• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
If you took away the tats and grills, he really was the best-looking, most comic-accurate looking Joker yet. His face is just perfect for Joker.
Too bad his performance was terrible. Which is more to do with the writing and direction that movie had. Those scenes they cut wouldn't change anything. It's a Suicide Squad movie, not a joker one. Him complaint about them cutting his scenes seems in line with his overall pompous attitude.

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
More like Jared Bozo, amirite?

Never saw Suicide Squad, but Leto is garbage and the look for his Joker (which I can't necessarily pin on him) was not enjoyable to look at in any marketing materials.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Never fails to amaze me how such a good actor manages to be a dirtbag shithead in real life. You think with that kind of acting ability he could at least fake being a reasonable human enough to not keep getting doors slammed in his face.

I can't say I'd be surprised. His reference to not being treated worthy as Oscar winner screams of entitlement, and being put on a pedestal since teenage years must have warped his sense of self-worth.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I had no idea until recently that 30 Seconds To Mars is basically a cult. What a fucking weirdo.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
original.gif

Visually I actually think that looks cool but his creepy method acting ritual about sending nasty things to people is super gross.

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
I had no idea until recently that 30 Seconds To Mars is basically a cult. What a fucking weirdo.

lol no

they have a passionate fanbase because 30 seconds to mars music is so inspirational and uplifting. check out the album 'this is war' for reference

as a result the fanbase has been dubbed 'the echelon' by leto and his bandmates. much like slipknot's 'maggots' or grateful dead's 'dead heads'. they may half-heartedly refer to themselves as a cult but they aren't a cult in the weird way you're trying to frame it as.

but leto is a creeper, no doubt. it's just that some of their music is really good.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
lol no

they have a passionate fanbase because 30 seconds to mars music is so inspirational and uplifting. check out the album 'this is war' for reference

as a result the fanbase has been dubbed 'the echelon' by leto and his bandmates. much like slipknot's 'maggots' or grateful dead's 'dead heads'. they may half-heartedly refer to themselves as a cult but they aren't a cult in the weird way you're trying to frame it as.

but leto is a creeper, no doubt. it's just that some of their music is really good.

30 Seconds to Mars sounds like generic pop-punk from the mid-2000s mixed with radio-friendly alternative/post-grunge from the time. It hasn't aged well at all and it seems weird anyone would be "dedicated" to him whatseover, especially after it came out he had been with underaged girls.

The Big Short

Oct 29, 2017
has the person praying on underage girls and treating women like shit for ages finally done something so horrific that people won't look the other way?

Deleted member 50454

Banned
Dec 5, 2018
lol no

Their music is 100% a pile of shite.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I agree that having Joker come out shows how dead and buried the DCEU is and can sympathize with that motivation for it not being produced.

But Jared probably didnt want to go out as the worst Joker but its far too late for that
I mean to be fair he didn't really get the best chance to do it. The fact that this joker came out really makes no sense regardless of your opinion of it. Really.feels like Warner is just throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I can't blame him. I mean, that's like your job hiring someone that does your job but much better for a position dangerously close to your own.

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
lol no

None of their music is anywhere near close to really good. It's utter dogshit.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Leto's Joker is just the most fucking cringe thing ever. It sucks ass. He's not intimidating or scary, or interesting. He's just... an annoying fucking clown.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
It's what I suspected, I think Ayer knew Leto's performance and general conception of the character was a stinker when editing the film.

Even in the extended cut for SS, the extra Joker scenes are just awful.

Ouuch.. I'm sure he can act, i liked him a lot on Requiem for a dream. But this is horrible. As is his Joker.
I have never seen this movie so maybe other scenes are better. But this acting combined with the nonsense fake method acting bullshit makes it all a laughing matter.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Remember when Leto was mad these scenes were removed?
He was mad that he filmed TONS of scenes that were almost all removed. I would be, too, if I were him. I'm unsure why people here seem to think that's unreasonable. He was a major part of the marketing campaign for the film, but was reduced to a very minor role.

Deleted member 50454

Banned
Dec 5, 2018
He was mad that he filmed TONS of scenes that were almost all removed. I would be, too, if I were him. I'm unsure why people here seem to think that's unreasonable. He was a major part of the marketing campaign for the film, but was reduced to a very minor role.

Judging by that deleted scene, they made the right choice.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Judging by that deleted scene, they made the right choice.
I actually don't agree. The whole movie is dog shit, but I still think the stuff between him and Harley is much more interesting than the main plot, wherein the supervillains try stopping generic beam in the sky. I also still believe the majority of the issues lie with Ayer and his script and direction.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Probably because his role sucked ass, dude.