• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Maika_Fan

Oct 28, 2017
Gutted to miss out on VIP tickets for BAND-MAID in London. Decided to go for balcony tickets to get a good view of the full band - the last London gig I was pretty much face to face with MISA!

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I wanna share a live performance from a cover band I adore. They do jazz covers of game songs (often Touhou series). I don't play any of the games they cover, but I love the music. They're all fantastic musicians with great energy, and they really have fun. Please check them out if you like jazz, or even maybe if you don't!

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Kinoko Teikoku are going on hiatus, as the bassist is thinking about his own future. He recently turned 30, and he's considering working with his family in the temple they own (they say that he even studied for this during college).
The band doesn't want a support bassist to replace him, so that's why they're choosing the hiatus route.

Dang it :(
Well, I guess their 10th anniversary is a good way to close the Kinoko Teikoku adventure, it was great ride!

Itsuki

Oct 26, 2017
Kinoko Teikoku are going on hiatus, as the bassist is thinking about his own future. He recently turned 30, and he's considering working with his family in the temple they own (they say that he even studied for this during college).
The band doesn't want a support bassist to replace him, so that's why they're choosing the hiatus route.

Dang it :(
Well, I guess their 10th anniversary is a good way to close the Kinoko Teikoku adventure, it was great ride!

Couldn't enter to their official site this morning, so thanks for writing it here. What happens with Taniguchi sounds like a quarter life crisis... I'm sad but they will be back someday!

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Speaking of 10th anniversaries, both Nothing's Carved In Stone and the HIATUS released their debut albums in May of 2009.
Never thought they'd replace ELLEGARDEN in my heart, but man, both bands have flawless discographies. ELLEGARDEN's break was actually a blessing in disguise.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Super excited for Suda Masaki's 2nd full album, LOVE. Coming out on July 10th.
Saw it coming from miles away, but one of the songs is written by Aimyon. Aside from that, it includes the singles Machigaisagashi (the song written by Yonezu Kenshi) and Long Hope Philia (by amazarashi's Akita Hiromu), new songs by Ishizaki Huwie, Wasureranneyo's Shibata and Dresscodes's Shima. Most of the songs are actually written by Suda himself this time, it's great to see him getting more involved than before.
Cool cover arts too.
A48cSBJ.jpg

pPV0Dkl.jpg
L5HWtTL.jpg

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
OKAMOTO'S released a very neat MV for Dancing Boy, with 150 special guests they're friends with. Musicians, actors, models/fashion people...
We get to see KOM_I, 04 Limited Sazabys's Gen, Creepy Nuts, Suda Masaki, Narita Ryo, Nomura Shouhei, Taiga, Kandytown, CHAI, and a lot more as they want to offer a panorama of Heisei's youth. A ton of peeps I like in here.

BOY is one of my favorite albums of 2019.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Ready for the best album of June

New Creepy Nuts mini-album this August, and they've finally released a MV for Yofukashi no uta. It's full of references to オードリのオールナイトニッポン/Audrey's All-Night Nippon, the cult classic radio show the song was made for, only got like one of them. It's really for hardcore listeners lol

Last edited:

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
I noticed that Creepy Nuts did a song with Yoru no Honki Dance that is releasing next week on YNHD's new album.
Really pumped for all the new Creepy Nuts material!

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017

New Creepy Nuts mini-album this August, and they've finally released a MV for Yofukashi no uta. It's full of references to オードリのオールナイトニッポン/Audrey's All-Night Nippon, the cult classic radio show the song was made for, only got like one of them. It's really for hardcore listeners lol

Creepy Nuts is awesome so I'm psyched to see he has new material coming!

Also Zorn just dropped a new album but doesn't look like it's up on Spotify sadly.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Speaking of Creepy Nuts, R-Shitei recently became the new last boss of Freestyle Dungeon, as Hannya is retiring from the show.
Their last battle was great.

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017

"Video uploader made this unavailable in your country"

... in the year 2019 of our lord and savior this is so stupid. Like why ever limit your exposure as an artist in any art form? Insanity. Praise be to youtube mirrors then I suppose.
After listening I'm not as hyped as you Kurita. Can relate to the band name though haha.

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no. Is this the general sound of Alexandros now? I haven't listened to any of their material from the second half of this decade. But if it's similar to this then :(

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Now where is my 9th Keyaki single, or a 2nd album.
They've announced the dates for this year's Kyouwakoku so hopefully we get new content soon.

TickleMeElbow

Oct 31, 2017
Idk if this has been posted yet, but I randomly caught this Keiju dude's video on TV a couple nights ago and haven't been able to get it out of my head.

The beat is nuts.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
hmm with itunes exploding soon i wonder where the best place for me to get jp digital music will be. probs amazon or bandcamps i guess.

Maika_Fan

Oct 28, 2017
First time ever being on a reserve list for tickets has paid off - just nabbed a VIP ticket for Band Maid in London! It does leave me with a balcony Eticket i no longer need though.

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
First time ever being on a reserve list for tickets has paid off - just nabbed a VIP ticket for Band Maid in London! It does leave me with a balcony Eticket i no longer need though.

That's good news then. I just went with general tickets on the floor again. It would be nice to get close to the front but that's the only part of the VIP tickets that interests me.

Maika_Fan

Oct 28, 2017
Guess it all worked out in the end, eh? What all comes with that package?

Early entry, early access to merch, meet and greet and a signed poster.
Early entry is always the big one for me, though making myself look an idiot whilst I mispronounce something in Japanese should be fun!

Might stand near Kanami this time, Misa had her turn at the last London gig!

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Last part of the line-up has been revealed and.....
Aaaaah I'll be able to see Keyakizaka46 at Rock in Japan aaaaaah yes
D8SiBCVXYAAxeg7.jpg
D8SjASxU8AEVXTU.jpg

Last edited:

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Goddammit, Shiggy Jr. is disbanding :(
At least from the announcement it looks like the vocalist will go solo eventually.