• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ScottNak

Oct 27, 2017
Looking at Shida's blog, she says she thought about graduation pretty early this year, and her break was also to give her some time to seriously think about it.
I kinda saw it coming to be honest but I wanted to believe.
Oh well, I wish her the best, she's one the reasons why I got into Keyakizaka.
Yup... I think most people down deep knew that this was the most likely route for Manaka... :'(
Was hoping otherwise too as well....

I will definitely miss her awesome reactions on Keyakake.
aa...

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
Wtf?!
So this Etsuko Yakushimaru single is the ending song for an anime called High Score Girl.

On top of that my favorite composer Yoko Shimomura does the ost!

Now I know which anime I'm gonna watch next. Holy moly.

Slowdive

Oct 25, 2017
Edit 2 which I would have posted separately: any of you J Music news busy bees know of any upcoming Etsuko Yakushimaru project? I noticed she dropped a single in August (seems like plenty of J Music artists I listen to arrived in the summer or shortly afterward).

She released a new single today, a Ryuichi Sakamoto cover, plus Soutaiseiriron released a new single last month.

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
Whaaaaa! It's like all the stars aligned for me today. I love Ryuichi Sakamoto.
I never listened to her actual band that she fronts though.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Who even is Daoko anymore? "Washed-up Kyary knockoff" was not the direction I was expecting her to go in. I feel like I dimly remember a time when she was actually somewhat unique as an artist.

stump sock

Oct 25, 2017
she's got that cygames money now, I'm not sure she even cares. it's actually almost impressive how hard and fast she sold out.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Dr-yCJnUwAEVUhc.jpg

https://lightintheattic.net/release...ambient-environmental-new-age-music-1980-1990

Maika_Fan

Oct 28, 2017
Just about to start my 3ht train journey to London for the Band Maid gig. Jeez this week went slowly, buzzing now though!!!!

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
new daoko

didn't like it immediately but found myself whistling it to myself about 10 min after so i guess it's in my head now

Maika_Fan

Oct 28, 2017
Band-Maid were incredible tonight in London! I can't wait to go see them again. Easily my favourite band.

Even Kanamis guitar being low in the mix didn't detract from a fantastic performance, and all the ladies taking turns on the drums was great.

I was about 2 feet away from Misa, man she can play. Also got Akane to smile at me!

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
new daoko

didn't like it immediately but found myself whistling it to myself about 10 min after so i guess it's in my head now
Same. Should end up as one of my favorite songs on her new album (which got a bit delayed, that's a bummer).
I really like how the chorus section is divided into a more instrumental one representing Nakada, before switching to Daoko's vocals.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Ended up ordering 4 more albums after the Band-Maid buzz last night. Already owned one digitally but I do like to have the cds in my collection.

Band-Maid - Maid In Japan
Band-Maid - New Beginning
Gacharic Spin - Music Battler
Unlucky Morpheus - Change of Generation

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
I need that blu-ray collection. Hurry up Avex!

Also, had no idea Glim Spanky has a new album releasing this week! A nice surprise, I have not been keeping up with releases.

What MVs are you looking for? BALLADA has some of her old stuff:
  1. SWEET 19 BLUES
  2. CAN YOU CELEBRATE?
  3. Dreaming I was dreaming
  4. NEVER END
  5. HimAWArI
  6. think of me
  7. I WILL
  8. Wishing On The Same Star
  9. Four Seasons
  10. ALL FOR YOU
  11. White Light
  12. The Meaning Of Us
  13. Love Story
  14. Let Me Let You Go
  15. TSUKI
  16. SWEET 19 BLUES (New version)
  17. CAN YOU CELEBRATE? (New version)
Uncontrolled, FEEL, _genic, and Finally had Blu-rays so those PVs are super easy to find.

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
What MVs are you looking for? BALLADA has some of her old stuff:
  1. SWEET 19 BLUES
  2. CAN YOU CELEBRATE?
  3. Dreaming I was dreaming
  4. NEVER END
  5. HimAWArI
  6. think of me
  7. I WILL
  8. Wishing On The Same Star
  9. Four Seasons
  10. ALL FOR YOU
  11. White Light
  12. The Meaning Of Us
  13. Love Story
  14. Let Me Let You Go
  15. TSUKI
  16. SWEET 19 BLUES (New version)
  17. CAN YOU CELEBRATE? (New version)
Uncontrolled, FEEL, _genic, and Finally had Blu-rays so those PVs are super easy to find.

Mostly her older stuff and her upbeat videos. Would love to have them on blu-ray too so I can easily watch them in my player.
Definitely want her PAST<FUTURE PV's and the album tracks from Best Fiction.
It would be awesome to get the ones from STYLE and Hip-Pop days too.
Neonlight Lipstick and Ballerina are only available on DVD from the single, so it would be nice to have the PV's that are included only on singles.
I am surprised no blu-ray/DVD was included with Finally.
Also +Speed Star, I don't think that was every released officially on disc?

Oct 26, 2017
My CDJapan shipment arrived. Kiyoe Yoshioka's first album, Ikimono's last single, Sarah Alainn's "Timeless" and concert blurays for Ikimono-gakari and Leo Ieiri.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
(ScottNak and any Sakamichi nerd)
Nogizaka's 4th Gen members spotted today during a shooting, so I guess we'll be getting some infos about new members before the end of the year for all groups.
Kawago also announced today that she's graduating from Nogizaka, wonder if she's the last one of the year.
Anyways, 12 new members for Nogizaka out of the 38 who passed the auditions. Guessing Kanji Keyaki gets most of them.

ScottNak

Oct 27, 2017
(ScottNak and any Sakamichi nerd)
Nogizaka's 4th Gen members spotted today during a shooting, so I guess we'll be getting some infos about new members before the end of the year for all groups.
Kawago also announced today that she's graduating from Nogizaka, wonder if she's the last one of the year.
Anyways, 12 new members for Nogizaka out of the 38 who passed the auditions. Guessing Kanji Keyaki gets most of them.

Only 12 huh... Wonder if they'll just flat out double Kanji's numbers...
Something like 12 / 18 / 8 ? Hmmm....

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Only 12 huh... Wonder if they'll just flat out double Kanji's numbers...
Something like 12 / 18 / 8 ? Hmmm....
Huh, when you put it this way... lol
I guess I'm used to Nogizaka having a big roster of like 45ish members, but it's hard to picture Kanji Keyaki with 36 members haha.
I'm still pretty excited to see what kind of group they become.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just found out One OK Rock is coming close by next year. Might attend. I recently got into them, and the area they're playing is very beautiful.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Just found out One OK Rock is coming close by next year. Might attend. I recently got into them, and the area they're playing is very beautiful.
You should, their shows are always a blast. I'm seeing them in 3 weeks in Paris. Same venue where they first came 5 years ago. Also it's the one that had that horrible terrorist attack in 2015. First time I'm going back since that, so it's going to be a bit special to me.

stump sock

Oct 25, 2017
zombies or not, it's a really nice video. I was wondering why they just put out a video for a song that came out a year ago.

Oct 26, 2017
The Ikimono-gakari concert was only average unfortunately. The mic sound was all messed up, probably because it was raining like crazy. Lots of good songs though.

I'm only halfway through the Leo Ieiri show though and it's fantastic. I don't like all her songs but so far it's mostly been the great ones.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a good size Japanese Hip Hop following in here? I've gotten pretty deep into that over the last 12-14 months or so. New AKLO single dropped last week, second one in the last few weeks.

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Ordered Fuki Commune - Welcome last night. Got to say I've been really impressed with Amazon Japan since I started using them. No messing around with customs and it always seems a much smoother experience than when I used Amazon UK.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Ordered Fuki Commune - Welcome last night. Got to say I've been really impressed with Amazon Japan since I started using them. No messing around with customs and it always seems a much smoother experience than when I used Amazon UK.
In this day and age Amazon Japan is the only thing I need for my J-Music related needs.

Also, people need to stop using CDJapan for instance, it's waaaay more expensive.
For instance, I recently bought Keyakizaka46's live BR from Amazon Japan. Payed 56 euros in total (product + shipping and handling + import fees deposit), and got it 2 days (!) after its release.
Looking at the price on CDJapan, the BR costs 50 euros, and I would have to add between 20 or 30 euros in shipping to get it that quickly (and I may have some additional customs fees to pay when it finally gets here)

-

Last edited: