• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Perfume's new song called Saisei to be used as the theme song for the movie Shijinso no Satsujin.

Can hear a couple of seconds in the trailer, sounds cool, like something out of Linear Motor Girl, Electro World era. I guess that's Nakata's thing lately, Challenger was also a pretty old school track.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
That latest ichikoro MV was my exposure to Ichika. What an incredible guitarist. His use of harmonics, sweeps, taps, and just general riffing ability are super impressive. I guess he's amazing on bass, too. Whatta guy. He also plays on Ibanez, so we can be friends.

Yeah, he is a great guitarist. Tho, I'm not really into his solo stuff, feels kinda dry for me. I like ichikoro exactly because Enon and friends provide a nice, groovy, rhythm base that goes along really well with his style. Well, at least this song of his with Enon as guest vocals is pretty good, not sure if the rest of the EP is like this:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
New DAOKO song for the anniversary of Dragalia Lost. Nice bop.

NITRODAY keeping that 90s spirit alive. Their previous stuff was already quite neat, hope they become a bigger deal in the indie scene.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France

Shinsei Kamattechan will release a new album on January 8th, which is the date of their major debut. Almost forgot they're celebrating their 10th anniversary with Warner.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Ametalk's episode about BiSH was great. Hope they'll attract a lot of new fans thanks to this. All of the guests did a very good job showcasing what make them so cool. They were the the number 1 trending word on Japanese Twitter during the show!
New MV dropping tomorrow. Song is already streaming, it's Rhythm, one of the A-sides of their upcoming single. Very nice ballad composed by Aina, Momoco wrote the lyrics.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
My friend wanted more groups like Babymetal. I'm not into all of these, but I told her to check out some for herself: Necronomidol, Ladybaby, Yukueshirezurezure, KAQRIYOTERROR (still not used to calling them that...), PassCode, Zenbu Kimi no Sei da.. She already knew Band-Maid. Anything else I should tell her to listen to?

stump sock

Edit: Also, she's the one who showed me Ironbunny, which I posted about here recently (so she obviously knows about them already haha).

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
OCEANS are one of the most promising bands from The Ninth Apollo, excited to hear their first album next month.

CreepyHyp released a new version of their song Band, to celebrate the 10th anniversary of their current line-up.
It's one of my favorite songs so I'm really happy we get a video for it.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
So in the area we're staying, there are two venues which will host several interesting bands. I might check out all three of these: Tri4th, Miranda Otsuji and Chocol8 Syndrome.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

Finally out! Pretty good EP even if only 2 of the 5 songs are truly new.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017

Cool little music video for a cover of "Plastic Love" by Emma Hazy Minami, starring Reina Trendl (who I personally know from Terrace House).

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Oh nice, studio live version of Sato Chiaki's latest single. Reminds me of Neko to Allergy.

-

Haha, the Ametalk episode about BiSH did wonders (all the albums were 300 yens the day after it aired)

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
I was never that into Noisemaker, but for some reason I've been listening to them quite a bit lately. Their newest song is pretty cool.

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
Friend if mine saw Kero Kero Bonito tonight. I unfortunately had to tend to a family matter out of town. Apparently the show was packed, so hopefully they come back to North America soon for some festival so I don't have to wait until they tour a follow up album.

Fo sho.

Along with the choreography, it is one of the two key tracks for me off of Future Pop

Last edited:

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I'm sure it was posted in here when it happened, but I somehow missed that wowaka died this year. I found out because of a Project Diva thread just now. Fuck... kinda heartbroken. Been listening to hitorie with y'all for years, and I always planned to see them live. I wish I made that happen years ago.

Kurita, you got to see hitorie live, didn't you? If so, I'm glad you have that memory.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
I'm sure it was posted in here when it happened, but I somehow missed that wowaka died this year. I found out because of a Project Diva thread just now. Fuck... kinda heartbroken. Been listening to hitorie with y'all for years, and I always planned to see them live. I wish I made that happen years ago.

Kurita, you got to see hitorie live, didn't you? If so, I'm glad you have that memory.
Yeah saw them three times (2016, 2017 and 2018).

They've actually uploaded live footage of that 2017 show I went to since it's getting a blu-ray release next month.

The 3 remaining members are still touring (Shinoda is the one singing), so I wonder if we'll get new material someday.
Fujifabric kept on going despite the death of Shimura so who knows.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
The "DADABABY" minialbum by DADARAY is amazing. I had never really listened to them before and I love this.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017

They also announced a full length. Super excited :D

HAMIDASYSTEM also announced a full length. Wish it was all new songs tho.

December getting packed.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
recently heard vinland saga ED 2
who is milet? that was an amazing song
never heard of her before