• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
what I've heard of the new album has surprised me. good on them for evolving and not just going stale
I've never paid much attention to them but I just had to listen to this album, there's just so many artists I like that worked on it : Polkadot Stingray, iri, Hattori from Macaroni Empitsu, Vicke Blanka, Kawatani Enon, Ishizaki Huwie.

I'll give a shot to their older albums at some point.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Damn, NHK aren't fucking around for the Olympic year, they're getting a collaboration between Arashi and Yonezu Kenshi for their sports programs.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand the weird Japanese music obsession with denying anything that came before your major label signing. "1st album"?

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I don't understand the weird Japanese music obsession with denying anything that came before your major label signing. "1st album"?
I assume you're talking about tricot. It's their first major label album. I don't know why they're not releasing on their own label, Bakuretsu, anymore. Now they're at a sub-label of avex and cutting edge called 8902 RECORDS.

Deleted member 60729

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 20, 2019
I assume you're talking about tricot. It's their first major label album. I don't know why they're not releasing on their own label, Bakuretsu, anymore. Now they're at a sub-label of avex and cutting edge called 8902 RECORDS.
Do you know if 8902 stuff gets very good distribution in the US? The, And, and 3 are all on US iTunes, along with EPs, singles, and even their live Audiotree set, but there's music from other bands on bigger labels that is frustratingly absent. I hope this won't be a situation where the band moving to a bigger label results in less accessibility in the west.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Do you know if 8902 stuff gets very good distribution in the US? The, And, and 3 are all on US iTunes, but there's music from other bands on bigger labels that is frustratingly absent. I hope this won't be a situation where the band moving to a bigger label results in less accessibility in the west.
Oh. After looking into it, 8902 is tricot's own label, but it's under a major label. 8902 is a pun on alternate pronunciations of the numbers to sound similar to Bakuretsu. I think the only precedent would be their single release, so yes!

Makes sense, now that I think about it. avex would definitely have wide distribution, and tricot has an international fanbase.

Deleted member 60729

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 20, 2019
IncredibleSevereFiddlercrab-size_restricted.gif

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't count on anything that would have them be more limited in the west. They've been pretty adamant about seeking a global audience as they were playing outside of Japan going back to like 2013 or so. I became aware of them because they were showing up to a festival that was nearby where I was living at the time.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Do you know if 8902 stuff gets very good distribution in the US? The, And, and 3 are all on US iTunes, along with EPs, singles, and even their live Audiotree set, but there's music from other bands on bigger labels that is frustratingly absent. I hope this won't be a situation where the band moving to a bigger label results in less accessibility in the west.

Aside from the stuff other people already mentioned, 3 was the first album tricot put out in Europe and the U.S. in collaboration with Western labels (Topshelf in the States, I forget what the European label was). I would hope that tricot having their own label under avex means they retain the ability to make deals like that if needed, but who knows.

ScottNak

Oct 27, 2017
Oof... abandoned this thread for too long.
Were you able to catch the Hinata Xmas Live Kurita ? So happy that they were able to stream it.

And of course that surprise announcement at the end ♫

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Oof... abandoned this thread for too long.
Were you able to catch the Hinata Xmas Live Kurita ? So happy that they were able to stream it.

And of course that surprise announcement at the end ♫
Unfortunately I couldn't... I'll try to find it somewhere, heard it was crazy.
Also I'm legit considering going to Japan next december for that Tokyo Dome show lol

Looking forward to their 4th single in february! Hope the delayed Keyakizaka single drops around the same time.

ScottNak

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately I couldn't... I'll try to find it somewhere, heard it was crazy.
Also I'm legit considering going to Japan next december for that Tokyo Dome show lol

Looking forward to their 4th single in february! Hope the delayed Keyakizaka single drops around the same time.
Sure hope we can see Mao & Hiyori back by then!! (Getting dome tickets would be amazing...)
Kyonko uploaded a photo with Kage & Hiyori (I'm convincing myself Mao was there too but wasn't allowed to be in the photo...)

As for keyaki, really do hope they get their next single out sooner than later :/

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Oh shit, Hirate will perform her solo song Kado wo magaru during Music Station's Super Live. Didn't see that coming.

Also the songs for Kohaku have been unveiled : Keyaki will do Fukyowaon!!

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
THE ORAL CIGARETTES announced the release of their 5th album SUCK MY WORLD. No release date yet, but it's gonna be out before their arena tour that starts in May.
Super stoked. Their albums are usually 10 songs long, this time it's 15 so I'm expecting a fairly ambitious work.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Johnny's showing another sign of progress : the MV for the debut singles of Snow Man and SixTONES are on Youtube

D.D. is such a banger

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Man, Keyakizaka46's performance of Kuroi Hitsuji during today's Music Station was so good, didn't expect them to recreate the music video. Love all the tweaks they've made for every performance throughout the year. This version was quite something... That ending where Sugai comes forward to hug Kobayashi, followed by the other members while Hirate stands alone. Damn.

And a couple of hours later, Hirate performed her solo song Kado wo magaru, picking up right after the ending of Kuroi Hitsuji symbolizing like the rebirth of Hirate.

(click the tweets to see the other parts)

Both songs ending with a misty-eyed Hirate was powerful.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Happy new year, my friends! I've spent most of the last decade chatting with y'all, and now we enter another one! I hope everything goes excellently for everyone in 2020 and forever after!

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Happy new year〜

Very excited for XIIX's debut album coming out in a couple of weeks. Great to hear Saito (Unison Square Garden) going for a way different sound with this project.