• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Kento Yamada and PERIMETRON collaborating for Tempalay's newest song

Akihiro Namba still putting out super good pop-punk/melocore at 48 is all I need in my life now

Last edited:

stump sock

Oct 25, 2017
most people will point to momoclo's more wacky songs as the weirdest thing they ever did but Roudou Sanka takes it for me

music by Ian Parton, lyrics by Kenji Ootsuki, an ode to labor... it's outright bizarre and somehow one of Parton's best songs

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Hump Back will release their first major full album on July 17, can't wait!

HumpBack_art201905_fixw_730_hq.jpg
HumpBack_jkt201905_fixw_640_hq.jpg

--

Last edited:

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
Solo Nakata work. This song sounds like it could have been from the same session as the new Kyary song. Well we know where he's at in terms of his musical headspace.

EDIT: Oh I guess this is going to be a start of a new solo girl project. Best of luck to Momo then mmm... actually I'm not sure as I googled some article that is from 2 years ago

stump sock

Oct 25, 2017
it's fine I guess? a little sad I guess that it's not even remotely different from kyary or mito. like, maybe don't take on new projects if you're not going to do new things?

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Solo Nakata work. This song sounds like it could have been from the same session as the new Kyary song. Well we know where he's at in terms of his musical headspace.

EDIT: Oh I guess this is going to be a start of a new solo girl project. Best of luck to Momo then mmm... actually I'm not sure as I googled some article that is from 2 years ago

She won an audition 2 years ago (I remember seeing the ads in Lawson back then, since they were the ones behind it) where the prize was a song written by Nakata.

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
it's fine I guess? a little sad I guess that it's not even remotely different from kyary or mito. like, maybe don't take on new projects if you're not going to do new things?
Well to be fair, he labeled the song as a solo project. Maybe you're correct that the featured artist's music will follow a similar blueprint, but this could just be a small test run or a way to get the singer's name out there before going forward with a full LP.

(Though I kinda feel you're probably more correct that it will be similar to this sound in general
confused-face_1f615.png
)

She won an audition 2 years ago (I remember seeing the ads in Lawson back then) where the prize a song written by Nakata.
hmm... so this won't become anything bigger? I thought it was going to lead to a full partnership.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Well to be fair, he labeled the song as a solo project. Maybe you're correct that the featured artist's music will follow a similar blueprint, but this could just be a small test run or a way to get the singer's name out there before going forward with a full LP.

(Though I kinda feel you're probably more correct that it will be similar to this sound in general
confused-face_1f615.png
)

hmm... so this won't become anything bigger? I thought it was going to lead to a full partnership.
Actually she was on Nakata's solo album too, so it's their 2nd song together.

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
On a side note. For those who are BAND-MAID fans.

EU and US tour info

・Sat 22/06, London, UK @ Islington Assembly Hall
・ Sun 23/06 Paris, France @ Le Trabendo
・Mon 24/06 Bochum, Germany @ Zeche
・Weds 26/06 Hamburg, Germany @ DAS LOGOS
・ Thurs 26/09 NYC Gramercy Theater, America
・ Sat 28/09 Dallas Cambridge Room, America
・ Mon 30/09 LA ECHOPLEX, America
・ Tues 01/10 LA ECHOPLEX, America

World tour information: https://bandmaid.tokyo/contents/241952

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Aaaah, the HIATUS are releasing their 6th album in july! Been waiting for 3 years.

--
Trailer for Mom's 2nd album coming out next week, aka my most anticipated release of the month

genjiZERO

Banned
Jan 27, 2019
Richmond
It's been driving me insane for a couple of days now. What is the name of that newage/ambient/avantgarde/psych electronic album from I believe the late 70s, but maybe early 80s that is likely the inspiration for the original Zelda music? It has a bunch of green creatures/nature stuff on the cover.

stump sock

Oct 25, 2017
Kondo was in a band that played a lot of Deep Purple and ELP songs according to old interviews. You can hear at least 3 zelda songs in this one song:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Got my ticket for the first week-end of Rock in Japan! Going with a friend, I'm so excited. Been waiting for this during 10 years ever since I first saw footage of that festival.
About half of the line-up is out so far, it's pretty much a Kurita Festival so no surprises :
Acts I want to see (I know I'll only be able to see like half of them given the sheer size but still lol) : ORAL CIGARETTES, OKAMOTO'S, Official Higedandism, KOTORI, Satou Chiaki, SPECIAL OTHERS, SEKAI NO OWARI, Necry Talkie, the HIATUS, THE BACK HORN, LiSA, Aimer, 9mm Parabellum Bullet, SAKANAMON, SIX LOUNGE, SUPER BEAVER, Perfume, Haruka Mirai, Hump Back , Wasureranneyo

Will be my fifth Japanese festival after Countdown Japan 16/17, Viva la Rock 2017, Crossing Carnival 2018 and Muro Festival 2018.

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
Kurita
Very cool. I'm kinda surprised that I don't see (or at least assume I don't see) any international acts. Has this festival been always a domestic acts one?

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Rock in Japan was the sweatiest day of my life. Have fun, and drink lots of water. People do pass out. It's hot as fuck.
Yeah, also hope it doesn't rain lol.

---
lyrical school are moving to Victor's sublabel Connectone, a good fit imo since they've been dropping their idol side for a while. Maybe we could get some songs by Neetz or Dos Monos :thinkingemoji

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Got my ticket for the first week-end of Rock in Japan! Going with a friend, I'm so excited. Been waiting for this during 10 years ever since I first saw footage of that festival.
About half of the line-up is out so far, it's pretty much a Kurita Festival so no surprises :

Acts I want to see (I know I'll only be able to see like half of them given the sheer size but still lol) : ORAL CIGARETTES, OKAMOTO'S, Official Higedandism, KOTORI, Satou Chiaki, SPECIAL OTHERS, SEKAI NO OWARI, Necry Talkie, the HIATUS, THE BACK HORN, LiSA, Aimer, 9mm Parabellum Bullet, SAKANAMON, SIX LOUNGE, SUPER BEAVER, Perfume, Haruka Mirai, Hump Back , Wasureranneyo

Will be my fifth Japanese festival after Countdown Japan 16/17, Viva la Rock 2017, Crossing Carnival 2018 and Muro Festival 2018.
That's a hell of a line-up.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France

--

After tricot and NOT WONK, it's betcover!!'s turn to join avex. First full album coming in july. Discovered him recently, he's only 19 but man, his stuff rocks.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
I'm all about this album by Sasagawa Mao. Another vocaloid producer turned singer-songwriter. Got some dream pop, shoegaze, guitar rock in there. Really great stuff. (some of the English names for the tracks are pretty different from the originals lol)

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
thumbs down for me. Just feels like Japanese karaoke. Never cared for the original. Seriously or ironically. I feel like I'm just drunk at a club when 80s night is going on.

Not angry or anything like that. Just doesn't do anything for me. Has me wondering if SY is going to make some covers EP or LP. Hmm...

Resetta Stone

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing, Arizona
thumbs down for me. Just feels like Japanese karaoke. Never cared for the original. Seriously or ironically. I feel like I'm just drunk at a club when 80s night is going on.

Not angry or anything like that. Just doesn't do anything for me. Has me wondering if SY is going to make some covers EP or LP. Hmm...

They need to do another collab with Mitch Murder. Sniper Rouge is a banger.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Sucks to hear : Shinsei Kamattechan's bassist is leaving the band this year. He's got a second child on the way, and being a musician isn't enough to support his family.

Larsa

Oct 25, 2017
Sucks to hear : Shinsei Kamattechan's bassist is leaving the band this year. He's got a second child on the way, and being a musician isn't enough to support his family.

super sad ;_; Chibagin has always been a pillar keeping three weirdos somewhat in check.
I always expected Misako to be the first one to leave, with her seeming so busy in Banmon and all.
They're also currently recording a full album.

somewhat related. this just relased on PURRE GOOHN out and I kept trying to remember where I recognized her from. she used to be married to mono from Kamattechan.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Just listened to パスピエ's new album and it's surprisingly good! ONE is really the only "bad" song there, and there's a nice amount of variety. Very interested to see how they go from there.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
My most anticipated album of the month is finally out. Mom's Detox is a blessing. Already talked about him in this thread, I just can't get enough. He's between a rapper and a singer-songwriter, all of his music is simply made with Garageband which gives that incredibly charming cheap feel to it. Wonderful. Easily in my top 10 current artists, and I know he's gonna be up there for a long time. Got the CD on the way too, definitely an album I want to keep a physical copy of.

Itsuki

Oct 26, 2017
Aaaah, the HIATUS are releasing their 6th album in july! Been waiting for 3 years.

--
Trailer for Mom's 2nd album coming out next week, aka my most anticipated release of the month

That reminds me how I tried to listen to The Hiatus because I'm a big fan of Ueno but the music style is not my cup of tea. Even went to a live last year, so I guess I'll try again once the new album comes out.

Can someone recommend me some japanese punk rock bands? These days I have been listening to old bands like The Stanlin, because Michiro died last month and it was a shock for me, and the Roosters.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Hope Ranze being the Under center means she'll be in the next senbatsu 👀 Didn't realize there were so few under members now with all the graduations huh

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
That reminds me how I tried to listen to The Hiatus because I'm a big fan of Ueno but the music style is not my cup of tea. Even went to a live last year, so I guess I'll try again once the new album comes out.

Can someone recommend me some japanese punk rock bands? These days I have been listening to old bands like The Stanlin, because Michiro died last month and it was a shock for me, and the Roosters.
SIX LOUNGE are a great modern take on the genre.

climbgrow as well

Sakuran Zensen too

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Kurita is the Wario64 of the Japanese Music OT.

New Passepied: I like it! I truly thought I was done with them after &DNA. Need more listens to solidify that opinion, though.

EDIT: I'll just tack this comment on here: that new Chelmico song isn't bad either. I used to love them so much and POWER was such a huge letdown. Guess we'll see.

Last edited:

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

A remix and 2 versions of the same song?!

Still going to be good but it's a bit disappointing after this long.