• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017

Always in for fun hip-hop. Discovered them a few months ago, they're pretty kewl. Looks like they're moving to Victor.

ladyluthien you might enjoy this?

Why am I so late in seeing this!?!? I'm glad I finally caught it while going back through the thread lol, I love it! I love upbeat hip-hop too.
Really liking that new Taka Perry track with JP THE WAVY too.
I saw akai ko-en is finally releasing a new single. Super excited for it!

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
New Age Factory is perfect to end the summer, dang...

Can't wait to hear their song with Kinoko Teikoku's Sato Chiaki

New BIM produced by STUTS

Last edited:

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
I just got a notification that Hoshino Gen is now on Spotify. There's also a playlist saying they're welcoming him to the platform, but I don't see any songs on it yet. Guessing some of his catalog will be available soon! This is Spotify US FYI.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
I just got a notification that Hoshino Gen is now on Spotify. There's also a playlist saying they're welcoming him to the platform, but I don't see any songs on it yet. Guessing some of his catalog will be available soon! This is Spotify US FYI.
His stuff wasn't even streaming in Japan until today so that's a megaton.
He got an Apple Music radio show as well. He also launched an Instagram account ( @iamgenhoshino) that features English translations of his posts so I'm guessing we'll see more content for international fans! Great news.

EDIT : he's just announced a show on November 25 in New York, with Mark Ronson.

Last edited:

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the new Polkadot album is getting delayed almost a month. That's what Shizuku said, unless my Japanese is wrong.

The new date is October 16.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Saw Ame no Parade at Tsutaya O-East with fellow J-pop lover PK Strawstorm.
What a great show that was, I'm actually impressed by their energy. I thought they were mostly doing chill shows but they've got some very interesting live arrangements to make people dance a little bit. Still got their fair share of moody songs and all of course, but it's way more fun than I expected. Dos Monos came out for a remix of Hometown that was lit. So happy I got to see them, they're my fav rap act right now.
So yeah, it was awesome.

Last edited:

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Has someone posted about Ironbunny before? I'm sure they're gonna blow up soon. They're very anison, and considering Showtaro Morikubo is in the group, that's not a surprise. Also, highly inspired by 80s metal. God, I love his tokusatsu outfit. Funny that there's a handsome, famous dude under the mask with a fake name. It was a good idea for him to add three ladies with good voices to his act, because I don't think he'd become to popular doing solo, like he started out.

Look at their promo images!
kv_7.jpg

kv_6.jpg

Edit: Their mini-album just dropped on the 28th.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Fire

Random semi-cool thing of the day : walked a good 10 minutes right next to King Gnu's vocalist Iguchi in Harajuku lol

Itsuki

Oct 26, 2017
Fire

Random semi-cool thing of the day : walked a good 10 minutes right next to King Gnu's vocalist Iguchi in Harajuku lol

That's stalking www By the way, I always wondered this but the artist that are very famous tend to wear mask outside?
I only saw the guitarist from The Birthday doing this but he was entering the live house when people were waiting.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
Say Hello to my Minions 2 by Sky-Hi X SALU is out. It's solid. It's not as good as its predecessor but still a very good album. Next up is the new WILYWNKA album.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Woah, 1 year after the audition we finally get to see the remaining new Sakamichi members. Guess we'll get to know their groups pretty soon.
I wonder if they'll be treated as entirely new gens, or as Nogizaka 4th gen/Keyakizaka 2nd gen/Hinatazaka 3rd gen like the other new members. I assume it's gonna be the former?

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Actress Kamishiraishi Moka is officially starting her music career under the "adieu" name. Her new song is pretty nice.

She actually released 2 songs in 2017 as adieu, but her real identity was still a secret back then.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Keyakizaka46 are switching to a traditional senbatsu format for their 9th single (to be released this winter).
The 17 members have been revealed, with some surprises.

3rd Lane
Habu - Watanabe Rika - Inoue - Harada - Seki - Uemura - Fujiyoshi

2nd Lane
Takemoto - Sugai - Morita - Moirya - Satou

Front
Kobayashi - Matsuda - Hirate - Tamura - Watanabe Risa

7 second gen members, Suzumoto and Koike not making it... My 2nd gen oshi Matsuda right next to Hirate... Didn't expect that.
Excited to see where they go from now, even the members were implying that the senbatsu system was something the group needed.

Last edited:

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Because of the new For Tracy Hyde album (which is fantastic by the way), I discovered that 夏bot also writes for April Blue and RAY (・・・・・・・・・ 's みきれちゃん is also involved). I don't think they've been posted before.:

Some really nice shoegaze to keep an eye on.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
they recently finished recording a new full album, should hopefully be out by the end of the year!
This is good news.
Before Chibagin leaves the band in January to be a family man ;_;
I wasn't too excited when they announced that :(
Some really nice shoegaze to keep an eye on.
Thanks for posting Ray. That's good stuff. I don't see anywhere on their site to buy their music, though?

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
The new Hinatazaka46 is giving me chills. Didn't expect this direction for the 3rd single.

This is really good, wow. Honestly I've been so out of the loop on the 46 and 48 groups for the last few years. Who are the big groups now? What have been the biggest singles from them?

Random, but someone posted MY FIRST STORY earlier in the thread and I listened to more of their stuff today, I really like them.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
This is really good, wow. Honestly I've been so out of the loop on the 46 and 48 groups for the last few years. Who are the big groups now? What have been the biggest singles from them?
It's all about the three "Sakamichi" groups now : Nogizaka46, Keyakizaka46 and Hinatazaka46.
Hinatazaka46 are the newest group that debuted this year, though they were originally a division of Keyakizaka46 since 2016, known as Hiragana Keyakizaka46.

As for the biggest singles hmmm it's a bit hard to tell since every single (generally) outsells the previous one lol
For Nogizaka I guess I'd say Influencer, Synchronicity, Kaerimichi Wa Toomawari Shitaku Naru.
Keyakizaka -> Fukyouwaon, Kuroi Hitsuji, Garasu wo Ware, Ambivalent.
Hinatakazaka only have 2 singles out : Kyun and Doremisorashido (though you can check the album they've released as Hiragana Keyakizaka)

Here are some of my recs. Kuroi Hitsuji might be the most incredible idol MV I've ever seen tbh, I remember being in tears the first time I saw it lol

Last edited:

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Youtube recommended me kobasolo / harutya (コバソロ / 春茶) so I thought I'd share.

Together they have almost 3 million subs. It amazes me how far you can go by just covering songs. I'm a fan of Chatmonchy so this is right up my alley. Only Japan can produce melancholic but still upbeat light rock.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Loving these 2 songs by the young artist Miyuna

Will definitely check her upcoming release.
She already did some songs for Black Clover and Fairy Tail actually, but not as good as these 2 tracks.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
I loved that Shishamo song posted above. So happy and perfect for the end of Summer. Also really liked that Miyuna song you just posted Kurita.

Checked out more 46 songs, I was into Nogi like 3-4 years ago but I like a lot of their newer stuff too, "Influencer" and "Against" are my favorites so far but I have a lot to listen to as well. Loved "Kuroi Hitsuji" and "Gasaru Wo Ware!" I also loved what I heard from Hinatazaka46 too.

So much good music.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France

WOMCADOLE will release their major debut album through Universal on November 20. Been following them for like 5 years, so I'm pretty happy for them.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
I loved that Shishamo song posted above. So happy and perfect for the end of Summer. Also really liked that Miyuna song you just posted Kurita.

Checked out more 46 songs, I was into Nogi like 3-4 years ago but I like a lot of their newer stuff too, "Influencer" and "Against" are my favorites so far but I have a lot to listen to as well. Loved "Kuroi Hitsuji" and "Gasaru Wo Ware!" I also loved what I heard from Hinatazaka46 too.

So much good music.
One of the GOAT Keyakizaka songs

I saw them live at Rock in Japan Festival this summer, they opened the 2nd day and their set was one of the hypest things I've ever witnessed.