• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
I now want a Pokemon cover album by Polkadot Stingray

Age Factory finally released a video for nothing anymore, featuring Kinoko Teikoku's Sato who's doing the backing vocals. One of the best songs of the year.

Last edited:

Airegin

Dec 10, 2017
I've been getting into Japanese music lately but Spotify keeps recommending the same artists. What I like so far:

Kan Sano
Gen Hoshino
Lucky Kilimanjaro
Tomita Lab
SIRUP

Anything else that sounds similar? I prefer music with funk and jazz influences.

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
Ano has left YMM, no graduation concert or anything. Trying to read the statement but the official site is getting hammered!
Sounds like they've had to cancel a lot of upcoming events, so this definitely wasn't planned.

stump sock

Oct 25, 2017
Ano has left YMM, no graduation concert or anything. Trying to read the statement but the official site is getting hammered!
Sounds like they've had to cancel a lot of upcoming events, so this definitely wasn't planned.
I don't think the official site has anything; the only thing that surprises me is that it took this long.

I feel like spontaneously announcing it would be the only way she could easily get out- she's basically 90% of the group draw at this point. Anyway they have a bunch of trainees, they'll just have to bump one or several up earlier than expected.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Discovered Vaundy like an hour ago and I'm in awe. Dude is guaranteed to become a star.

Great live performance of my boy Mom. Spincoaster always delivering the goods with their Music Bar Session series.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France

I guess I missed the news that MTH have an actual official cover band as a "franchise"

how odd

It was originally an old joke by the band, but they legit did an audition for this project. 10 or so episodes on Youtube earlier this year, it was hilarious, with a ton of cameos by other artists, Youtubers...
One of the members is the vocalist from Omedetai Atama de naniyori, KSUKE (a moderately popular DJ) is the masked member...
They've already done a few festivals, and it sounded pretty damn fun according to people who saw them.

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Really annoyed I had to miss Metal Matsuri this weekend in London. I had a ticket and everything but various money issues meant that I could only afford one event this month, decided to go for Comic Con instead as that was with a friend and then he decided to cancel that :(

Itsuki

Oct 26, 2017
Moved to Tokyo last week and I would like to expand my CD collection. Any good cd shops? I know the typical ones like Tower Records and Disc Union.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Sakiyama Soushi's new album is going to be amazing. The girl he's singing with is only 16, the new generation is nuts.

Staying in the "amazing high school students", Miyuna released another MV from her mini-album.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else catch Band-Maid during their US tour? I love it; lots of energy. I'm surprised it was generally an older crowd though. Lots of guys in their 40s and 50s.

5ES8WUD.jpg

hv2E8pS.jpg

DKLlFhG.jpg

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Moved to Tokyo last week and I would like to expand my CD collection. Any good cd shops? I know the typical ones like Tower Records and Disc Union.
I'm cheap, so I got most of my CDs off Amazon or at Book off... I feel like CDs are largely pretty easy, and I didn't care to have a big collection. Japanese record stores. Now that's where it's at.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I appreciate when y'all post news stuff. I pretty much never browse twitter, so I'd probably just never find out a lot of the stuff posted here.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else catch Band-Maid during their US tour? I love it; lots of energy. I'm surprised it was generally an older crowd though. Lots of guys in their 40s and 50s.

Heh, are you though? I feel like that's probably the standard live audience for 95% of Japanese teenage idol bands. (Though I would've expected a decade younger...)

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Heh, are you though? I feel like that's probably the standard live audience for 95% of Japanese teenage idol bands. (Though I would've expected a decade younger...)

Heh, I expected more people in their 30s. I went to see Scandal last year, and it was more of a younger crowd. The male to female ratio was on point though.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
New DADARAY MV.
Their latest mini-album is veeeery good.

Wonder who the two support members in the video are. It's usually Eitaro and Curtis from indigo la End, but not this time.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
But Perfume have been constantly releasing great stuff 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

-

Official Higedandism about to release one of the GOAT J-Pop albums

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Great news : Hoshino Gen's Tokyo Dome show will be avalaible wordlwide on Netflix in two days.

Really happy to see this push for his international career. The lead track of his upcoming EP is an all-english song featuring Superorganism, and it's super neat.
Hoping for a REAL world tour next year.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
That latest ichikoro MV was my exposure to Ichika. What an incredible guitarist. His use of harmonics, sweeps, taps, and just general riffing ability are super impressive. I guess he's amazing on bass, too. Whatta guy. He also plays on Ibanez, so we can be friends.
Edit: This is dope.

Kurita do you know how ichikoro came together?

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
@Kurita do you know how ichikoro came together?
Kawatani was doing the OST for the drama Boku wa Mari no Naka with all the other members as his musicians. He then invited ichika to play guitar which led to the creation of the band.
The leader is ichika, not Kawatani but I'm pretty sure they write the songs together.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Really looking forward to Okamoto Kouki's solo album this month. His few solo songs in OKAMOTO's discography are all great.

Also hyped for Chiaki Sato's full album next month. Should cover a lot of genres if the 3 digital singles are anything to go by. Might buy the CD tbh.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Kawatani was doing the OST for the drama Boku wa Mari no Naka with all the other members as his musicians. He then invited ichika to play guitar which led to the creation of the band.
The leader is ichika, not Kawatani but I'm pretty sure they write the songs together.
Did Kawatani find Ichika because of youtube?

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Did Kawatani find Ichika because of youtube?
No idea tbh

the chef cooks me's newest album has been in my heavy rotation for work. Their (well, "his" since there's only one member now) 2013 full album was my shit back then. Now that he's back with Sony I wonder if we'll get more consistent releases.

In other news, Spitz are FINALLY on streaming platforms. Time to dive in.