• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom

Babymetal performing at Glastonbury.

I havent been following whats been happening with them recently. Is this new girl the fulltime replacement or just a dancer they can swap out? I noticed she isnt mic'd up.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017

Babymetal performing at Glastonbury.

I havent been following whats been happening with them recently. Is this new girl the fulltime replacement or just a dancer they can swap out? I noticed she isnt mic'd up.

Just a dancer, officially it's just Moa and Su now. Since most of their choreography is based around 3 people, they just added a dancer so they didn't have to redo all the routines, I suppose.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Bird Bear Hare and Fish are now just BBHF, and they dropped a very neat EP. More synth-pop oriented, they're kinda following the same direction as Galileo Galilei around the album Alarms.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Dang, 1.3 millions copies sold in a week for Arashi's best-of lol
Need to get a copy soon.

---

Really want a MV for GRUNGE WORLD too.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
The Hiatus New Album Title is Our Secret Spot.

Hosomi also said on the radio that all of their songs will finally be available on streaming services. I assume Monoeyes will get the same treatment.
I own all the CDs but it's still great news.

The new songs Regrets that aired earlier was amazing stuff. Completely different vibe from their other works.
Can't wait to hear the full album.

Last edited:

kasane

Oct 30, 2017
Jesus christ i can't wait for the HIATUS's Our secret spot.

Even the title is giving me the feels already. Too bad it seems like there are no japanese tracks again

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
Only bummer is that since they're a band that releases a ton of singles, there's only like 4 new songs on the album. Didn't listen to the songs that much (aside from Hanashi ga shitai yo, maybe a top 3 Bump songs of all time for me) so it'll still be somewhat fresh.

I haven't listened to any of their singles except for a couple of times, so I'll be lucky and it won't seem too repetitive for me. Its such a bummer when that happens though :( I love getting albums with a good half and half ratio, half singles and half new stuff. OR even better, mostly new stuff haha

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
A couple of artists already announced albums for this fall. Time to get hyped.

Nothing's Carved In Stone will release their 10th album on September 25
teto with a 15-tracks album (no release date yet, just fall)
Mrs. GREEN APPLE will release Attitude, a 17 tracks album on October 2
Saucy Dog with a new mini-album on October 2 as well
KOTORI will drop their second full album on October 9

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
Sooooooo Leah Dizon is making a comeback with a new mini album this month.
Her vocals were never great, but I always really enjoyed her music. I'm incredibly shocked that she is returning after all these years! I am looking forward to it!

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Quick roundup of my favorite EPs/albums of the year so far (adding original names for stuff that might be harder to look up). No specific order, though I guess Mom, King Gnu, One Ok Rock, Sakanaction, My Hair is Bad might be the ones I did enjoy the most.
Crazy year so far, so much good content.
List is pretty varied in terms of style, so there's something for everyone.

Dos Monos, Mao Sasagawa, Totsuzen Shonen, VaVa, Kimishima Ohzora, GRASAM ANIMAL, Mega Shinnosuke, BANGLANG and Miami Party are all artists I discovered this year that just blew my mind.

Last edited:

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
Lol Stump back on his Nakata shade train.

I watched the "Laughter in the Dark" Hikaru Utada concert over the weekend. Liked the mix of songs. Even though it makes sense, I guess I wasn't ready for how generally chill her concert can be. Like there is sort of a maturity and composure in her performance that makes it seem a little less of a pop concert and a little more of a concert I'm like "I should take my seat and not disturb anyone" haha.
Loved that the closing song was Goodbye Happiness. Love that tune till the end of time. Certainly a J artist I hope to see live before she calls it quits.

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
Sooooooo Leah Dizon is making a comeback with a new mini album this month.
Her vocals were never great, but I always really enjoyed her music. I'm incredibly shocked that she is returning after all these years! I am looking forward to it!
Huh. Weird. My experience with LD was pretty much stumbling on her modeling career in high school ---- desktop wallpaper for some time ---- oh hey she's in a Ninja Gaiden 2 (or 3?) commercial. How fitting ---- to completely forgetting about her.

And then out of nowhere, hey this Katamari remix track is dope. Who is that? Oh Leah freakin Dizon.

EDIT:
Spotify link for Nananananairo by Perfume. Though I do agree with Stump's assesment from earlier lol. It's kinda alright.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
New Official Higedandism is finally here. Gonna be a great summer jam. They've also announced a new album for october, can't wait.

PEDRO's album is already out, and as expected it's wonderful. I like that the MV is set in the same universe as BiSH's I Am me haha

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. Weird. My experience with LD was pretty much stumbling on her modeling career in high school ---- desktop wallpaper for some time ---- oh hey she's in a Ninja Gaiden 2 (or 3?) commercial. How fitting ---- to completely forgetting about her.

And then out of nowhere, hey this Katamari remix track is dope. Who is that? Oh Leah freakin Dizon.

I had no idea she was in Katamari!
I first discovered her from her Love Paradox single, such a catchy tune. Still love it lol

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Nogizaka46's captain Sakurai Reika will graduate on September 1st. Kinda expected her to be the next member to leave, but man :( :(
Wonder who will replace her.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, Johnny and Ross Perot on the same day. Only two years apart in age too--I expected Johnny to be much younger and Perot to be much older.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Wonder if there what's next for the agency, since there seems to be some internal rivalries.

---
I'm totally behind Ame no Parade and their new style since Ahead Ahead. Keep the cool pop tunes coming.
Never expected a summer anthem like this from them, but man it's just perfect.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they kept the jazzy sound from some of their songs in Reason of Black Color (ice, (soda) and Hometown to be more specific), but that ship has sailed =(

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
dang haven't been in this thread for days. Well anyways I'm sure this band has been discussed among the regulars here before, but they're new to me and they have an album out this year for anyone who hasn't heard it. All female hardcore with ridiculous quirkiness and amazing charisma. I fucking LOVE this stuff.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Congrats to Czecho no Republic's vocalists Mai and Takei who recently got married! Been listening to them for a long time, so I'm really happy to hear this news. Feels like it's pretty rare to see a marriage within a band.
They've got a new EP coming this fall.

---
Finally some new Keyakizaka46 content! New song used for Tough-Man Refresh's CM. Sounds more like an eventual B-side rather than the main 9th single song, but we never know. Guessing we'll get an announcement for a September release.

Last edited: