• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
joe hisaishi, aiko and rei harakami 😢 are now on streaming services. aiko isnt in the us

pour one out for rei harakami

tenor.gif
I'll take it. Baby steps when it comes to JP music making its way to streaming services. We still don't have 94% of the Capsule catalog on US Spotify (it was the same on EU Spotify like a year ago too).

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Still only one single Yu Takahashi song (and it's not really a Yu song, but rather a song he also appears on) on Spotify, until then, it will forever be a fail.

Alanood

Oct 27, 2017
NEWS' latest album 'Story' warmed my heart.
I can't believe how their songs always hit me, it've been 11 years and damn I can't stop listening to their music.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Haru Nemuri's new single is out, and it's pretty good albeit I think I prefer Fanfare. New EP on March 20th.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
New GeG should be one of the sleeper hits of the year. Finally having kojikoji and WILYWNKA on the same track is a blessing

dean_rcg

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone familiar with the wonderfully named OGRE YOU ASSHOLE? Discovered them through Spotify and really like them!

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I just learned that Genki Sudo has been in politics since last year. How many careers can one man have? Holy shit. So that's why there haven't been World Order songs in a while.
Anyone familiar with the wonderfully named OGRE YOU ASSHOLE? Discovered them through Spotify and really like them!
Oh, yeah. We have a few fans in here. This is one of my favorites:

I dig it. I'll be keeping an eye/ear out. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nsilvias

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
i don't post much here but i figured i'd post what i've been listening to lately

this new iri with production from kan sano

kan sanos new band last electro, they put out an ep this year.
this band has members from mime, sanabagun, and blu swing.

ortance, the new band from synthesist and jazz pianist masayasu tzboguchi who is leader of tokyo zawinul bach and a member of date course pentagon royal
they only have the album preview on youtube but the album is on spotify.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

i don't post much here but i figured i'd post what i've been listening to lately

this new iri with production from kan sano

kan sanos new band last electro, they put out an ep this year.
this band has members from mime, sanabagun, and blu swing.

ortance, the new band from synthesist and jazz pianist masayasu tzboguchi who is leader of tokyo zawinul bach and a member of date course pentagon royal
they only have the album preview on youtube but the album is on spotify.

Thanks for stopping by! :D

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I've popped into Noko's (shinsei kamattechan) twitcast a couple times randomly, and they always make me sad. Just now he said that he's only happy when he's streaming, and everyone is just talking about how they're worried about him. :(

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Maybe related to that drama announced about Ayu, Avex uploaded a bunch of live shows for a limited time. Ayumi Hamasaki time:

YouTube

YouTube

YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

YouTube

YouTube

YouTube

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Maybe related to that drama announced about Ayu, Avex uploaded a bunch of live shows for a limited time. Ayumi Hamasaki time:
Like a lot of other artists, it's because of the coronavirus. Avex also uploaded live shows of AAA and more.

Too lazy to compile all the shows that've been made available by Japanese acts, but here's a few

Last edited:

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
Cool to see the Ayumi Hamasaki material making its way to the internet.

--------
Finally listened to the Tricot 2020 release. And I guess my feelings stay the same. Think their records alright. I just don't love all that many of their songs. What I love is their sound. So precise, such great album production. The songwriting itself though just hasn't ever won me over on a full length record. Would love to see them live though. No question.

Last edited:

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Friendly reminder that I've made a playlist focusing on this year's Japanese music releases. Updated almost every week with the latest tracks I've enjoyed. Great way to stay in the loop👍🏻

Apple Music version
(I'm using the Japanese Apple Music library, so I can't guarantee everything will be available worldwide)

If you're stuck at home because of the virus this should be a good companion lol

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
Quality username to go along with that post :P

Gave the For Tracy Hyde 2019 album a spin again. I think that is probably my favorite Japanese record of last year. Perhaps slightly long if listened to in one sitting. Otherwise I have no complaints that are worth pointing out. That band should seriously be looked at to produce a soundtrack for a film or game. If there is anything the interlude tracks have shown me, it's that. the band is more than equipped to take that on.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Need to buy RADWIMPS's new bluray to relive that fantastic show

The latest Tokyo Shoki Shoudou is pretty sick. A breath of fresh air compared to other recent indie girl bands that are often less good versions of yonige and Hump Back.

Last edited: