• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Favorite new song on Genie High's album
Ikkyu and Aina The End's voices go so well together

This sounds nothing like the other Genie High songs I've listened before. How close is the rest of the album to this song?
I expected all their songs to be like ジェニーハイのテーマ or ジェニーハイラプソディー, but this sounds like a tamer Gesu

Last edited:

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Favorite new song on Genie High's album
Ikkyu and Aina The End's voices go so well together

This is so good. The entire album is going right at 834.194's throat for my album of the year.

Edit: I found a live version of the song!

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
This sounds nothing like the other Genie High songs I've listened before. How close is the rest of the album to this song?
I expected all their songs to be like ジェニーハイのテーマ or ジェニーハイラプソディー, but this sounds like a tamer Gesu
It's like half "wacky" songs/half Gesu/Dadaray-ish songs (so was their first mini-album)

Here's a couple of other songs from the album

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
There's this new channel called THE FIRST TAKE that recently started, where artists come perform. Very simple camerawork, it's just them standing in front of the mic. The first two artists were my boy Rude-α, and adieu/Kamishiraishi Moka.

Most recent one is Cö shu Nie's vocalist

OP
OP
nsilvias

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
Tomomi Oda (CRCK/LCKS vocalist and keys) is now a member of the band spank happy under the name Final Spank Happy

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
New Gesu no Kiwami Otome song should be out worldwide tomorrow. It's called Killer Ball wo mou ichido (lit. Killer Ball One More Time).
Already listened to it thanks to JP Apple Music, and it's a super catchy/jazzy track.
Hope we get a full album early 2020!

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
What's the official release date for Tokyo Shoegazer's new album? Will it be on their usual bandcamp?

Wait, what? I saw they released a new single, but they also announced an album?
EDIT: Just saw on their twitter they finished mastering a new album on November 7th. Super hyped now.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Wait, what? I saw they released a new single, but they also announced an album?
EDIT: Just saw on their twitter they finished mastering a new album on November 7th. Super hyped now.
Yeah!!! They haven't given a date yet from what I can tell, but I think the album leaked online. I wanna buy it, and the wait is killing me knowing that people are listening to it.
New Gesu no Kiwami Otome song should be out worldwide tomorrow. It's called Killer Ball wo mou ichido (lit. Killer Ball One More Time).
Already listened to it thanks to JP Apple Music, and it's a super catchy/jazzy track.

Thanks. Listening now.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017

Just listened to it. So good. Next album is going to be amazing.
IMO キラーボールをもう一度 > 透明な嵐 > ドグマン > 秘めない私

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this was talked about already (and I don't know exactly what week it was released), but I quite like the new promo single by Perfume.

"Saisei"

Edit: Been listening on repeat like 12 times now lol. Yeah I like it a lot I guess.

Last edited:

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Just learned April Blue released their first full length today. Nice to see they didn't take long to release an album. Gonna try to listen to it tomorrow if I find the time between HAMIDASYSTEM and vivid undress (this month, man... o(≧∇≦o))

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
Wondering if somebody here can help me.

A few months ago I listened to a track on YouTube and I really dug it. I'm not sure if it was a new song at the time or one that was like a year old.

It was 2 japanese (I think rappers) singers in a car driving around at night and it was a pretty chill song (in my opinion anyways).

Can't remember their name for the life of me.

EDIT: Sorry, found it on an earlier page.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Wondering if somebody here can help me.

A few months ago I listened to a track on YouTube and I really dug it. I'm not sure if it was a new song at the time or one that was like a year old.

It was 2 japanese (I think rappers) singers in a car driving around at night and it was a pretty chill song (in my opinion anyways).

Can't remember their name for the life of me.

EDIT: Sorry, found it on an earlier page.

SUSHIBOYS are great, check out their latest album if you haven't already! Came out a few weeks ago.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Man this collab between Ame no Parade and the phenomenal rap trio Dos Monos is giving me life.
Think I've listened to it 20 times already.
The song is based on Death Stranding, though they admit that they wrote it after watching the confusing trailers so the final game is a bit different than what they imagined lol

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
New millennium parade (the side project of King Gnu's mastermind Tsuneta).

He did a show today that was apparently pretty insane where the entire audience had 3D glasses to watch it. This dude (and King Gnu by extension) is going to do big things, I absolutely can't wait to see how the landscape of Japanese music is going to change in the next decade. There has never been a better time to be a J-Music fan.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Can't wait for the album! Might grab the limited edition since it comes with a full live show.

Listed my 50 favorite albums/EPs of 2019. Not a ranking, though I guess I unconsciously put what I enjoyed the most first.
Here's the Youtube playlist that goes with it because I'm too lazy to add an individual link for every release lol

• Mom - Detox
  • ONE OK ROCK - Eye of the Storm
  • the HIATUS - Our Secret Spot
  • KEYTALK - DON'T STOP THE MUSIC
  • Sakanaction - 834.194
  • Dos Monos - Dos City
  • King Gnu - Sympa
  • Aimyon - Shunkanteki Sixth Sense
  • Mukai Taichi - Savage
  • KOTORI - REVIVAL
  • My Hair is Bad - boys
  • KANDYTOWN - ADVISORY
  • SANABAGUN. - BALLADS
  • Suda Masaki - LOVE
  • Genie High - Genie High Story
  • indigo la End - Nureteyuku Shishōsetsu
  • Official Higedandism - Travelers
  • VaVa - VVORLD
  • Haruka Mirai - Eien no Hana
  • Hitorie - HOWLS
  • Suchmos - THE ANYMAL
  • Nulbarich - Blank Envelope
  • Creepy Nuts - Yofukashi no Uta
  • BiSH - CARROTS and STiCKS
  • Mrs. GREEN APPLE - Attitude
  • Miyuna - Yurareru
  • SIRUP - FEEL GOOD
  • 2 - Sei to Shi
  • Frederic - Frederhythm 2
  • OKAMOTO'S - BOY
  • WANIMA - COMINATCHA!!
  • UVERworld - UNSER
  • Tempalay - 21 seiki yori ai wo komete
  • BUMP OF CHICKEN - aurora arc
  • WILYWNKA - PAUSE
  • CVLTE - CVLTE
  • Slimcat - Bleachers
  • SEKAI NO OWARI - Lip/Eye
  • FOMARE - FORCE
  • Sato Chiaki - PLANET
  • back number - MAGIC
  • Okamoto Koki - GIRL
  • Mega Shinnosuke - HONNE
  • The Floor - nest
  • Macaroni Empitsu - season
  • BBHF - Family
  • TENDRE - IN SIGHT
  • Rude-α - 22
  • go!go!vanillas - THE WORLD
  • the engy - Talking about a Talk

Overall an amazing year, with a good amount of promising newcomers.

Deleted member 60729

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 20, 2019
This is my friend I introduced to Japanese music recently. She got super into it and found tons of bands on her own really quickly! So proud of you!
Awww! ☺️

Thank you, though. I had been bored with new music for a while, and it turns out I was looking in the wrong places. Thanks for the guidance!

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Well, to the surprise of no one, Keyakizaka46's 9th single has been delayed. No winter 2019 release as they initially announced.
According to rumors they reshot the music video entirely because Hirate wasn't really satisfied (given how many people like to trash her I don't know if I believe it).

There's gonna be a huge gap between the 8th single (released in February) and the 9th single, that's pretty much unheard of for a big idol group.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Billboard Japan recently released the top 20 artists of the year (november 2018 to november 2019). Data used : physical sales, digital sales, streaming, videos, radio plays etc...

1. Aimyon
  2. Yonezu Kenshi
  3. Official Higedandism
  4. Arashi
  5. TWICE
  6. back number
  7. ONE OK ROCK
  8. Queen
  9. Nogizaka46
  10. BTS
  11. RADWIMPS
  12. King Gnu
  13. Hoshino Gen
  14. Suda Masaki
  15. Mrs.GREEN APPLE
  16. King & Prince
  17. WANIMA
  18. DA PUMP
  19. Keyakizaka46
  20. Hinatazaka46
Arashi used to be in the latter half, but since they're finally available on streaming services it definitely helped.
Not being on streaming services is pretty much what prevented Yonezu Kenshi from getting the 1st place. Wouldn't be surprised to see RADWIMPS a bit higher too, since you can't stream their works in Japan (but you overseas, go figure).
Queen being at number 8 shows how huge Bohemian Rapsody was lol

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
New Cider Girl

Regal Lily will drop their first full album on Feb.5. I knew they joined Sony's label Ki/oon with their most recent single but I didn't realize they were part of Office Augusta (the company that manages Sukima Switch, Motohiro Hata, Takehara Pistol etc...).

Last edited:

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Regal Lily will drop their first full album on Feb.5. I knew they joined Sony's label Ki/oon with their most recent single but I didn't realize they were part of Office Augusta (the company that manages Sukima Switch, Motohiro Hata, Takehara Pistol etc...).

They also dropped this MV:

Been meaning to check them out, seems like a good opportunity. This song and the one they did for the Aku no Hana film sounds great.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
New episode of THE FIRST TAKE, this time it's Ishizaki Huwie performing Sayonara Elegy (the massive hit he wrote for Suda Masaki).
I guess this channel is a Sony thing since all of the artists that performed so far are from Sony. Hope this means we get King Gnu soon.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
I like the new Perfume song, although it could have used less old MV scenes and more dancing parts

Kumi's re(CORD) album was a mess as usual, but somehow it ended up in my Spotify year end results. She really has me whipped since 2008

za11mNv.jpg