• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
No one will see this movie, it's going to bomb so fucking hard. How do you not understand what made the first two movies successful? It's too late to bring the original cast back, just let the franchise sit where it is without further ruining it with these bad reboots
The original cast are in this. So it isn't "too late". Nor is it any sort of reboot.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No one will see this movie, it's going to bomb so fucking hard. How do you not understand what made the first two movies successful? It's too late to bring the original cast back, just let the franchise sit where it is without further ruining it with these bad reboots
Unless it's got The Rock or some kind of insane CG budget

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ghostbusters was never that good.

giphy.gif

I can't speak to the quality (or lack thereof) of this upcoming sequel but the original was an amazing coalescence of talented actors, writers, FX, a great director and an excellent score by a legendary composer.

The original Ghostbusters is every inch a classic.

Aesthet1c

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who enjoyed the reboot, I'm kinda bummed this movie has nothing to do with them. No, the reboot wasn't perfect, but I liked the cast and would have liked to see where they could have gone with a better writer/director.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey folks some people don't care about the political bullshit hijacking of movies lately
I am curious. What "political bullshit" is hijacking movies lately?

As you almost exclusively only hear people make that claim when talking about "forced diversity" or outward feminism/"social justice" in blockbusters.

Terminus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
giphy.gif

I can't speak to the quality (or lack thereof) of this upcoming sequel but the original was an amazing coalescence of talented actors, writers, FX, a great director and an excellent score by a legendary composer.

The original Ghostbusters is every inch a classic.

It's a 7/10 on a good day. Most of the time I'd lean toward a 6. That doesn't mean it can't also be a classic.

Oct 25, 2017
Ghostbusters was never that good. Moving it to the suburbs and making it about kids sure as shit won't help, but I guess all the nostalgia-obsessed weirdos who gobble up Stranger Things will probably love it.
Those damn nostalgia-obsessed weirdos. Not like us Ghostbusters fans!

Just saw the Sinner S2.
Carrie Coon os awesome (and sexy af)

Am I the only one who sees an older Anna Torv in her? They could be sisters!
Coon is younger than Torv. You monster.

Deleted member 25712

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I am curious. What "political bullshit" is hijacking movies lately?

As you almost exclusively only hear people make that claim when talking about "forced diversity" or outward feminism/"social justice" in blockbusters.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. People bitching about "forced diversity" in shit and then turning the conversation about the quality of a film into some fight between the "alt-right" and "SJWs." I don't give a fuck about this feud. I think more representation is a good thing, also it doesn't in and of itself make a film good. But if you point out that you like one of these "controversial" films you get called a cuck, or conversely if you say you don't like something like the Ghostbusters remake you see indignant responses like some in this thread.

I really don't care about all that. The ghostbusters reboot sucked. The Last Jedi had a dumb plot and that stupid marvel humor I hate, and the only redeeming quality *was* its characters! I liked purple hair lady. So I'm glad there's more representation, and it's a shame film quality hasn't kept up IMO. But if you dare say something bad about these films lately it's like oh so you're a bigot? No man it's just not a good movie.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
I get why they did what they did with the Ecto-1 in GB2016, but it still ended up so plain looking. So happy the original is back.

Also love the turret seat like the original TMNT Turtle Van!

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a 7/10 on a good day. Most of the time I'd lean toward a 6. That doesn't mean it can't also be a classic.

Nah, Ghostbusters is often cited even in screenwriting classes as a damn solid script with solid story fundamentals and very good dialogue.

Pro-tip too ... most of the "classics" are legit good movies, you can't be popular for 30+ years by just "faking it". There's something obviously working there.

Nimurai

Oct 28, 2017
Noone cares about your garbage opinions about a classic movie...

On topic: any sequel trying to emulate the originals or even a proper 3rd movie is never going to meet expectations, so doing a more low-key offshoot like this is probably the best route they could have taken.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Why isnt the Ecto-1 the updated, best lookin one from GB2?

On another note, I'm really really looking forward to this movie. Sony should have done this right the first time!

Last edited:

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Im asking how he knows this movie will be better based off this one cast shot einstein.
Maybe he's read more info about the movie than literally the one photo and all indicators are that it will jive with the original more?

There's other info out there you know?

I definitely wouldn't make any claims about the quality of the film yet though.

But seeing as Jason Reitman has made some of my absolute favorite drama/comedies... I'd say the indicators are probably pretty good.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
guess after leslie jones killed it last time they're not even bothering with POC this time around then?

Winston will be in the movie in some fashion. The primary focus of the story seems to be around the grandchildren of the original members (my gut is telling me the main girl will be either Egon or Ray's granddaughter, but more likely Egon's), but we still don't know the full cast at this time. Just that the surviving three OG Busters and Sigourney Weaver will be in it.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
He's no Paul Feig, the best film director of the century! Haven't you seen Ghostbusters 2016? The defining film of our generation! The comedy to kill all comedies!
Barf.

That movie actually made me angry. It had such a good cast, and it was one of the most bland, unfunny things I have ever seen. It could have been SO good with the core cast that they had.