• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of prayers being answered, remember when Sakanaction was supposed to release a new album in spring? Good times... ಥ ೧ ಥ

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Speaking of prayers being answered, remember when Sakanaction was supposed to release a new album in spring? Good times... ಥ ೧ ಥ
Yamaguchi talked about it during a show last week actually lol
First he said he wasn't sure it'd be ready before their next tour (starts in march/april IIRC?).
He then asked the audience : "Who doesn't mind going to the tour without listening to the album?"
A few people raised their hands.
"Ok, who wants to listen to the album before going to the tour?"
90% of the crowd raised their hand.
"Oh, half and half"

Fuckin' a

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn hahahaha.
Don't know what's taking them so long. Unless they won't use their singles/B-Sides they already had like half an album ready.
Well at least it's one thing more to look forward to in 2019.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Goddamn hahahaha.
Don't know what's taking them so long. Unless they won't use their singles/B-Sides they already had like half an album ready.
Well at least it's one thing more to look forward to in 2019.
For what it's worth they had an Instagram story showing them recording today, so at least we know they're working on it.

-

Might be my favorite song by the band tbh. Also, the MV stars Arino (if you watch Game Center CX) so that's great.

Last edited:

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Who was asking about good Japanese hip-hop from this year? Check out Kid Fresino's newest album: ai qing. Attention is a really great track.
Edit: Speaking of which, I just plugged in a new set of speakers and am listening to this album right now. Sounds great. Mmm. That bass.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Hype rising

2018 is ending in a good way with this album, as well as new Radwimps, androp, Daoko, BokuRiri, Hoshino Gen, Kana-Boon, Dalljub Step Club, Awesome City Club...

Last edited:

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Since Wonk is in self-imposed exile, who is gonna give our thread a banner? Any banner ideas?

My vote is the Tower Records "No Music No Life" sign, because anything involving actual Japanese artists in the banner will lead to an inevitable March Madness-style bracket that can only result in bloodshed.

(but probably not actually because that sign is kinda ugly tbh)

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
This new Radwimps album y'all, it's got everything.
Major debut era Radwimps + 2009-2011 Radwimps + 2012-2016 Radwimps + whole new ideas, and these stellar collabs with Taka from One Ok Rock and Aimyon. Incredibly gratifying for long term fans, and a fantastic way to get into the band for newcomers.
aIRtGJI.png
aIRtGJI.png
aIRtGJI.png

Edit : they just released the MV for the Aimyon collab, god bless

Last edited:

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Just ordered my tickets for the Metal Matsuri Metal Festival that I mentioned earlier in the thread. Unlucky Morpheus and Mary's Blood confirmed. Can't wait to see who the other 8 bands are!

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Loving the new Hoshino Gen, that MV is my shit. I'm also glad that STUTS is now part of the Hoshino Gen entourage, hope this means we'll get more tracks with him.

Here's the special Akimoto collab from today's FNS : 6 members from AKB, Nogizaka, Keyakizaka and IZ*ONE (the K-Pop group that has 3 AKB members)

Last edited:

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017

This song dropped on Sky-Hi's Free Tokyo mixtape a few months ago but the video dropped Thursday. This mix tape is up there with Eutopia by STUTS and SACULA by WILYWNKA as the three best albums I've listened to this year regardless of genre.

Then this, which is also fantastic.

Last edited:

Incandenza

Oct 25, 2017
Just bought tickets for the Perfume world tour and I'm hype. Been wanting to see them for a few years. Them, Gesu no Kiwami Otome, and Tricot are the Japanese bands I fuck with the most.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France

This song dropped on Sky-Hi's Free Tokyo mixtape a few months ago but the video dropped Thursday. This mix tape is up there with Eutopia by STUTS and SACULA by WILYWNKA as the three best albums I've listened to this year regardless of genre.

Then this, which is also fantastic.

His full album JAPRISON is pretty great

-

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
My wife was concerned it would be less rap and more pop before it launched but it blew us both away. It's been a really good year for Japanese hip hop in general.
Well, given his pop background with AAA he doesn't focus only on rap/hip hop, which I think is nice. He's pretty versatile so he might as well show everything he can do.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
Well, given his pop background with AAA he doesn't focus only on rap/hip hop, which I think is nice.

I agree and his pop stuff is general excellent. With that said, and I don't know if this qualifies as a hot take or anything, I find his rapping to be significantly better than his singing. His hip hop is also way more inventive so the more of it he does, at least to me, the better.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
I agree and his pop stuff is general excellent. With that said, and I don't know if this qualifies as a hot take or anything, I find his rapping to be significantly better than his singing. His hip hop is also way more inventive so the more of it he does, at least to me, the better.
That's fair, there might be a reason why he only does the rap parts in the AAA songs most of the time lol, I don't think he even get some chorus.
(I still enjoy his singing tbh, but compared to the other AAA members he's objectively the "worst")

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
So other than Amazon Japan and CDJapan where do you guys import your music from? I'm trying to track down some of Light Bringer's earlier albums and trying to find some cheaper prices.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
New Aimyon album on February 13th! She'll also do an acoustic show at the Budokan the following week.
All of her 2018 singles have been excellent.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Hey, I'm looking for something that was posted on Era at some point maybe you peeps can help me?

A Japanese band, 2 guys / 2 girls. IIRC 1 girl was on guitar, 1 on drums and the dudes on guitar/bass.
Was pretty groovy.

Clip was the two girls with a black backdrop and the two guys with a white backdrop.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Hey, I'm looking for something that was posted on Era at some point maybe you peeps can help me?

A Japanese band, 2 guys / 2 girls. IIRC 1 girl was on guitar, 1 on drums and the dudes on guitar/bass.
Was pretty groovy.

Clip was the two girls with a black backdrop and the two guys with a white backdrop.
Can only think of Gesu no Kiwami Otome

platypo

Jan 9, 2018
Here's the special Akimoto collab from today's FNS : 6 members from AKB, Nogizaka, Keyakizaka and IZ*ONE (the K-Pop group that has 3 AKB members)

Wow haven't been following Keyakizaka46 for some months but this confirms that KanjiKeyaki is a god-tier idol group. All the members look so cool, they really stand out compared to the other groups' members with generic idol clothing and faces. And that Ambivalent costume is amazing, something an indie group like MBG would wear.

Also Neru and Risa have such strong, natural auras damn these girls have ascended.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Wow haven't been following Keyakizaka46 for some months but this confirms that KanjiKeyaki is a god-tier idol group. All the members look so cool, they really stand out compared to the other groups' members with generic idol clothing and faces. And that Ambivalent costume is amazing, something an indie group like MBG would wear.

Also Neru and Risa have such strong, natural auras damn these girls have ascended.
They're the reason why I got into idols in the first place tbh, now I'm all about Keyaki and Nogizaka.
I can't wait to see what the new members bring to kanji Keyaki.

stump sock

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped trying to figure out why 3776 do anything the way they do years ago. how many times now have there been auditions or announcements of new seasons and nothing happens except Chiyono doing everything