• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Larsa

Oct 25, 2017

of course they made a music video and song all about ryo getting fit, that's also a sequel to a song from 7 years ago.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
I'm in a Sunny Day Service/Sokabe Keiichi mood lately, mainly because they've added all the band/his discography on Apple Music last week.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
I've been listening to more and more hip hop this year yeah. Current favorites.

This is absolute fire and I love everything about it. Whole album is fantastic.

New NORIKIYO dropped yesterday and I enjoyed it.

In this day and age Amazon Japan is the only thing I need for my J-Music related needs.

Also, people need to stop using CDJapan for instance, it's waaaay more expensive.
For instance, I recently bought Keyakizaka46's live BR from Amazon Japan. Payed 56 euros in total (product + shipping and handling + import fees deposit), and got it 2 days (!) after its release.
Looking at the price on CDJapan, the BR costs 50 euros, and I would have to add between 20 or 30 euros in shipping to get it that quickly (and I may have some additional customs fees to pay when it finally gets here)

Seconding this. I'm buying all my Japanese vinyl that's actually in print off Amazon Japan, even the stuff I can get on Amazon US. With the conversion rate I'm usually saving at a minimum $5 USD and up to $20. It's really the shipping that does it. DHL International gives me tracking, the ability to release my packages, and solid packaging for an 8th the price of EMS.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France

-
New superband coming soon, THE KEBABS (great name).
Members are Tabuchi (bassist from UNISON SQUARE GARDEN), Sasaki (vocals and guitar from A flood of circle), Arai (former guitarist from serial TV drama) and Suzuki (former ART-SCHOOL drummer). Guess the Tabuchi/A Flood of circle recent collabs weren't for nothing.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017

New mini album on January 23rd, aw yiss.

Cö shu nie is also doing the ED for the Promised Neverland anime. Surprised at how quick they've been getting stuff.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France

ScottNak

Oct 27, 2017
yo ScottNak we finally have some official infos for the new Sakamichi members.
39 members total
-11 Nogizaka 4th Gen
-9 Kanji Keyaki 2nd Gen
-1 Hiragana Keyaki 3rd Gen
-The remaining 18 members don't have a group yet and will stay as kenkyusei for a while, taking lessons.
-Nogizaka will reveal some members starting tomorrow (no idea about the other groups)
http://www.nogizaka46.com/smph/news...&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=officialnews
Just saw the news right now!

Getting some official reveals starting Dec 3, 3 at a time for each Kanji members... and one last day for the sole hiragana member...
Interesting that they only went with 1 new member for hiragana. On one hand it's nice it wont change the dynamics too much, on the other hand... only having 1... then why...

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Just saw the news right now!

Getting some official reveals starting Dec 3, 3 at a time for each Kanji members... and one last day for the sole hiragana member...
Interesting that they only went with 1 new member for hiragana. On one hand it's nice it wont change the dynamics too much, on the other hand... only having 1... then why...
Yeah the Hiragana thing is weird lol, might as well wait for the other members to be ready. Oh well.
I'm guessing the 18 remaining members are split between Kanji and Hiragana (maybe 1 or 2 for Nogizaka)

ScottNak

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the Hiragana thing is weird lol, might as well wait for the other members to be ready. Oh well.
I'm guessing the 18 remaining members are split between Kanji and Hiragana (maybe 1 or 2 for Nogizaka)
Or just steal Katakana Keyaki from Tsucchi and Nijihiko. I'd totally be up for that. Make things even more confusing. :D

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
Glad you enjoyed it, it's easily in my top 20 of the year.
WILYWNKA should be one of the new big names, same for 唾奇 (Tsubaki) who appeared on his album.
Both were also featured on YMG's latest album for a pretty cool song.

Hot damn what a track.

This one is somehow both a trap banger and a chill beat at the same time, an impressive feat to say the least.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
This probably doesnt count but i cant fijnd the pop thread and shes half japanese iirc
zsbnjt

We stan a QUEEN

Waig the gif jsnt working

Last edited:

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
New Chanmina dropped but more importantly new JP the Wavy is dropping at........some point. He dropped a 20 second teaser on Instagram.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Finally got the Keyakizaka46 photobook and it's a 300 pages beast. Pretty high quality paper too, good stuff.
I'm, huh... surprised by the nature of a lot of pictures tbh lol, I expected something more tame given the previews
Anyway, a good way to end the 21 members era. Ready for a new adventure!
-

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
My boys

-
Keyakizaka46 performed today Ambivalent with 3 new members, but I guess what people mostly talked about is Hirate barely dancing during the whole thing.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France

Their debut album is the good shit as expected. They're going to blow up next year.

SekaOwa on the other hand, when the fuck are you guys dropping a new album.

Gibson

Oct 29, 2017
Just heading home from seeing Utada live in the Saitama Super Arena! She was so good! Her voice is amazing 😊

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
The new Hiragana Keyakizaka song is pretty great. Matsuda, Kanemura, Tomita not being front members tho, smh. At least Bemiho is.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Kurita please report on new ajikan album
I find it more enjoyable than the previous album Wonder Future (which might be my least favorite Ajikan album tbh) overall, but I still need more time with it.
Also the "bonus" EP that comes with it, Can't Sleep, really shouldn't be its separate thing, because most of the songs on it are better than some album tracks (especially the song written by Horie Atsushi from Straightener).
Still, it's a good release.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Youtube Algorithm has discovered me Drop's and I'm in love

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018

Wow, 30 million views already.

The original is still my favorite song of this year but the cover is beautiful as well.

Larsa

Oct 25, 2017

the first THERE THERE THERES album is out and it rules. Finally a follow-up to BEYOND after almost three years.