• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
recently heard vinland saga ED 2
who is milet? that was an amazing song
never heard of her before
She debuted earlier this year with Sony. One of my favorite new singers.

Her first single Inside You was co-written with Toru from ONE OK ROCK

Her 3rd single, us, was used this summer for a popular drama.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Nice amount of new albums released this week : teto, Dramatic Alaska, SANABAGUN., THE BACK HORN, Okamoto Kouki, Akai Kouen WANIMA, Kamiyama You, KANDYTOWN...

Favorites of the bunch :

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
6sQ6Xuh.png

Something I definitely didn't expect USG to make, but this is pretty cool. Finally I can listen to them on Apple Music.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
the engy's major debut album is out this week, currently this week and it's super catchy. Latest MV :

New [Alexandros] is pretty neat.

NoirSuede

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This counts as Japanese music right?

I've been feeling a samba influence in their songs lately and idk what to think of it tbh

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Arashi had a YouTube live and announced a whole bunch of stuff. They now have an official Twitter, Instagram, Weibo, TikTok, and Facebook.
They also announced digital distribution of 65 singles including a brand new one called "Turning Up" which premieres in roughly 7 hours on YT. Idk what digital distribution exactly means in this context.
More at this link: https://aramajapan.com/news/social-...st-digital-single-turning-up-and-more/102411/

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
The playlist with all the singles + the new song is now up on Spotify (Apple Music is slowly updating)

EDIT :
Music video is out

New EMPiRE is pretty cool

Last edited:

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Ahhh having all of Arashi's music, at least the singles, on Spotify is great. I feel like they wanted to reach out to their international fans before they went onto hiatus. This is super cool of them. Wonder if it will also be the blueprint for popular JE groups in the future.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Ahhh having all of Arashi's music, at least the singles, on Spotify is great. I feel like they wanted to reach out to their international fans before they went onto hiatus. This is super cool of them. Wonder if it will also be the blueprint for popular JE groups in the future.
Let's hope. Some groups already had some stuff on Youtube before Arashi, like Kis-my-Ft-2 and King & Prince (usually short versions/blocked outside of Japan lol).
I still feel like they're going all out just for the 20th anniversary/hiatus but we never know.

They got two junior groups debuting next year (Sixtones and Snowman) that pretty much kicked off the whole Woah Johnny's on Youtube??!!!! thing a few years ago with the official Juniors channel, so hey.

Nord501

Oct 29, 2017
Massachusetts
Arashi being on iTunes is pretty cool. Didn't think I'd see the day TBH. Maybe I'll pick up a song or 2 once I can get some Yen on my account. But the group I really want on there is Kinki Kids because they seem more up my alley. Them and SMAP for Sekai ni hitotsu dake no hana.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Damn, this SiM and Akko Gorilla collab is killing me. New SiM album coming this spring, can't believe it's already been 4 years since the previous one.

stump sock

Oct 25, 2017
normally I ignore when people complain about vocals being too low because I'll listen to it and think they're actually mixed correctly for a change

this isn't one of those times

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

Zutomayo's album is up! I didn't knew this was coming so imagine my surprise when I saw this.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
New RyokuShaka is pretty much Hajimari no Uta 2.0 but that's fine by me.

-
New Yourness is cool. Wouldn't be surprised to see them going major in 2020.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
My boy Mom is back with an absolute fire track. Friendly reminder that his album Detox is one the best releases of 2019.

KEYTALK's first album with Universal is nuts. The KEYTALK I've loved for almost a decade gets a semi-reboot and it's a breath of fresh air.
New MV just got released.

Nulbarich's newest mini-album is also great stuff.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
ROTH BART BARON's newest album is something else. I remember listening to them back in like 2012, but kinda forgot about them soon after. That was a mistake.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Will definitely buy Hitorie's live footage that got released this week. They released it on wowaka's birthday, who would've turned 32. Hope he had a good one up there.

New Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra, featuring an high school brass band. Sweet.
Pretty sure a giant SkaPara show broadcast worldwide would lead to world peace.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017

Sounds exactly like the last two Negoto albums. Can't believe the band died for this ;-;

Not all that surprised; if anyone was going to continue to sound like Negoto it makes sense it would be Sachiko. Wasn't she the main songwriter? It definitely felt like she was the face of the band at least.

Stuff that sounds like Negoto would be totally fine with me (even with the "last two albums" caveat, I thought SOAK wasn't terrible) but this isn't doing a lot for me. After going through their earlier discography I realized that the period around 5 and VISION was really the sweet spot, and I don't think any of them are likely to return to that era again.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
New Genie High song is great. I think I'll grab the 2-discs limited edition of their upcoming alnum, the 2nd disc is an instrumental version of the whole album.
Not all that surprised; if anyone was going to continue to sound like Negoto it makes sense it would be Sachiko. Wasn't she the main songwriter? It definitely felt like she was the face of the band at least.
It's almost an even split between her and the guitarist Masuda (who is also starting a new project very soon).

As someone who loved their last two albums the EP sounds good to me!

My boy Mega Shinnosuke will drop a new EP next month.

Already posted about Vaundy last month, he released a new song. Ready to see this dude blow up very soon.
People who like King Gnu should definitely check him out.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Didn't expect KOTORI to release an MV for this song, sweeeeet. One of my favorite tracks from their latest album REVIVAL.

Last edited: