• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

stump sock

Oct 25, 2017

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Yeah, I saw this tweet some time ago, but I'm not sure it wasn't just this "2020 TOKYO MIX" or new stuff.

It does give me some hope that they'll release something tho.

They retweeted one of their support musicians saying something like "New music video is out! Osaka show soon! Currently recording new stuff! It's gonna be a great year for the band!"

ScottNak

Oct 27, 2017
The KSS girls are finally gonna have a group to call home tomorrow!
sakamichi-kenshusei.com

坂道研修生公式サイト

坂道研修生のオフィシャルサイト。活動情報などを掲載していきます。

Also I'm gutted that Iguchi is officially leaving :'(

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
The KSS girls are finally gonna have a group to call home tomorrow!
sakamichi-kenshusei.com

坂道研修生公式サイト

坂道研修生のオフィシャルサイト。活動情報などを掲載していきます。

Also I'm gutted that Iguchi is officially leaving :'(
I was surprised by the Iguchi news, especially since she started appearing in Dasada.

As for the new members, I assume Keyakizaka and Hinatazaka will get most of them to finally have under groups.
Nogizaka is already stacked despite Shiraishi, Inoue and Kotoko leaving soon.

The real swerve would be the creation of a new group but I doubt it'll happen lol

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Man I've been watching the teaser for JO1's debut every day.
Finally having a Japanese group going all in on the K-Pop style and sound should be a good thing. Between this and the latest Johnny's groups it's a great time to be a boy band aficionado.

ScottNak

Oct 27, 2017
I was surprised by the Iguchi news, especially since she started appearing in Dasada.

As for the new members, I assume Keyakizaka and Hinatazaka will get most of them to finally have under groups.
Nogizaka is already stacked despite Shiraishi, Inoue and Kotoko leaving soon.

The real swerve would be the creation of a new group but I doubt it'll happen lol
5-6-3 is the distribution! They finally have a home!
kss.png

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
5-6-3 is the distribution! They finally have a home!
kss.png
Cool to see that they're considered as 4th/2nd/3rd gen like the others, Hinano finally got some friends lol
Surprised Nogizaka got this many members.

Also I guess Hinatazaka will have a full senbatsu and no under group, cause even with the new members they'll be roughly the same size as regular Keyaki and Nogizaka senbatsus.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
"I Love..." by Official HIGE DANdism is so good. I love them. Need to listen through their discography.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
So, today, ツユ released their first album and リリリップス a last mini album before she "disbands".

Both releases I was really excited to listen to.
Both releases are physical only.

Goddammit Japan, why do you keep doing this. In リリリップス case it's even worse because the singles that are in the mini album are also available for streaming and digital purchase.

giphy.gif

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
So, today, ツユ released their first album and リリリップス a last mini album before she "disbands".

Both releases I was really excited to listen to.
Both releases are physical only.

Goddammit Japan, why do you keep doing this. In リリリップス case it's even worse because the singles that are in the mini album are also available for streaming and digital purchase.

giphy.gif

It totally sucks, but at least there's a hope of リリリップス getting onto HMV after a short delay, like what happened with her two previous EPs. It could be worse; I remember when I decided I wanted a BOMI song and had to get a stupid plastic mask shipped from Japan via Buyee just to get the DIGITAL CODE so I could get it off Ototoy, because of course just selling it straight on Ototoy would've been way too easy.

Didn't know リリリップス is done, though. I'm honestly more sad about that. She was so good!

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe nobody posted this sick MV yet.

It totally sucks, but at least there's a hope of リリリップス getting onto HMV after a short delay, like what happened with her two previous EPs. It could be worse; I remember when I decided I wanted a BOMI song and had to get a stupid plastic mask shipped from Japan via Buyee just to get the DIGITAL CODE so I could get it off Ototoy, because of course just selling it straight on Ototoy would've been way too easy.

Didn't know リリリップス is done, though. I'm honestly more sad about that. She was so good!

Wow, this is a new level of exclusive, huh?

And yeah, it sucks she's stopping. I found out earlier this month, when I saw this post from her:
note.com

ご報告|リリリップス

ご報告 ご無沙汰しています、NOZOMIです。 この度、リリリップスは 活動休止させていただくことをご報告いたします。 10月以降、ライブやSNSの動きがなく、ご心配をおかけしており申し訳ありません。 ここで、自分の気持ちをお伝えさせていただければと思います。 リリリップスになって2年、 前身も含めると4年、 ただひたすら、 がむしゃらに走り続けてきました。 "自分には才能がない"と泣くこともあったし、 特にリリリップスになるまでは何もかも上手くいかず逃げ出したい時もありました。 その時の私を支えていたのは、 誰にも認められないまま終わりたくないという負けず嫌い

At least she's releasing something before stopping. I'm extra sad though, that this song is not in the mini album, which is such a shame, since it's so good:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Some Hirate Yurina news, she was spotted on the set of the movie Sankaku mado no sotogawa wa yoru. Guess we'll get more official news about her solo career soon then.
Really hope she'll still sing and dance!

New tofubeats EP coming on march 27, hype

Last edited:

EOS-HDC

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Tijuana, B.C, Mexico
Hi, I've been listening Japanese music on an off for about two years now, and I would like some recommendations, I'll start posting the music I find and randomly listening whatever is posted here.
So far these bands have sticked
FREDERIC
Hiromi Uehara (The Trio Project II Sonicbloom)
Masayoshi Takanaka
Fox Capture Plan
jizue
Ghost like Girlfriend
SUCHMOS
Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra
Nulbarich
Polkadot Stingray
Sheena Ringo
Showmore
ANRI
KIRINJI
Chisato Moritaka
Vaundy
Toe
bohemianvoodoo
She is Summer
LUCKY TAPES
SIRUP

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Oh shit, new Keyaki song out of nowhere. Need the full version stat, it sounds epic
I wonder if this will replace 10 gatsu no Pool ni tobikonda for the next single then.

Get in here ScottNak

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Hi, I've been listening Japanese music on an off for about two years now, and I would like some recommendations, I'll start posting the music I find and randomly listening whatever is posted here.
So far these bands have sticked
FREDERIC
Hiromi Uehara (The Trio Project II Sonicbloom)
Masayoshi Takanaka
Fox Capture Plan
jizue
Ghost like Girlfriend
SUCHMOS
Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra
Nulbarich
Polkadot Stingray
Sheena Ringo
Showmore
ANRI
KIRINJI
Chisato Moritaka
Vaundy
Toe
bohemianvoodoo
She is Summer
LUCKY TAPES
SIRUP
Hey, welcome! :)
Some nice stuff in your list👍🏻

Here are some ressources I've been working on my own as a way to spread the J-Music love and help newcomers/people who can't always keep up :

Spotify playlist with 2020 releases, updated pretty much every week. This is gonna be my main project this year.

Big Spotify playlist covering most of what I listen to in J-Music, though I haven't updated it in a while.

https://open.spotify.com/user/eyeshieldfan/playlist/13A7fLbzg22KktOKYmWCOq?si=VvDWlZ3STyGp9PR3ahdk_g

Twitter thread about 2019 releases

https://twitter.com/lekurita/status/1084432975004086272?s=21

2020 releases thread

https://twitter.com/lekurita/status/1213494109371015168?s=21

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France

Their new mini-album is pretty sweet.
They even have a song with lyrics written by Kobayashi from The Novembers, never expected him to work with idols lol
The song by Kenmochi Hidefumi is pretty much a better Suiyobi no Campanella song than their most recent output.

OP
OP
nsilvias

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
joe hisaishi, aiko and rei harakami 😢 are now on streaming services. aiko isnt in the us

pour one out for rei harakami

tenor.gif

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Keyakizaka46 are getting a documentary movie on April 3 (a week after Hinatazaka46's movie)
Will cover everything from their creation to Hirate's departure.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Another sick MV from Tempalay. One of their best songs to date.

Two shows I was going to see in Tokyo have been cancelled due to Coronavirus : Ame no Parade and Space Shower Retsuden (Kotori, Suspended 4th, Humbreaders and Zookaraderu).
Ame no Parade did publish a live performance as a way to give something to the fans. I was at that show!