• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

stump sock

Oct 25, 2017

uhhhhh this actually rules?

nIyT189.gif

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Even though I've been seeing the CICADA "last live" announcements on Twitter for a while, only now I actually paid attention and learned they are disbanding :(
And their EP last year was pretty good, such a shame.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
So that Haru Nemuri LP I posted about earlier? I didn't realize it was a limited run of 500. I don't follow her on Twitter and so missed that part. They're long sold out now, of course, and probably WON'T be making an appearance on the Specific Bandcamp. Wonder why they had to get a European label to press vinyl for a seemingly domestic release? EDIT March 22: Just checked again and it's magically back on sale? idk anymore, maybe I'm just bad at understanding how HMV Japan works.

Even though I've been seeing the CICADA "last live" announcements on Twitter for a while, only now I actually paid attention and learned they are disbanding :(
And their EP last year was pretty good, such a shame.

Oh, that's too bad, I just learned about them recently. I thought they put out a new song not that long ago, and was waiting to see if another album would materialize.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nsilvias

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
Wtf. No :((( nsilvias what do I do now??
IDK :( . this guy i know who used to talk to them says that they disbanded because sosuke has a kid now and they are all busy with other bands their part of.
if you want something similar check out aco, her trip hop stuff specifically. akiko sounds similar to her.
cicada released a bunch of stuff on cd only if you want more stuff to dig thru. pm me if you want it

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
CRCK/LCKS is the shit so I'm ok with that
I loved A Crow is White as well, shame they disbanded too (hope it doesn't happen with CRCK/LCKS >.>)
Also drummer supports showmore and SHE IS SUMMER as well, so it's pretty nice.

I hope Akiko start something new tho, I love her voice.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
New Soft Bank commercial with a Sakanaction song from their new album, sounds great. Also, no wonder it took them so fucking long, Yamaguchi said he wrote 150 different lyrics for this song.

--
UNISON SQUARE GARDEN are getting a tribute album in July for their 15th anniversary. Nice line-up : SKY-HI, Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra, CreepHyp, a flood of circle, BIGMAMA, Passepied...

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Itou Karin leaving Nogizaka46 once they're done with the album promotion. Never got into the senbatsu but she was a pretty well-liked member by everyone. She'll be missed :(

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Got the new tricot EP in, and geeeeeeeeeeeez

The middle eight gives me vibes I haven't felt since THE.

Slowdive

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Mariko Goto is quitting music again. She's had a falling out with Haru Nemuri's manager (and maybe Haru too) after their recent tour. He's ignoring her and she owes him money for plane tickets. They were supposed to play a gig next month but Mariko's not playing now. She said something about quitting music. She's ranting on twitter and calling people out. This is awfully similar to what happened last time.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
These guys are a pretty sick hip hop unit. New album released this week. They'll also be a doing a remix for Ame no Parade's new single.

--

Last edited:

stump sock

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Mariko Goto is quitting music again. She's had a falling out with Haru Nemuri's manager (and maybe Haru too) after their recent tour. He's ignoring her and she owes him money for plane tickets. They were supposed to play a gig next month but Mariko's not playing now. She said something about quitting music. She's ranting on twitter and calling people out. This is awfully similar to what happened last time.
on the other hand since the rant she's retweeted about upcoming shows.

I've given up trying to figure out what goes on in her head

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017

Shing02 performing "Luv(sic) pt3" in Chicago on thursday. Super cool rendition with a whole backing band. It was a Nujabes tribute concert that featured the whole Luv(sic) hexology.

EDIT: pure link for anyone that wants it instead of just embedded - https://streamable.com/e2bds

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
The set for the performance of Kuroi Hitsuji from today's Sakamichi Telebi was insane. Great camerawork and all. The second chorus where they throw the flowers and all, so good.

Part 2 and Part 3

Great show overall, hope it becomes a regular thing, like once a month. Seeing the moment where Hiragana Keyaki turns into Hinatazaka during their debut live brought a tear to my eye. Also, Kyun is really growing on me, I love the dance.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Godlike artwork for Ajikan's upcoming single. Will be used as the new theme song for Dororo.

-
This is freaking great. Listened to his major debut album on my way home today, I'm in love. What a great voice, it's been a while since we got a solo male singer like this.

Last edited:

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
Recently got into the band Envy. So silly how I missed them as this is something I had been searching for for a long time. With my enjoyment of the band Thursday you'd think I would have already bumped into them since the bands did a split album a decade ago. Well here is their latest effort from 2018.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Featuring Enon. They've also recently released a new song of their band ichikoro.

Polkadot Stingray's Shizuku is now in love with Hinatazaka46's Kakizaki

Last edited:

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
Recently got into the band Envy. So silly how I missed them as this is something I had been searching for for a long time. With my enjoyment of the band Thursday you'd think I would have already bumped into them since the bands did a split album a decade ago. Well here is their latest effort from 2018.

Sup fellow Envy fan! I grew up listening to Thursday in high school so my travels brought me to Envy. I got to see and meet them for the first time in 2015, after listening to them for about 15 years, when they toured with LA Dispute and it was amazing.

Need to buy some Nike now

I'm not even kidding, if they create a Kid Fres 270 collab I will buy the hell out of it.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Who's going to see Perfume? I'm seeing them in Chicago next Friday. So grateful we can see them in a smaller venue rather than in a big arena where they look like ants from your seat.

neLUP5Z.png

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Who's going to see Perfume? I'm seeing them in Chicago next Friday. So grateful we can see them in a smaller venue rather than in a big arena where they look like ants from your seat.

neLUP5Z.png

Tuesday in Toronto. Really don't know what to expect, never been to the venue and it's quite a bit larger than the shows I normally see. I already feel like I'll be watching ants.