• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Haha it reminded me of that too.

Also, I just read Sakanaction delayed the album because they couldn't decide on how the lyrics were displayed in the booklet? I knew it was something to do with lyrics but I thought Ichiro was changing the lyrics to songs last minute or something.
Oh is that it? The initial wording made it sound like he was rewriting stuff lol

Last edited:

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw the Perfume Chicago show and, again, lost my damn mind. The Cosmic Explorer show was great but this was easily better.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Just got back from Perfume.

The introduction song was dope, and so was the remix medley towards the middle of the show. I forgot I was in a 4000 person venue, because their setup was spectacular. Video does not do the stage design justice.

Kudos to Rhizomatiks and MIKIKO for getting this show together even with a lackluster album

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
A radio rip of POLKADOT STINGRAY - BAKENOKAWA

Sounds like a b-side from their latest album.
Reminds me of Kana-Boon's Nandemonedari for some reason, pretty great.

-
Excited for Miyakawakun's first album. One of the coolest solo male pop artists at the moment.

--
Reading some reports about Keyakizaka46's 3rd anniversary live. Looks like it was pretty amazing.
They did a cover of Nogizaka46's Synchronicity which got me shook. My favorite Nogi song by my favorite Sakamichi group?!
Also this brought back an old story of Hirate and Akimoto : Hirate was a guest on his radio show last year, and they talked about how Hirate was mad at Akimoto because a demo she really liked was given to another group. Given the timing it might be Synchronicity haha

Last edited:

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is my humble recording of Fake It from the Chicago Perfume concert.

Link: https://streamable.com/nl9i9

hell yeah

Some fun stuff about this show for me: I traded up seats like 3 times, wound up sitting directly between a girl handing out cutouts of their pets (which I think Nocchi noticed and was confused by and the girl was devastated by this lol) and the first translator. The dude that said "Sim ejector tool" during A-chan's story was right behind us and I guess when she complimented his voice his life was made.

Sound, setlist, and effects were great, too, knowing nothing about the show going in. Really way better than I was prepared for.

Last edited:

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
hell yeah

Some fun stuff about this show for me: I traded up seats like 3 times, wound up sitting directly between a girl handing out cutouts of their pets (which I think Nocchi noticed and said she was were confused by and the girl was devastated by this lol) and the first translator. The dude that said "Sim ejector tool" during A-chan's story was right behind us and I guess when she complimented his voice his life was made.
Oh my god hahaha. That was the most short story told long I've ever seen in my life. I think the issue is that probably the audience translator was unaware what sim cards are or something. Cause it was so clear to me exactly what the issue was and it just was not connecting with the poor translator. Thank goodness for that dude that eventually saved us all lol. And the whole point of that story was that some kiosk dude called her cute and she was like "uguu me? no no I'm embarrassed." Hahaha.

And I mentioned this in the chat, but they misunderstood deep dish pizza as "beep bish" pizza lol. I was like "I don't know what "beep" and "bish" means but uh ok "yeah"." But then later in the show she (was it Nocchi?) she corrected and I was like ohhhh she meant deep dish pizza the whole time.
The banter was so funny.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Just astounded to learn that Wowaka has passed away at the age 31 after a heart failure.
Jesus christ. He will be missed.

Fuck.

Last edited:

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Video of Pefume leaving the venue in Chicago:

It's crazy how few people there were waiting for them. I went to a K-Pop concert last month at the same venue and there were easily 150 people out on the exact same sidewalk.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France

All performers and staff of this documentary MV are in "Kenja mode" (= The peaceful, powerless, calm state as if they were a philosopher after ejaculation). Since "Kenja mode" is maintained for only 1 hour (Creepy Nuts Staff survey), all shooting was completed within it.
LOL
Not a new song, but this makes it worth it (fyi the title simply means "Bitch" so you get the picture)

-

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
lol I see. I saw the short version but didn't know the long version had been out. Either way it's pretty nice. Thanks for clarifying that up.
Yeah might as well use the same footage for the real thing lol

Yorushika's 1st full album just got released and they've already announced their 2nd one, will be out this summer. It will continue the story of the 1st one.
They're moving to Universal too. (Thought they already were major actually, for some reason)

-

Last edited:

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah might as well use the same footage for the real thing lol

Yorushika's 1st full album just got released and they've already announced their 2nd one, will be out this summer. It will continue the story of the 1st one.
They're moving to Universal too. (Thought they already were major actually, for some reason)

-

This is a really good track and it's definitely clear that the disco sound is making a big comeback into the Japanese hip hop scene. It's also neat to see fashion brands getting involved in the scene, especially if it means we eventually get crossover collab shoes, rather than SIRUP and WILYWNKA just promoting the shoes.

stump sock

Oct 25, 2017
oh thank god. I saw sakurai all excited and panicked

I quite like Soda and Ameba so I'm glad they're still around.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Good news. Hope they keep going with the same style and/or it doesn't take long for HAMIDASYSTEM to get new members.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
UVERworld will hold their annual guys-only show at Tokyo Dome this year, which is pretty nuts.
The first time they did it was in 2011, and it was in a livehouse that had a capacity of 250 because 80% of their fanbase was girls back then.
pvcU1h9.jpg

Here's what it looks like (yeah, that's just a bunch of dudes and half of them usually get shirtless)

They also do the same kind of event for the ladies

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Huh, Koyabu (if you're not familiar with owarai he's also the drummer for Genie High) will be the MC for HINABINGO starting next week. Didn't expect him at all, especially since he's also co-hosting the show of Akimoto's new idol-band project that airs right after the 3 Sakamichi ones. Thought they'd go with a duo such as Chocolate Planet, Miki or Wagyu.

2qsVkhW.jpg

ScottNak

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, Koyabu (if you're not familiar with owarai he's also the drummer for Genie High) will be the MC for HINABINGO starting next week. Didn't expect him at all, especially since he's also co-hosting the show of Akimoto's new idol-band project that airs right after the 3 Sakamichi ones. Thought they'd go with a duo such as Chocolate Planet, Miki or Wagyu.

2qsVkhW.jpg
They did say it was a "masaka!" pick. Fits the bill.
I think this will be great for variety development though! I'm excited!

cpcz

Oct 28, 2017
New Donk CIty
Hello guys, I've been listening to jpop/rock lately so decided to join this community.

Quick introduction, my favs (currently) are:

- BAND-MAID
- Aimer
- Ueda Marie
- Polkadot Stingray
- Passepied
- Bradio

Recommendations are welcome, thanks~

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France

cpcz

Oct 28, 2017
New Donk CIty

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
Hello guys, I've been listening to jpop/rock lately so decided to join this community.

Quick introduction, my favs (currently) are:

- BAND-MAID
- Aimer
- Ueda Marie
- Polkadot Stingray
- Passepied
- Bradio

Recommendations are welcome, thanks~
Dope. Here are some things to test out. It's a little bit of everything, but that's what makes it fun. I'm gonna give spotify links. I presume most will have youtube presence.

Ayumi Hamasaki (this is so Pandora radio to me. Love her first record. More or less hop off the boat after that)
Mass of the Fermenting Dregs
Nujabes
Cibo Motto
Kyary Pamyu Pamyu (she's my favorite)
Yuragi
Toe
Shiina Ringo (her english spelling is always a question to mee. I've seen Sheena/ Shina/ Shiina and so on. I remember it being nearly impossible to find her on youtube when she was at her artistically strongest. That's Japan music labels for ya)
Satellite Young (I effing love this band. Eagerly await their follow up. Straight up most hyped Japanese album for me even though I have no clue when it will be dropped)
Melt-Banana
Ryuichi Sakamoto (incredibly important musician/composer. I hope to see him live once before he passes away. I only say that cause he is an older man. He's not ill or anything haha)
Etsuko Yakushimaru (what a specific level of cool this girl posseses. I'll never be as cool as her lol. Absolutely love her chill voice and pop sensibilites. Julian Casablancas of The Strokes once said he finds it much harder to write interesting pop than rock tunes. When I listen to Etsuko it makes sense. I don't know how she does it with such ease and grace. She blows my mind. Uh, ok this makes it seem like she's the greatest thing since sliced bread and I don't want to overhype her, but yeah, she's great)
Capsule (very poor Spotify presence. They have much better records than the one song I linked to is from)
Tricot
The Pillows (barely on Spotify and it kills me in this digital age. Probably the most pirated Japanese artist outside of Japan because of this? lol probably)
Flipper's Guitar

Last edited:

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
The new YukueshirezuTsurezure is wonderful. I was really concerned with their sound with Shidare leaving. I hope she does something else musically in the future.

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone got a link to the Coachella stream?

I'll even accept a fan stream from the audience.
Tried my best these last 5 minutes. They are not being officially streamed by Coachella. Saw some youtube streams claimed by "RICO ENTERTAINMENT" when using the duckduckgo search engine. Looks like a no go for the stream.

Slowdive

Oct 25, 2017