• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe a longshot, but I'll just ask. Are there any interesting concerts in Tokyo around Oct 29th - Nov 4th? I'd like to go to some small venue.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Maybe a longshot, but I'll just ask. Are there any interesting concerts in Tokyo around Oct 29th - Nov 4th? I'd like to go to some small venue.
Skream have a nice schedule you can check out.

My recs (note that I don't know if the tickets are sold out or not) ->
10 /30 - ACIDMAN @ Zepp Tokyo (not a small venue tho)

10/31 - 2 @ Shimokitazawa Shelter

11/1 - LAMP IN TERREN @ Shimokitazawa Club 251

11/1 - レルエ @ Shibuya WWW (love that place)

11/3 - the telephones @ Shibuya Club Quattro

11/4 - OGRE YOU ASSHOLE @ Ex Theater Roppongi (also not that small, but a great place)

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Had to scan through a bunch of pages to see if this had already been posted already, but every few days I load this video again and put it on repeat for a while:

Feels like AAAMYYY's everywhere all of a sudden--a bunch of guest spots like this one and the TSUBAME album (plus one posted earlier in the thread), her own album, and Tempalay (which for some reason isn't my thing even though I feel like I'm usually into psych stuff).

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
You should try and find a show in Shinjuku or Shimokitazawa on Halloween. There are usually quite a few, and that would be lots of fun. I'll keep my eyes peeled for something.

Oct 26, 2017
Skream have a nice schedule you can check out.

My recs (note that I don't know if the tickets are sold out or not) ->
10 /30 - ACIDMAN @ Zepp Tokyo (not a small venue tho)

10/31 - 2 @ Shimokitazawa Shelter

11/1 - LAMP IN TERREN @ Shimokitazawa Club 251

11/1 - レルエ @ Shibuya WWW (love that place)

11/3 - the telephones @ Shibuya Club Quattro

11/4 - OGRE YOU ASSHOLE @ Ex Theater Roppongi (also not that small, but a great place)

Thanks, I'll look them up. Are these drop in or do I need to book in advance?

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Been listening to CVLTE first EP released earlier this year and I'm really digging it. Nothing revolutionary, just a very solid sound that scratches the emo-pop itch.

They're still young (vocalist is 18, drummer is 19 while the other two members are 21), and I wouldn't be surprised to see them going major pretty quickly like ONE OK ROCK back in the day. I'd love to see what they could do with more production values.
Nothing's Carved In Stone invited them on their upcoming tour, that's quite huge considering they've been active for like a year.

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017

Just what I wanted after someone (maybe you) posted that album preview a month ago.
---------------

Saw Boris last night. Enjoyed the concert a lot more than last time 2 years ago when they played only the album Dear lol. It was balsy and I appreciated them being all "fuck you, history means jack. New record start to finish.", but they are after such an eclectic band. And yes this time they played everything from brand new unreleased material, to covers, to straight up early ass Boris. I nabbed a video for 'Melody' and the encore closer 'Statement'. The second to last song was the big hit 'Pink'. Decided to just enjoy that without any recording.

Melody (song more or less kicks in around 1 minute)

Statement

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France

--
Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas announced the release of their 6th album on december 4th. Can't wait. It'll be their first release since the passing of their bassist.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Waking up in the middle of the night to see that they've (finally) officially released Hirate's solo song Kado wo Magaru. It was the ending theme of the movie Hibiki, released last year. She actually sang it at their Tokyo Dome show yesterday, the whole audience seemed legit shook lol (I would have been too)

Poignant song that just sounds like the story of Hirate. Shed a few tears at the end. Guess this will be on Keyakizaka's 9th single.
(more Sakamichi content for you Rainy )

Last edited:

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Waking up in the middle of the night to see that they've (finally) officially released Hirate's solo song Kado wo Magaru. It was the ending theme of the movie Hibiki, released last year. She actually sang it at their Tokyo Dome show yesterday, the whole audience seemed legit shook lol (I would have been too)

Poignant song that just sounds like the story of Hirate. Shed a few tears at the end. Guess this will be on Keyakizaka's 9th single.
(more Sakamichi content for you Rainy )

Their transformation to run of the mill idol group is complete, I guess.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Their transformation to run of the mill idol group is complete, I guess.
Not sure what can make you say that, especially the year we got Kuroi Hitsuji. This new MV is also pure Keyakizaka (well, Hirate since it's a solo song)
The supposed lead track of the single (10-gatsu no Pool ni tobikonda/10月のプールに飛び込んだ) is also going for their usual angsty style.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Gesu no Kiwami Otome's ChanMari is releasing her first solo work next month.

-

--
New ZOC is a banger

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Age Factory's vocalist recommended LIL SOFT TENNIS, and man this is right up my alley. Kinda reminds me of Mom, i.e. an hybrid between alternative rap vibes, indie rock... Hard to describe.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Base Ball Bear's latest EP released this past week is on Spotify and I love it. Thank you Youtube recommendations!

From looking at the YT comments and shitty Google translate, looks like they've been around for a while and took a break?

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Base Ball Bear's latest EP released this past week is on Spotify and I love it. Thank you Youtube recommendations!

From looking at the YT comments and shitty Google translate, looks like they've been around for a while and took a break?
Oh yeah, Base Ball Bear went major in 2006 when they were like 20/21yo, they were one of the big young rock bands at the time.
No break though, the guitarist left in 2016 but that didn't stop them.

Highly recommend their albums C2, 深呼吸 and 十七歳. Can't go wrong with any other release tho, they're one of the most solid acts out there.

Alanood

Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_n4phwbKamI1rn4xp5o1_1280.jpg

It's their 16th anniversary!
Although I'm a week late, I just wish them the best. They deserve more.

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
KAZU (leading lady of Blonde Redhead) is doing a tour of her solo album "Adult Baby" in several US and EU cities.

70598223_397009174293461_7652580158859116544_n.jpg

OCT 08 - Woodstock / Colony
OCT 10 - Toronto / Longboat Hall
OCT 11 - New York / Rough Trade NYC
OCT 12 - Chicago / Constellation
OCT 14 - Portland / Polaris Hall
OCT 15 - Seattle / Columbia City Theater
OCT 16 - San Francisco / The Chapel
OCT 18 - Los Angeles / Lodge Room
OCT 19 - San Diego / UCSD
NOV 16 - Rome / Monk Club (Rome Psych Fest)
NOV 18 - Berlin / Privatclub
NOV 19 - Milan / Santeria Toscana 31
NOV 20 - London / Moth Club
NOV 22 - Paris / Les Etoiles
NOV 24 - Amsterdam / Zonnehuis
NOV 26 - Bruxelles / Botanique (Autumn Falls)

Spotify link to album