• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
After 3 lotteries me and my friends couldn't get tickets for Nogizaka46´s show at Meiji Jingu Stadium on August 30 lol.
Will try one last time when the tickets are on general sale haha

In the meantime I bought their latest live bluray : their 6th anniversary live from last year where they did two shows at the same time at Meiji Jingu Stadium and the rugby stadium right next to it (60k fans combined). Unfortunately 99% of the footage is from Meiji Jingu, and you barely get to see what was actually the gimmick of the show : them performing Synchronicity simultaneously, with the senbatsu members at Meiji and the Under members at the rugby stadium.

Still a super fun show to watch as always though.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I always liked this Indie band called The Milky Tangerine. I never found when they officially disbanded, but I guess the singer does solo stuff now.

I regret not seeing them play in 2016. That must've been one of their last shows together that I missed because of other plans :( Sucks when you miss a show, and then the band breaks up soon after.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, I thought I was the only one who knew them. They were one of the first Japanese bands I listened to.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Elephant Kashimashi's Miyamoto has been killing it with his songs since the start of his solo project this year.
New single is soooooo good.

His debut song released in february is also wonderful.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Got ticks for Radwimps's Yokohama Arena show on August 27, let's do thiiiiiis.
First saw them in Paris in 2015 where they played in a venue that has a capacity of 500 (not even sure it was sold out, smh France). Excited to finally get the real experience in a huge venue 4 years later.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Woah, that formation for Nogizaka46's 24th single. They're really preparing for the new era with Shiraishi and Ikuta stepping back, and three 4th gen on the front lane. Reminds me of Nigemizu's senbatsu.

18 members (23rd single had 22 members)
3rd lane
Umezawa - Kitano - Akimoto - Kubo - Takayama - Hoshino - Shinuchi

2nd lane
Yamashita - Ikuta - Shiraishi - Matsumura - Sakurai - Yoda

Front lane
Hori - Kaki (4th Gen, first senbatsu) - Endou (4th gen, first senbatsu, center) - Tsutsui (4th gen, first senbatsu) - Asuka

Still can't get over Shiraishi on the second lane. Damn.

Last edited:

Itsuki

Oct 26, 2017
It is possible to enter a ePlus ticket lottery without having a Japanese mobile phone and do they accept credit cards not issued in Japan?

kaputt

Oct 27, 2017
A japanese artist that I've been obsessed last month is Yoeko Kurahashi. She's a pianist, it's kind of a pop mixed with jazz, fun and rich. Her works are a bit obscure, I can find little information about her music (in english at least).

My favorite song of hers is this one:

I was surprised when I saw this video with the translation, the lyrics are pretty dark (and unfortunately I kinda relate to them).

She's on the way to become my second favorite japanese musician, after Sheena Ringo.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
It is possible to enter a ePlus ticket lottery without having a Japanese mobile phone and do they accept credit cards not issued in Japan?
Unfortunately no. All the websites (Eplus, Lawson Ticket, 7ticket...) have been using mobile phone verification to fight against scalping for a while now. Your only option is to ask someone who lives in Japan to do it for you.

--
Woah, the anime movie Hello World is getting a stacked lineup for its OST : OKAMOTO'S, Nulbarich, Official Higedandism (all 3 bands are doing a theme song each), STUTS, OBKR, Yaffle and Brian Shinsekai (these 4 are doing the actual movie's OST, though OKAMOTO'S, Nulbarich and Official Higedandism are also contributing).

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Might be my favorite chorus of any Polkadot Stringray song. The guitar, the delivery of the lyrics, the keyboard in the background...
Love it.
Also like they keep the tradition of having a comedian in their MV, this time with Hollywood Zakoshisyoh lol.

They've also announced the release of a new mini album on September 25 during their Budokan show

---
Hitorie will resume their tour starting September. Good to see them still going strong despite Wowaka's death.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Wonderful

Not sure why English-speaking people post about the KyoAni tragedy in the comments tho...

--
Chelmico with the summer chill-bop, excited for the album.

Last edited:

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Been listening to KANA-BOON nonstop for the past few days and God Dam these guy said are the fucking shit, crazy how many good songs they have.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Been listening to KANA-BOON nonstop for the past few days and God Dam these guy said are the fucking shit, crazy how many good songs they have.
Been my favorite band since I've discovered them back in 2013. Also got me into ton of dope bands related to them (mainly their friends from the Kansai rock scene).
Hope the bassist will recover quickly.

If you like them, give a shot to Keytalk or Mrs. Green Apple (the latter are more on the other end of the pop spectrum, while KB are mostly sticking to pure rock)
go!go!vanillas might also fit the bill.
Polkadot Stingray as well (new song has been posted above)

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
It's just KenKen who got arrested from Dragon Ash.
His fellow Rize member JESSE also got got though.
Dang it, learn to hide it guys!

Itsuki

Oct 26, 2017
It's just KenKen who got arrested from Dragon Ash.
His fellow Rize member JESSE also got got though.
Dang it, learn to hide it guys!
Edited the post. I didn't read more information of the news until after I posted it.
This is already the second time in less than one year that a musician gets arrested for drug possession? I hope this doesn't affect Dragon Ash discography like what happened with Denki Groove.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Edited the post. I didn't read more information of the news until after I posted it.
This is already the second time in less than one year that a musician gets arrested for drug possession? I hope this doesn't affect Dragon Ash discography like what happened with Denki Groove.
A member from Her Name In Blood was also arrested for the same thing (2 years ago IIRC), and Warner just temporarily suspended the distribution of their works (like 3 months).
For Denki Groove, who knows what'll happen, cause even Ishino decided to leave Sony.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Update on the KenKen story : only the works that feature KenKen will be taken off the market. Makes sense when you think about it, since he officially joined Dragon Ash pretty recently.

Itsuki

Oct 26, 2017
Update on the KenKen story : only the works that feature KenKen will be taken off the market. Makes sense when you think about it, since he officially joined Dragon Ash pretty recently.
Then that would be the albums, singles and live DVDs since 2012. I'm glad is not the entire discography.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Been my favorite band since I've discovered them back in 2013. Also got me into ton of dope bands related to them (mainly their friends from the Kansai rock scene).
Hope the bassist will recover quickly.

If you like them, give a shot to Keytalk or Mrs. Green Apple (the latter are more on the other end of the pop spectrum, while KB are mostly sticking to pure rock)
go!go!vanillas might also fit the bill.
Polkadot Stingray as well (new song has been posted above)

Thanks for the recommendations!, will check them out, what happened to the bassist btw?

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017

Man, WANIMA continues to be the absolute bomb. This latest EP is just awesome.

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
Got 4 clips from yesterday's CHAI show in Chicago. They are playing today at Pitchfork Music Fest. In like... 20 minutes. I'm not going to that, even though the line up sure is good this year. I let the others melt in the sun thank you very much (not that the indoor show yesterday was any cooler even at like 11:30 PM. Freaking sweated gallons)

Anyways, here ya go :

Curly Adventure

Instrumental bit

Um, I don't even know

Hi Hi Baby

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France

Man, WANIMA continues to be the absolute bomb. This latest EP is just awesome.

Hope we get a video for GONG. It's the theme song for the new One Piece movie after all, so that'd make sense.

--
My boy Rude-α's videos for his Sony releases are finally available worldwide. His latest single LIFE is so good.

--
King Gnu are providing a new song for ANA's new commercial, sounds fucking amazing once again. Digital release on August 9. Starting to think that we'll get a 2nd album this year.
Man I love these guys to death, easily in my current top 5 acts.

Last edited:

stump sock

Oct 25, 2017
PillarEN looks like skipping the fest was the right call based on the heat and then torrential downpour. the chai set from their stream was great though

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
PillarEN looks like skipping the fest was the right call based on the heat and then torrential downpour. the chai set from their stream was great though
I tuned in for the last two songs, just to see the stage/crowd. Happy they had a big audience. I mean they genuinely push themselves as worldwide band rather than just sticking to local with the odd look outside of Japan, so for them to have a good reception at an American festival makes me happy for them.

As for Japanese bands playing live around my part of town, it doesn't seem like there is anything until Boris shows up in the fall.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for sharing. I feel like I'm never aware of new Rap stuff coming out when it's not Kid Fresino or JJJ. I like this one a lot.

No problem! Myself and a friend of mine try to keep up on releases, but I follow a lot of artists on Insta/twitter to hear about their releases. The other spot I find out about releases from is /r/hiphopjapan on reddit. There's no upvoting or commenting usually, just links to tracks.