• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Kind of a bummer to hear no new members yet. They also need to get on Keyakake / Hiragana Oshi stat.!!
Well you never know, I'm just making assumptions based on a relatively minor detail.
As for their variety appearances, the upcoming NogiChuu focuses on Nogizaka 4th gen members, so I guess we'll get the new Keyaki members soon too.

ScottNak

Oct 27, 2017
Well you never know, I'm just making assumptions based on a relatively minor detail.
As for their variety appearances, the upcoming NogiChuu focuses on Nogizaka 4th gen members, so I guess we'll get the new Keyaki members soon too.
Numbers make sense though :P That or we're gonna get some crazy senbatsu drama.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite rap album of 2018 was by WILYWNKA

Kid Fresino is also a breath a fresh air in the sea of trap bullshit

just found out about miyachi, pretty dope
any suggestions for other japanese rappers of similar style?
i'm not a fan of trap or mumble shit

I've got no problem with trap if it's done right and there's a few rappers who can do it well.

Mumble I avoid like the plague.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Kid Fresino is also a breath a fresh air in the sea of trap bullshit
His newest album is good!!
just found out about miyachi, pretty dope
any suggestions for other japanese rappers of similar style?
i'm not a fan of trap or mumble shit
Most of these guys aren't as hard, but you might like 'em. Kid Fresino, JJJ, THE OTOGOBANASHI'S, EVISBEATS, febb as Young Mason, 環ROY. febb is maybe the most similar.

What ever happened to our rap guy from gaf? Anybody know his name? Last time I PMed him on gaf, he said he hadn't listened to much new, but he always had some great recommendations.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France

Phew, this is great stuff coming from the Umeda Cypher project. Only know R-指定 and peko in this line-up but everyone is killing it.

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know anything about the band Mass of the Fermenting Dregs until today, so I'm sharing a tune from their 2018 effort.

EDIT:

Damn this is cool hahaha

EDIT 2:

Oh yeah that's right. I like vocal harmonies. Stuff like The Beach Boys, RHCP during Californication/ By the Way era. No wonder some of these songs click so hard with me.

EDIT 3:
... looks like nobody really listens to them. Barely any followers on Facebook. ;_;
Not fair
Glad they at least aren't harsh about youtube uploads. Really need that exposure.

Last edited:

Neol

Oct 25, 2017
Love MOTFD.

They had a pretty good upsurge when there two first albums released but they disbanded around 2012 and was thought to be done forever with two of the original members leaving. Dig the new release however I would say its weaker than there past stuff.

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
Love MOTFD.

They had a pretty good upsurge when there two first albums released but they disbanded around 2012 and was thought to be done forever with two of the original members leaving. Dig the new release however I would say its weaker than there past stuff.
Ah cool cool. On Spotify I only see their 2018 and 2010 efforts. But yeah luckily it seems the other ones are on YouTube. I'll be diving in the next couple of weeks. Noticed they had some live dates in Canada in the fall according to songkick. Hmmm... Maybe a trip to the States sometime this year would be neat.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
I am really looking forward to frederic's new album next month! They have become one of my favorite bands last year.

frederhythm2
Looking at the release schedule for February is giving me a headache, so much good stuff

February 6
Albums : Eve, Polkadot Stingray, Sparta Locals, Nulbarich, Grapevine, SHE's, the peggies, Domico

Feb.13
Albums : ONE OK ROCK, Aimyon, Macaroni Empitsu, Panorama Panamatown
Singles : amazarashi

Feb.20
Albums : Frederic, The Floor, NakamuraEmi

Feb.27
Albums : Hitorie, Bentham, SEKAI NO OWARI
Singles : Keyakizaka46, EMPiRE, androp, UVERworld, back number

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the release schedule for February is giving me a headache, so much good stuff

February 6
Albums : Eve, Polkadot Stingray, Sparta Locals, Nulbarich, Grapevine, SHE's, the peggies, Domico

Feb.13
Albums : ONE OK ROCK, Aimyon, Macaroni Empitsu, Panorama Panamatown
Singles : amazarashi

Feb.20
Albums : Frederic, The Floor, NakamuraEmi

Feb.27
Albums : Hitorie, Bentham, SEKAI NO OWARI
Singles : Keyakizaka46, EMPiRE, androp, UVERworld, back number

Oh my gosh, yes! Going to be a great month!
Then the first week after February, we get WANIMA.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Please check out REGiNA KiSS!

They're a former idol group that reformed into an actual band. They're an alternative/rock group with touches of metal on some songs. Both vocalists are incredible and work very well together. They just released a full album a couple months back. Its on spotify and its wonderful. After going through the album a few times, they've quickly became one of my favorite groups.

SifuSeafood

Oct 27, 2017
So, I checked out Maximum the Hormone due to a mention in a manga (Kaguya-sama), holy shit! This music is amazing. I genuinely enjoy all facets of their music. They seem to transition so effortlessly!

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Received my physical copies of Haruka Mirai and King Gnu's new albums yesterday
Pretty funny that my two favorite new bands of 2017 made their major debut on the same day this week.
ExqSyJF.jpg

--
Title for the new Keyakizaka46 single revealed : Kuroi Hitsuji (Black Sheep).
Gimme that angsty Keyaki.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Radio rip of the new Keyakizaka. Chills. Ready for an epic MV. They finally made a dark song like this a single, like the perfect balance between Eccentric and Getsuyoubi no Asa, god bless.

Last edited:

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
New video for Goblin Land's O.O.O. I'm not gonna lie, I was a bit skeptical when someone recommended Kansai Sekai to me but I really like their sound.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
New video for Goblin Land's O.O.O. I'm not gonna lie, I was a bit skeptical when someone recommended Kansai Sekai to me but I really like their sound.

Not typically my kind of rap, but I appreciate you sharing some different stuff! I enjoyed listening to this one. Please keep sharing.

Edit: New Shing02. It's been quite a while.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France

Their best ballad yet. Between this and the previous single, I'm ready for an epic 4th album (guess they've got more singles before that tho)
Still blows my mind that Motoki is only 22.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
I'm listening to their album, and アリノママ is the most horribly mastered song I've heard in a long time. Peaking hard. Damn :(

I feel like that's kinda the point, but it's super weird and jarring. I'm not a fan of it. That song is actually the 2nd half of the video for Kansai Sekai.

To me, that song sounds like a really shitty Maximum the hormone song but that's just my opinion. I love the rest of it.

Since it's kinda slow right now for hip hop releases I'm going back and finding stuff I missed. No idea how I missed a collab of two of my favs in AKLO and WAVY but here we are.

If you like WILYWNKA he apparently did/is still doing a thing called Hentai Gentleman's Club and they're good.

Hazzaku

Oct 25, 2017
New Koutei Camera Girl Drei album is out on Apple Music and Spotify? I thought it was suppose to drop at the end of the month lol!

stump sock

Oct 25, 2017
the message on tapestok only mentions drei, and Gal is technically still active; that said i'm not holding out hope

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Yep. Their new album is looking to be like their last one. It's not bad, just not like their older stuff.
Ambitions is one of my favorite albums by the band tbh (and I say that as someone who's been listening to them since 2006/2007), I'm not bothered one bit with their American pop sound direction.
I know WHY people who loved Niche Syndrome/Zankyo Reference hate them now, but hey, what you gonna do.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
Ambitions is one of my favorite albums by the band tbh (and I say that as someone who's been listening to them since 2006/2007), I'm not bothered one bit with their American pop sound direction.
I know WHY people who loved Niche Syndrome/Zankyo Reference hate them now, but hey, what you gonna do.

I like Ambitions a lot. Hate how it was mixed but the album itself is good and kicks ass live. I started listening to them at 35xxxv. Mywife introduced me to them in 2015. Niche Syndrome and Jinsei×Boku= are my favorite albums by them though.

I'm excited for their upcoming tour because they always sound so damn good live.

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
What happened to Akai ko-en? I remembered they released an MV for a new song back in November with the new lead vocal, but I haven't seen a single release or anything announced so far? I really liked the song.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
lol kinda random making a MV for it now...

... or is it? It would be cool if they released a B-Side collection...