to see her overpushed while Matsuda or Kanemura are stuck in the third row.
Oh well, I guess it'll be even more satisfying when they finally get the spotlight.

Also I'm guessing they announce the renewal of Hiragana Oshi next week since the title doesn't make any sense now.

EDIT : cover arts

And the promo visual
eTkkqX4.jpg

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Lord knows I'm not usually a fan of this kind of singer but I gotta admit, Milet is pretty impressive. Sony got themselves another dang good vocalist ala Aimer to get emotional tie-ups by the truckload.
Song is produced by Toru from ONE OK ROCK.

platypo

Jan 9, 2018
Neru graduation news broke my heart. She is forever my oshi and basically an angel and I wish her the best.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Well, the good news today is that Sakanaction are FINALLY releasing a new album next month.
It's gonna be a two-discs album on top of that.

(or should I say "alubum")

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Finally!

_118ca10.png

But it seems worth the wait. I was worried they would leave some of the best singles out, or that it wouldn't have much new, but 2 discs cover everything. Makes sense why it was taking so long too.

Larsa

Oct 25, 2017
holy fuck it's been so long. thankfully it seems to be a meaty album since there's so many singles all the way from 2014 lmao.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Honestly, after losing Shida without her coming back, I can take anything as a Sakamichi otaku.

Add to that what seems to be a veeery strong 2nd gen of Keyaki members, I'll survive.

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
Hey y'all, I was in Japan for the past month, and ironically, I've lost track of new music.

Besides the new Stingray album, what other rock bands or pop singers have new stuff in the past 3 weeks?

ryuukan

Oct 25, 2017
New moumoon album Newmoon is...ok
mix of EDM and ballads, weakest album to date imo
gonna listen to it some more but I dont think my opinion will change
maybe its related to Masaki's sleep disorder that he's seeking treatment for

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Ellegarden uploaded a 1 minute long footage of their show at Zozo Marine Stadium from last year and that's all I need to mark out

Hope they release a blu-ray...
They're gonna be at Fuji Rock this year. If this means they're doing festivals oh shiiiiit. I'm going to Rock in Japan so...

ScottNak

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, after losing Shida without her coming back, I can take anything as a Sakamichi otaku.

Add to that what seems to be a veeery strong 2nd gen of Keyaki members, I'll survive.
Well... let's hope this isn't a trend we have to get used to.

At the very least seeing Kage & Aoi being namedropped by the other member's blogs lately has been nice~

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Random find: HMV Japan has a listing for a vinyl edition of the Haru Nemuri album from last year. The interesting bit is who's listed as the record label: Specific Recordings, the same French label that put out some Charisma.com, Passepied and Wed Camp releases for the west a while back. It's not yet listed on their Bandcamp but I guess keep an eye out?

stump sock

Oct 25, 2017
Random find: HMV Japan has a listing for a vinyl edition of the Haru Nemuri album from last year. The interesting bit is who's listed as the record label: Specific Recordings, the same French label that put out some Charisma.com, Passepied and Wed Camp releases for the west a while back. It's not yet listed on their Bandcamp but I guess keep an eye out?
good looking out, I'd definitely pick that up

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
Love MOTFD.

They had a pretty good upsurge when there two first albums released but they disbanded around 2012 and was thought to be done forever with two of the original members leaving. Dig the new release however I would say its weaker than there past stuff.

Yo. I finally got around to listening to their 2010 effort "ゼロコンマ、色とりどりの世界 ". Damn good stuff. Stronger effort in my opinion too. Really happy I stumbled upon this band. Hope to see them live one day.

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Looks like Band-Maid will be announcing info on their 2019 World Tour soon. I'm hoping for another London show as I'd definitely buy tickets again. Possibly in a bigger venue.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Dang, MOROHA always killing it with just one guitar.

Haven't listened to the album yet, but jesus christ, between this and the previous singles this could be their best one.

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
48G Senbatsu Sousenkyo cancelled this year, I thought this was one of their big cash cows?
Long running TV and radio shows have also been getting cancelled recently, and members have been quitting to go to Korea instead. Hmmmmm.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
48G Senbatsu Sousenkyo cancelled this year, I thought this was one of their big cash cows?
Long running TV and radio shows have also been getting cancelled recently, and members have been quitting to go to Korea instead. Hmmmmm.
AFAIK only one member really quit to go to Korea? The IZ*ONE members are still part of the 48 family (and the group is an Akimoto co-production).

Tbh, it maybe better to focus on Sakamichi groups (Shinuchi from Nogizaka getting the radio timeslot AKB had is a start, and NHK's AKB48 SHOW might become a Sakamichi only thing they're testing the water with Sakamichi TV), that's where the money is at.
I was baffled to see the creation of STU48 recently when everybody just talks about Nogizaka and Keyakizaka.

Last edited:

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
Spotify just introduced me to something called deadbundy (probably because I was listening to Three1989 last week and it's pretty much my jam.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Cool to learn that go!go!vanillas will release a new album in may. The bassist got ran over by a car a few days after recording it. He's fine now, but that was pretty scary.
Their latest single was great

--

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Pretty cool song. MV is great too, the running scenes especially.

--
The details about Sakamichi TV (only a one-shot, but I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a regular show) :
Nogizaka's 7th Birthday Live report
Hinatazaka's debut live report
Full performance of Keyakizaka's Kuroi Hitsuji
Full performance of Hinatazaka's Kyun
Captains' discussion
Kobayashi/Hori/Kyonko cooking corner
Various comments

ScottNak

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty cool song. MV is great too, the running scenes especially.
Apparently it was a potential lead single!

The details about Sakamichi TV (only a one-shot, but I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a regular show) :
Nogizaka's 7th Birthday Live report
Hinatazaka's debut live report
Full performance of Keyakizaka's Kuroi Hitsuji
Full performance of Hinatazaka's Kyun
Captains' discussion
Kobayashi/Hori/Kyonko cooking corner
Various comments

Wew! Kyonko cooking. That should be hilarious. Lol.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
New BUMP OF CHICKEN album on July 10th, finally. Gorgeous video for their new song (theme song of the Japanese remake of The Good Wife)

Apparently it was a potential lead single!
Wew! Kyonko cooking. That should be hilarious. Lol.
I'm pretty excited to see more and more Sakamichi collab shows/events going forward, I guess the general audition and the Zombi stage play were signs of things to come.
At this point I fully expect Sakamichi AKB songs to be replaced with Sakamichi only.

Last edited:

stump sock

Oct 25, 2017

good song, but more importantly, someone with better japanese than me needs to explain what this is lol. It seems like a business pitch for AKB48/Nogizaka to hire Sawa and the arranger.

it's a bakuga song. at this point I'm just here for the videos

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Have no idea what to expect from their upcoming album but I'm sure they'll blow my mind once again

New KEYTALK single in may. The big news is that they're leaving Victor for Universal Music. Wonder how this is going to affect them.

Universal got a pretty stacked band roster now : [Alexandros], CreepHyp, back number, Polkadot Stingray, My Hair is Bad, Yabai T-Shirts ya san, Shishamo, Mrs Green Apple, Monoeyes, the Hiatus, SiM, Radwimps, SHE'S, Cider Girl, Six Lounge, Haruka Mirai, 10-Feet, Bigmama...

Last edited:

Slowdive

Oct 25, 2017
Rumour is Shiina Ringo will finally release a new album in May. The same source was correct about her last few releases.

CM featuring a new Sakanaction song.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

That intro is fire. Like the song.

Anxiously waiting for that band-maid tour announcement. Also thinking of hitting up The Gazette's tour but who knows.