• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I use spotify US free, It doesnt seem to be missing most of what i listen to except big label oldies.

On spotify i follow playlists curated by Japanese music news sites (Spincoaster, Cinra) , labels (Lute) , artists, and Spotify Japan.
On Twitter I follow artists i like and individual members of bands and i pay attention to what their doing and who their rolling with at shows.

Thats really it to be honest. I dont even use youtube much for discovery anymore. I occasionally find something nice being talked about on jps.

Here are some playlists i follow on spotify:

I should really follow some of these, the names I recognize are artists I'm already pretty into. Thanks!

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
New Polkadot Stingray mini-album on January 8th to celebrate their 5th birthday.
It will feature Megami, the theme song of the show Hidarikiki no Eren. MV just got released.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
nsilvias I'm happy you're posting more!

It's all right. Kinda lacks any usual interesting aspects of a Momokuro song.

DJ Goto Mariko's album got a trailer.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2328

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I went to a live performance by these guys by chance and ended up falling in love with them. Their name is HONEBONE.

OP
OP
nsilvias

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
This might barely count as japanese music but Mark De Clive Lowe who some of you may know if you listen to nujazz recently collaborated on an album with a bunch of diiferent players from the japanese jazz scene new and old. He worked with Kohei Ando (MELRAW) Shun Ishiwaka (CRCK/LCKS), Sauce 81, Hikaru Arata (WONK), and then some members from Kyoto Jazz Massive, Cro Magnon, Rootsoul and Sleep Walker.

OP
OP
nsilvias

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
Any good electronic music this year? preferably no kawaii bass
i really like hakushi hasegawa. dude has a crazy sound

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Any good electronic music this year? preferably no kawaii bass

Chouchou!

They generally mix electronica with some nice piano melodies. This album in particular is their "experimental album", but their songs generally are pretty similar to these.

They'll release another album in December, as part of their "theme" series, from which came my favorite song of theirs:

i really like hakushi hasegawa. dude has a crazy sound

This song in particular has a strong breakcore vibes. This year, Suiyoubi no Canpanella's producer, Kenmochi Hidefumi, released an album in that vein:

There's also Laxenanchaos, but the EP he released this year sucks compared to last year's album he released with Virgin Babylon Records. The only song I liked from that was this:

ManniUncanny

Oct 27, 2017
Chouchou!

They generally mix electronica with some nice piano melodies. This album in particular is their "experimental album", but their songs generally are pretty similar to these.

They'll release another album in December, as part of their "theme" series, from which came my favorite song of theirs:

This is some great music. Wasn't something I would actively search for, so thanks!

Spotify only has 2 albums, but I like that Oort seems to get crazier with every track.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Mandatory Orchestra-like song for EMPiRE's upcoming album. Cool song, but I hope there's more EDM tunes on it!

New Miyuna yeeeeees

OP
OP
nsilvias

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what kawaii bass is but Pasocom Ongaku Club released an amazing album. Hasegawa is on it actually, doing the vocals for the last song.
Chouchou!

This song in particular has a strong breakcore vibes. This year, Suiyoubi no Canpanella's producer, Kenmochi Hidefumi, released an album in that vein:

There's also Laxenanchaos, but the EP he released this year sucks compared to last year's album he released with Virgin Babylon Records. The only song I liked from that was this:

Thanx i'll check these out!

OP
OP
nsilvias

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
Shun Ishiwaka (CRCK/LCKS drummer) is releasing an album on December 4th under the name Answer to Remember
2019-11-25_08.32.24_spincoaster.com_79e97384edbd.png

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

Has this band been posted before? Relaxing. Some of their songs have some bangin' bass, too.
Shun Ishiwaka (CRCK/LCKS drummer) is releasing an album on December 4th under the name Answer to Remember
2019-11-25_08.32.24_spincoaster.com_79e97384edbd.png
I was wondering why I could only listen to three of the songs on that album the other day. I didn't realize that the album wasn't even out! Kurita , this was the album I was getting that error from. The error should've told me the real reason!

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Got this in my Youtube recs

It's not bad, but we're in late 2019, Yorushika and ZutoMayo are already huge so it just sounds kinda generic... Think we've got enough "Vocaloid-like songs but with a real vocalist + Anime music videos".

Last edited:
OP
OP
nsilvias

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
12/18
new Showmore album "too close to know"
the tweet for this announcement wont load for me >.>

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn, I didn't know about any of these, Christmas came early!

(also I really need a better way to keep track of upcoming Japanese releases)

OP
OP
nsilvias

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
not sure if this has been posted already but seiho put out a split ep with matthewdavid on leaving records this month.
its a return to a more familiar seiho imo.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
AOTY 2020 just got announced.
Definitely getting the limited edition that comes with their Studio Coast show.

They've also announced their first arena shows, nice.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
eh, that last king gnu album wasn't great imo. the first was amazing and i was so let down by sympa.
Loved every single minute of it!

Man, January is already looking amazing, a lot of albums to look forward to : King Gnu, Shishamo, Ame no Parade, Kyuso Nekokami, Polkadot Stingray, XIIX's first album, Cider Girl, Necry Talkie's major debut album, Fabled Number, Survive Said The Prophet.

Last edited:

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

--

I forget. What happened to ・・・・・・・・・? They're on hiatus or they broke up? (also why?)

Last edited:

stump sock

Oct 25, 2017
they broke up but in an incredibly cryptic fashion, saying something about other planes of existence or something stupid like that

the real reason is that they dwindled from like 8 members to 2 or 3 and then just fizzled out

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
chelmico are doing the OP for the anime adaptation of Eizouken ni ha te wo dasuna!, can't wait to hear it.
Rachel is a big fan of the director.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
they broke up but in an incredibly cryptic fashion, saying something about other planes of existence or something stupid like that

the real reason is that they dwindled from like 8 members to 2 or 3 and then just fizzled out
So lame. I need more.
chelmico are doing the OP for the anime adaptation of Eizouken ni ha te wo dasuna!, can't wait to hear it.
Rachel is a big fan of the director.

Yuasa is the best! I like his movies.