• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Maaaan, if this means that Kado wo Magaru is the last music video we see her in...
The feels

Former Dempagumi member Moga giving her two cents on the difference between 卒業 and 脱退. She did the latter, saying that she stopped because she couldn't keep up physically and mentally. Maybe that's the same for Hirate given all of her injuries.

Last edited:

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Hope Techi is ok. She has worked so hard for Keyakizaka and I'm kinda worried about her.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Today's Girls Locks where Hirate announces her departure. Hearing her sobbing after Kuroi Hitsuji is killing me aaaaah
She won't talk about the details right now, maybe in the near future. At least she said that she'll be doing her radio show as usual next month.
I'm actually wondering if she'll stick around the entertainment industry, maybe as an actress?

Honestly, I always thought it would end suddenly like this with Hirate. So despite the initial shock I'm like "Well, yeah, there was no other way". That's part of the story. lol
Hope she'll be happy! Same for Oda and Suzumoto.

Last edited:

Bloodforge

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
I'm surprised it took Hirate this long considering all the shit she gets from haters for just existing because management keeps pushing her. I would have noped out years ago.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
I'm liking Reol's new album. Un, deux, trois is my favorite track.
Yeah I think that's my fav track too, great album.

I'm surprised it took Hirate this long considering all the shit she gets from haters for just existing because management keeps pushing her. I would have noped out years ago.

It was a wild ride.

On one hand, I was thinking "Should they really be putting the spotlight that much on her?". The few times she couldn't perform, Habu, Risa, Kobayashi, Suzumoto... showed that they could nail the center position.

On the other hand whenever she'd came back I was like "Oh right, that's why she's the center". She's got that IT factor, that charisma, I just can't look away, and I can't imagine her not being the heroine of the whole thing. Putting her in a different position would just feel weird.
It's a mix of "well, that's because we're used to seeing her as the center" and "yeah, but she's also on a whole other level".

I don't really know how to process it, I've been thinking about this the whole day lol
Like... she's the one of the main reasons why Keyakizaka46 are Keyakizaka46. She's why I got into them and into idols in general. I'll never forget the impact she had on me.
And at the same time, to quote an infamous game review, "Hirate's only problem is that she's almost too good". I feel like the only way the group can evolve and go the next level is by parting ways with Hirate. Maybe they'll just fade away, who knows.

I dunno, I'm just rambling and sounding like a disgusting wota (I guess I am, but I don't want to admit it!) at this point... lol

So yeah, I'm both gutted, and incredibly curious to see what happens from now on. What does a post-Hirate Keyakizaka46 look like. Wait and see.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Yeah I think that's my fav track too, great album.

It was a wild ride.

On one hand, I was thinking "Should they really be putting the spotlight that much on her?". The few times she couldn't perform, Habu, Risa, Kobayashi, Suzumoto... showed that they could nail the center position.

On the other hand whenever she'd came back I was like "Oh right, that's why she's the center". She's got that IT factor, that charisma, I just can't look away, and I can't imagine her not being the heroine of the whole thing. Putting her in a different position would just feel weird.
It's a mix of "well, that's because we're used to seeing her as the center" and "yeah, but she's also on a whole other level".

I don't really know how to process it, I've been thinking about this the whole day lol
Like... she's the one of the main reasons why Keyakizaka46 are Keyakizaka46. She's why I got into them and into idols in general. I'll never forget the impact she had on me.
And at the same time, to quote an infamous game review, "Hirate's only problem is that she's almost too good". I feel like the only way the group can evolve and go the next level is by parting ways with Hirate. Maybe they'll just fade away, who knows.

I dunno, I'm just rambling and sounding like a disgusting wota (I guess I am, but I don't want to admit it!) at this point... lol

So yeah, I'm both gutted, and incredibly curious to see what happens from now on. What does a post-Hirate Keyakizaka46 look like. Wait and see.
Never seen you write up so much about news like this. I only listen to a few of their songs, but I can imagine it really sucks for the fans.

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
West coast rejoice. Other peculiar states get their fill too. East coast and true midwest am cry

83210241_3263164810377648_3060135349104672768_o.jpg

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
[Alexandros]'s drummer Satoyasu is leaving the band later this year. He was diagnosed with focal dystonia last year and couldn't perform anymore.
Pretty sure that's also what Radwimps's drummer Yamaguchi got (he's been out since 2015, wonder if he'll come back at some point)

Finally some good news, Sunny Car Wash are back

Last edited:

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
My dad told me I could jump on his Spotify family plan, so I switched my account to American. I guess I'm back on Spotify. If any of you are open to sharing your account names so I can see what you're listening to, I'd appreciate that!

I honestly do like Spotify a lot more than Apple Music. I listen to music a lot at my computer, and I like having distinct programs where one is all the music I own and the other is music I stream. I find it easier to organize and keep track of things. Also, Apple Music on PC is just kinda all-around slow. Starting songs has a bit of buffering lag, and searching around doesn't feel as simple as Spotify. I also find it easier to use playlists. Still on my Apple Music trial, though, so I have both for a couple months!

Last edited:

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So, my first post in this thread....

Been waiting for X-Japan's album way longer than it took me to make my first post.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Super Beaver's Shibuya is starting a solo project.
First single produced by Mop of Head's George.

Oisicle Melonpan need to drop a full album stat

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Damn, why am I only discovering this dude now, this is so good

The MV for Ame no Parade's collab with Dos Monos is finally out. Hands down my favorite Ame no Parade song ever, I was so hyped when they announced they were working with Dos Monos. Listened to that song like 60 or so times ever since its release last month.
It's a must-listen.

Last edited:

Zojirushi

Oct 26, 2017
Hello, I'm currently looking for some real japanese ass japanese music, like samurai walking underneath cherry blossoms in slow motion type music if you know what I mean ;) Any recommendations?

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Hello, I'm currently looking for some real japanese ass japanese music, like samurai walking underneath cherry blossoms in slow motion type music if you know what I mean ;) Any recommendations?

Not my usual wheelhouse so hard to suggest anything, but I wonder if you might find something of worth in Wednesday Campanella's most recent EP, Yakushima Treasure?

Note that this is a big shift in their sound, and almost doesn't even count as a Wednesday Campanella release (the usual producer Hidefumi apparently had nothing to do with this EP). So if you do end up liking this, you can't really go back through their catalog to find more of the same.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Another good week of releases to end the first month of 2020

Necry Talkie's major debut album doesn't seem to be available outside of Japan, but if you get a chance to listen to it it's great.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
New Akai-Koen. Currently used as the ED for the anime Drifting Dragons.
They've also announced the release of a full album on April 15. Their output since their new vocalist joined/their move to Sony has been so good, I can't wait.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Kurita I love that Spotify playlist you posted a page or two back. I've been playing through it all week and discovering so many new artists. Thanks for that!

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Kurita I love that Spotify playlist you posted a page or two back. I've been playing through it all week and discovering so many new artists. Thanks for that!
Happy to hear that👍🏻 Any new artists you've enjoyed in particular?

I've also started a 2020 playlist. I put singles, and like 2 songs from every album/EP I've liked.
Should be a good way to stay in the loop since I pretty much update it every week with new releases.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Happy to hear that👍🏻 Any new artists you've enjoyed in particular?

I've also started a 2020 playlist. I put singles, and like 2 songs from every album/EP I've liked.
Should be a good way to stay in the loop since I pretty much update it every week with new releases.

Gave this a follow over at Spotify, will check it out from time to time. Thanks!

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Gave this a follow over at Spotify, will check it out from time to time. Thanks!
No problem buddy, hope you'll discover new cool stuff thanks to this👍🏻
Always doing my best to share what I like to more people, it's not easy for everyone to dig into Japanese music/check the latest and upcoming acts because of the language barrier and all.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For those interested, there's a "new" MOMOIRO CLOVER Z album, available on Spotify as well. I say "new" because it's mainly new versions of classic songs.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
indigo la End teased the release of their 6th album.
They say it's gonna be out "when it gets cold" so I guess this autumn. (we're in the middle of winter tho!)

Last edited:

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
indigo la End teased the release of their 6th album.
They say it's gonna be out "when it gets cold" so I guess this autumn. (we're in the middle of winter tho!)

Just saw this, Enon is crazy. Any year with new Gesu and new indigo albums is a great year. and hopefully an ichikoro album too >.>

stump sock

Oct 25, 2017
looks like Avandoned are finally throwing in the towel

6 years is a long time for any group, hope Beni carries on in her inimitable way in some form or another (is the Childish Tones collab an ongoing thing?)
here's their lovely final single Margaret which was released last summer

group has been in a state of falling apart for the better part of 4 years but I'm stoked I got to see them live and cover jun togawa with hijokaidan no less

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
hey thread, it's been a minute

Youtube recommends sent me to Mol74 which is a nice... well I think of them as shoegazey which I'm into. Good match with my endlessly looping Supercar playlists

I was recently relistening to my Charisma.com albums, if I'm after fast-fire female rap vocals where should I head? Easy Breezy (the new Eizoken OP) is pretty close to what I'm looking for I think, might check out their other stuff.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
New Hentai Shinshi Club, it's been a while!

Senbatsu members for Nogizaka46's 25th single, Shiraishi Mai's last one. All the remaining 1st gen members are on the the 1st and 2nd lane, while the 3rd lane is a mix of 2nd, 3rd and 4th gen.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
hey thread, it's been a minute

Youtube recommends sent me to Mol74 which is a nice... well I think of them as shoegazey which I'm into. Good match with my endlessly looping Supercar playlists

mol-74 are fantastic. Had the chance to saw them at Viva La Rock in 2017, and the first notes ofエイプリル made me cry lol

As for female rappers, can't really think of many aside from 4s4ki

Last edited:

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
I was recently relistening to my Charisma.com albums, if I'm after fast-fire female rap vocals where should I head? Easy Breezy (the new Eizoken OP) is pretty close to what I'm looking for I think, might check out their other stuff.

maybe look into the whole Koutei Camera thing? there's been various lineups & group names, lots of genres and styles covered, but basically the same production staff throughout
e.g.
Koutei Camera Girl Drei

Koutei Camera Gal

Koutei Camera Actress