• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slowdive

Oct 25, 2017
Nel has left BiS.

New Sakanaction album will be out this year but they said the same thing last year so we'll see.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Great way to start the new year with some announcements : new Hitorie album on February 27, and new Sumika album on March 13. Excited to listen to both. Sumika's latest single might be my fav song by the band.

-
Keyakizaka's Glass wo Ware at Kouhaku was great. Yuipon looked like a boss as the center during the whole thing.

ScottNak

Oct 27, 2017
Great way to start the new year with some announcements : new Hitorie album on February 27, and new Sumika album on March 13. Excited to listen to both. Sumika's latest single might be my fav song by the band.

-
Keyakizaka's Glass wo Ware at Kouhaku was great. Yuipon looked like a boss as the center during the whole thing.
Yuipon looked amazing. Wonder if she actually did shout "HIRATE" or not when she was in the middle of the of the circle.
Risa taking the lead for the CDTV appearance was great as well!
Quite enjoying the rotation system. Getting to see slightly different versions of the song each time...

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Yuipon looked amazing. Wonder if she actually did shout "HIRATE" or not when she was in the middle of the of the circle.
Risa taking the lead for the CDTV appearance was great as well!
Quite enjoying the rotation system. Getting to see slightly different versions of the song each time...
Couldn't really hear what she was yelling tbh, but it was still great. I like that the backdancers were here too.

Risa's performance was cool too, I think everyone's stock went up thanks to the rotation. Who knows what they're going to do for the 8th single. Hirate is my favorite member but I'm sure it'd be beneficial to everyone to shake things up.

ScottNak

Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't really hear what she was yelling tbh, but it was still great. I like that the backdancers were here too.

Risa's performance was cool too, I think everyone's stock went up thanks to the rotation. Who knows what they're going to do for the 8th single. Hirate is my favorite member but I'm sure it'd be beneficial to everyone to shake things up.
And apparently Koike took on different positions on each of the previous performances with different centers... that can't be easy... whoo.

nomemorial

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of really great releases out of Japan in 2018 - too many for me to listen to/rank, so I'll probably spend the next month catching up.

I'd say Haru Nemuri's record is probably in my top 3 albums of the year, maybe new MASS OF THE FERMENTING DREGS, too.

I also really liked all of DIMLIM and Kizu's output this year for some visual kei/metal flavor -- they just feel a cut above the rest when it comes to stuff coming outta that scene.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Bump of Chicken are doing the theme song for the Japanese remake of The Good Wife, which means they now have 9 new songs since their last album. If we don't finally get a new one in 2019 I'll be veeeeery pissed.
Looking at you too, Sakanaction.

Their latest song for the Lotte short animated movie was also great.

Last edited:

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
My friend just asked me about my favorite 2018 albums, so I may as well post them here. No order.

神聖かまってちゃん - ツン×デレ
春ねむり - 春と修羅
揺らぎ - Still Dreaming, Still Deafening
宇多田ヒカル - 初恋
れをる -事実上
world's end girlfriend - MEGURI
Vampillia - Happiness Brought by Endless Sorrow
Maison book girl - yume
indigo la End - Pulsate
EMPiRE - THE EMPiRE STRiKES START!!
青葉市子 - qp
Kid Fresino - ai qing

Slowdive

Oct 25, 2017
THERE THERE THERES have disbanded.

All members will leave HAMIDASYSTEM, they will audition for new members soon.

ScottNak

Oct 27, 2017
Kyonko got a radio gig now...
Yuipon is getting a photo album too now...
Imaizumi is doing her first ShowRoom since graduating...

Lots of Keyaki news lately... wew.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017

Anyone else listening to the new Spangle call Lilli line? Giving my first listen, and it's good so far.

Yeah, I'm loving it. Need to give it a couple more listens to really soak it in, but I`m really enjoying red, so as not to and sai (aside from the last 3 that I already knew I liked due to the MVs)

stump sock

Oct 25, 2017
is this why they made an Orchestra clone? is GP going to be bad now?

is 2019 the year of me giving up on caring about Wack groups? it's been a "good" 8 years I guess

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
is this why they made an Orchestra clone? is GP going to be bad now?

is 2019 the year of me giving up on caring about Wack groups? it's been a "good" 8 years I guess

I was listening to the Idol Is Dead LP while in the launderette earlier, still sounds fuckin great where did it all go wrong grumble grumble old man yells at Kenta

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
One of the bands to follow in 2019

New WANIMA single out in march, hyped to finally get new material. I actually can't believe it's already been a year since their previous album.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Sasshi responds to management's ugly handling of recent events

I find the crime prevention alarm scary, I'm shaking, I don't even think you can take it out ... I don't want to think that management made her apologize for this big affair until now, but assuming she herself arrived at this point and felt that she had to apologize condemning herself, makes me worry. I have a problem with it if there was no staff who could tell her that she doesn't have to apologize for it! I hope that she can somehow restore her feelings quickly again. The same thing mustn't happen again.

I think all I can say is to continue to support the members, because it feels right, but the side of the management can't be like this. There is now way that one could just continue to support them in the current state and though I want to think that there are no staff members who think like that, as it is, it feels ridiculous to just say "Let's continue to support them!

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
New jams from King Gnu!

Got the physical copy preordered.
I'm surprised they went with this (great) song as the lead track for their major debut, since it's a fairly old unreleased tune (pretty sure it was when they were still called Srv Vinci).
No doubt they'll be the breakout act of 2019, they've already got a drama theme song for a show that starts next week.

EDIT : yeah, Slumberland is a reworked version of Srv Vinci's PPL (so not unreleased)

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Got the physical copy preordered.
I'm surprised they went with this (great) song as the lead track for their major debut, since it's a fairly old unreleased tune (pretty sure it was when they were still called Srv Vinci).
No doubt they'll be the breakout act of 2019, they've already got a drama theme song for a show that starts next week.

EDIT : yeah, Slumberland is a reworked version of Srv Vinci's PPL (so not unreleased)
King Gnu is 2019's Kenshi Yonezu?

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
just found out about miyachi, pretty dope
any suggestions for other japanese rappers of similar style?
i'm not a fan of trap or mumble shit

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Aiii ScottNak
!!!!!!!!!!!
Dw10h0LUcAAsMN5

Looking at the products info, there's 36 members cards to collect. Kanji 1st gen + Hiragana 1st and 2nd gen = 36 members so we can assume that it's another shared single, and that the new members won't be featured

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
According to Sugai-sama it's a relatively sad song. I'm expecting something melancholic like Futari Saison. Gonna be a nice change after 3 upbeat singles.

-