• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I was recently relistening to my Charisma.com albums, if I'm after fast-fire female rap vocals where should I head? Easy Breezy (the new Eizoken OP) is pretty close to what I'm looking for I think, might check out their other stuff.

Since someone's already posted Koutei Camera * stuff, I feel like ame to kanmuri also works:

By far my favourite of that constellation of bands/artists. Less rapid-fire/aggressive than Charisma.com, though.

nocontent

Dec 29, 2017
One of my favorite bands ever👍🏻
Saw them at Ebisu Liquidroom back in 2017 while they were in their EDM phase and it was a lot of fun.

I kind of rediscovered them through your playlist on spotify which you posted for someone some pages ago. I think it was バックパック from opportunity and that energy got me hooked again :)

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
I kind of rediscovered them through your playlist on spotify which you posted for someone some pages ago. I think it was バックパック from opportunity and that energy got me hooked again :)

Opportunity might be favorite album overall.
Their pretty big discography is always a pleasure to go back to (I have to admit that it also backfires sometimes, with songs sounding a bit too samey. But hey, still a blast)

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the hot recs. I'll actually note them down this time instead of losing them in this thread and its unloadable mass of dregs/youtube links that lag the shit out of my phone, lol.

Also whats the best kana-boon album that isn't TIME because I have that one and it didn't do it for me? I tend to love their singles but i kinda got burned on TIME. not sure why

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Also whats the best kana-boon album that isn't TIME because I have that one and it didn't do it for me? I tend to love their singles but i kinda got burned on TIME. not sure why
Doppel or Namida. Time is my favorite album tho :(
Though if you like their singles you might as well wait a month, they're releasing a best-of on March 4th

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
I discovered Gen Hoshino the other day and wow I really like his stuff I've been on a binge listening the last few days.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Wait, what? Tokyo Jihen had a new song? Did anyone post it?
Not here, but someone made a thread in OT when they announced their return last month.

For all my fellow Arashi fans out there, all of their albums will be on streaming platforms tomorrow! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
They have so many great stuff outside of their singles so that's cool.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
ミズニ ウキクサ dropped two new songs today, both amazing.
They really need to release an album this year (and put their 2 mini albums up for streaming/digital sale already).

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Just discovered Zutomayo. Now that's my jam!

Most of you probably already know them, but you can search ずっと真夜中でいいのに on youtube. Pretty amazing how youtube can be a breakout for artists.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Just discovered Zutomayo. Now that's my jam!

Most of you probably already know them, but you can search ずっと真夜中でいいのに on youtube. Pretty amazing how youtube can be a breakout for artists.
Japanese "Internet artists" have been slowly but surely moving to Youtube from NicoNico, which was the main video sharing website used for a long time (that's how Yonezu Kenshi and many more started). Youtube feels more appropriate to reach a wider audience (domestic and international), since Nico Nico has always been otaku-focused. Like, I doubt ZutoMayo would've appeared at Fuji Rock if the project had been stuck on Nico Nico.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Really want avex to push Awesome City Club this year, they never really got their big break with Victor but they deserve to be waaaay more popular

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, so that's what became of Perfume hyping some Disney Japan thing. A cover. Ok ok.

Tokyo Jihen reunion? I'm intrigued.

For those of you in the States and Toronto. Shing02 is doing another Nujabes tribute tour. I'm assuming it's going to be pretty much the same kind of show I saw last year. he even has the same instrumental band with him that was really cool and did great instrumental covers before the headliner.

Here is the list:

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
In case you still got some space left for yet another not-Yorushika/ZutoMayo

Always got space! Pretty nice song too. On a first listen, I would give it B rank:

S - ずっと真夜中でいいのに
A - ヨルシカ, ツユ, 美波
B - BIN, 空白ごっこ, 三月のパンタシア
C - YOASOBI

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
King Gnu released a sick video for Doron, my favorite song from their latest album
They're really setting the standard for major acts this decade (you could argue that even during their indie days they were already a step ahead of the game), whether we're talking about the music itself but also visual identity and all. Having your own creative team definitely helps, hope more artists take note.

Last edited: