• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Haven't listened to any JP music or gone to any concert I was planing to go after a very bad experience I had on a concert back in October. Probably won't go to The Birthday x Monoeyes concert either...
Anyways, is there any good songs that have been released lately?
Plenty of good new stuff posted on this page!
I've been mainly listening to the latest songs by XIIX, King Gnu, Polkadot Stingray, BREIMEN, SHIFT_CONTROL.

nocontent

Dec 29, 2017
Haven't listened to any JP music or gone to any concert I was planing to go after a very bad experience I had on a concert back in October. Probably won't go to The Birthday x Monoeyes concert either...
Anyways, is there any good songs that have been released lately?
Plenty of good new stuff posted on this page!
I've been mainly listening to the latest songs by XIIX, King Gnu, Polkadot Stingray, BREIMEN, SHIFT_CONTROL.

As Kurita suggested, just scroll throuh the pages, many posts are about new releases.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad Wonderland wasn't a one-off and that iri finally gets to have full videos on YouTube. Death to short videos!

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
need a new release like yesterday!
They've been appearing quite a bit on TV lately, 2020 should be a great year for them

I'm glad Wonderland wasn't a one-off and that iri finally gets to have full videos on YouTube. Death to short videos!

They've even uploaded the full version of the song Aitaiwa (that doesn't even have a MV) because it's now a popular song to use on TikTok in Japan lol

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Didn't expect the MV for Hinatazaka46's Seishun no Uma this quick

New MV by Official Higedandism. Props for including a lesbian couple.

The new DAOKO produced by Obukuro Nariaki is great, gonna shake my butt the whole month listening to it

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's been 5 years and it's 2020. Both neat round numbers for Yousei Teikoku to release a new album. That this was already 5 years ago is a travesty, man.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
It's been 5 years and it's 2020. Both neat round numbers for Yousei Teikoku to release a new album. That this was already 5 years ago is a travesty, man.

Your name and avatar tell me you're a fan. I bet their shows are fun. I used to go to see some Visual Kei/Power Metal bands like Jupiter in Japan, and the shows were a blast.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Your name and avatar tell me you're a fan. I bet their shows are fun. I used to go to see some Visual Kei/Power Metal bands like Jupiter in Japan, and the shows were a blast.

I used to have quite an obsession with them so when it's one of the usernames I have going around. Nowadays I listen to them less, a combination of them not releasing much new music, them not being on the platform I use the most (Spotify - I mean they are there but not available in my region) and having listened to all their stuff to death, hehe. I never had the chance to see them live because they've never been anywhere near me, and I'm not the kind of person that would use hundreds/thousands of Euros for plane tickets and such for a single concert. Not judging those who do but it's a hard investment for me. If they happen to come to a nearby country in Europe I'll definitely check them out, I saw live footage of them and they're a riot.

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any good place I can buy JP albums digitally without too much hassle? I'm trying to buy an album and it's proving to be quite the challenge. I already imported the album a few years ago but it got damaged during a move and I would buy it again but I don't even have a cd drive to rip it or listen to it lol. The album is on iTunes and Amazon JP but I can't buy it outside of Japan.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Is there any good place I can buy JP albums digitally without too much hassle? I'm trying to buy an album and it's proving to be quite the challenge. I already imported the album a few years ago but it got damaged during a move and I would buy it again but I don't even have a cd drive to rip it or listen to it lol. The album is on iTunes and Amazon JP but I can't buy it outside of Japan.

For iTunes all you need to do is make a Japanese account and add a Japanese points card (bought on Play-Asia for instance).

Same for Amazon JP. They have an option to directly recharge your balance using any credit card. IIIRC you might need to switch to a Japanese IP address when you finalize the album order.

You can also check if it's on Ototoy too.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
These young dudes are pretty promising, they sound like the sons of Crossfaith and Crystal Lake

After Official Higedandism, it's Hoshino Gen's turn to have gay couples in his music video. Nice.

Last edited:

Deleted member 41980

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 11, 2018
chicago, il

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Man, King Gnu's new album CEREMONY was my most hyped of the month and it didn't disappoint.

All the individual songs are god-tier on their own, but reading their interview with Rolling Stone Japan made me realize how important Danjo is to close the album. It's the only non tie-up song (aside from the self-cover Overflow and the interludes), which allows Tsuneta to do something extremely personal, adding that needed gravitas to the whole album.

He explained that 2019 was a tough year, since they never expected to blow up the way they did. They were exhausted, and Tsuneta was legitimately thinking about putting an end to King Gnu right after their Kohaku performance. This is basically what Danjo is about, and it's just a brilliant song.

Anyways, I know I'll be thinking about this album for a loooooong time.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017

From the former Shiggy Jr. members. Same vibes, but Tomoko's vocals is sorely missed.

Did not expect the first post-Shiggy Jr. stuff to come from the rest of the band as opposed to Tomoko. This seems closer to their early material, which I like; less glossy production, doesn't lean heavily into dance-pop territory.

It's no Saturday Night to Sunday Morning, though!

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Great performance by King Gnu on today's Music Station. Love that they're wearing the outfits from the MV. They're one of the few artists that avoid using a cover track for the instruments during TV appearances (I get why people do though, it's less of a burden on the staff's side)

Last edited:

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Great performance by King Gnu on today's Music Station. Love that they're wearing the outfits from the MV. They're one of the few artists that avoid using a cover track for the instruments during TV appearances (I get why people do though, it's less of a burden on the staff's side)

I've listened to this song so many times. So good.

Sounds like they still have some vocal backing track for the chorus, but good they actually play their instruments. Lame that many bands don't.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Obsessed with Snow Man's coupling song from their debut single and its dance routine.
Sooooo good.

I'm really looking forward to what Johnny's groups got in store for this decade.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
is there a general 'best' option for buying mp3s of japanese music? Mostly 80s/90s jpop and not anything I can find on UK itunes so I assume I have to go through Japanese services which is fine and I can use a VPN if needed.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
is there a general 'best' option for buying mp3s of japanese music? Mostly 80s/90s jpop and not anything I can find on UK itunes so I assume I have to go through Japanese services which is fine and I can use a VPN if needed.
See my earlier post

For iTunes all you need to do is make a Japanese account and add a Japanese points card (bought on Play-Asia for instance).

Same for Amazon JP. They have an option to directly recharge your balance using any credit card. IIIRC you might need to switch to a Japanese IP address when you finalize the album order.

You can also check if it's on Ototoy too.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
thanks. for itunes and amazon we have credit as we use to buy kindle books and magazines from the app store. Whats the cleanest way to switch reginos on itunes - I have access to ipad, windows PC and my work MBP. Can I do it all through a browser?
Not sure the iTunes store is fully functional on browser, you'll have to use the application.
I haven't used iTunes on a computer in a minute so I hope they haven't changed how it works.
You should have a button at the bottom of the front page with your country's flag. Just click on it, and you'll be able to switch region.
You do need to make a new account, since these become region locked once you pick the country during the sign up process. Can't use your UK account.
No VPN needed.

Also the interface might switch to Japanese? If you've got any issues just shoot me a PM, I'll guide you.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
New milet.
Ready to see her blowing up in 2020.

yonige announced the release of a new full album, hell yeah. We're also getting their Budokan show on DVD the same day.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
New MV by [Alexandros].

They're also celebrating the 10th anniversary of their debut (the band was formed in 2001 but it's only in 2010 that they finally got signed by a label), here's to a few more decades! They'll always be one of my most beloved bands.

ScottNak

Oct 27, 2017
Audio track for Hinata's Sonnakotonayo was released yesterday... very interesting song style!
Everyone saying it's very AKB/SKE-y. Can't wait for the MV~

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Holy shit at these Keyakizaka46 news

Hirate is leaving, so are Oda and Suzumoto
I'm at loss for words

The wording is very specific too : Oda and Suzumoto are graduating (sotsugyo卒業), while Hirate is leaving (dattai脱退)
Not really sure what that implies tbh

Last edited:

ScottNak

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit at these Keyakizaka46 news

Hirate is leaving, so are Oda and Suzumoto
I'm at loss for words

The wording is very specific too : Oda and Suzumoto are graduating (sotsugyo卒業), while Hirate is leaving (dattai脱退)
Not really what that implies tbh
卒業 vs 脱退... very curious why the difference in wording for sure....