• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
With really only concept art and little bits of lore with 6 months to go, I don't doubt they felt that way.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
well, hopefully it results in a much better game than Cyberpunk

Last edited:

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
All things considered, it's nice that the industry actually is reacting to what happened with Cyberpunk and using its launch as an example of what not to do.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Any other delay would sting way less. But that's because I wasn't really looking forward to anything else. Still, rather they get it as right as possible than hit a date.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad that the silver lining to the Cyberpunk debacle was that big development/publishing houses are now terrified of the nuclear fallout of enforcing massive crunch to rush a product out of the gate in a horrid state. Not that ND has put out shoddy products, but as an industry example of horrendous crunch, notice how we still don't have an announcement or release date for TLoU2: Factions for example.

hog

Mar 9, 2021
The delay stings pretty hard. But considering Bethesda's track record, if they needed it they Really needed it.

J-Spot

Oct 27, 2017
If it doesn't meet the standards of the folks who thought Fallout 76 was good to ship it must be real bad.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
If they were calling it the next Cyberpunk internally a 6 month delay isn't gonna do much. Delay it for at least a year, Bethesda absolutely cannot afford another flop and especially with new IP

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
You know what they say! You can lead a bad game to water, but a delayed game will drink.
9HmB3C3.png

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Woof, if it came out and was a Cyberpunk level mess, that would be terrible. Better to delay it and work out the issues then.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Why do they still make a gimmick of their release dates? We don't care if a game if a game's released on 4/20 Blaze it or on all 1's. We want a solid game.

Oct 30, 2017
There's a lot riding on this game in terms of Bethesda moving into "next-gen" as well as Microsoft turning dividends on the acquisition of the publisher. It makes complete sense to delay this game without hesitation if it means a more polished product in the end.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're going to need a whole lot more than a 6 month delay to right a ship being compared to CP 2077.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Sounds normal for a Bethesda game but 6 months ain't gonna do squat if it's that much of a mess.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I can excuse a lot as long as they don't dip into transphobia

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Release it in 2024/2/4 to help me reduce the size of my Game Pass backlog until that day!

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
You know that even with a 6 months delay, it will probably be a buggy mess.