• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
People believe it's happening simply because of Death Stranding. It was supposed to be announced 2 times already and it wasn't. Someone from GG shot it down, yet people still believe it's happening.

lol

Im genuinely curious as to why this rumour bothers you (and others) so much lol

You guys that attached to boxes or something?

It was a stunning game on a base PS4. Imagine what it'll look like on PC. It's not like the 100 million PS4s sold suddenly become unsold. It's ok. They still win.

Saty

Oct 27, 2017
Just so i'll have reference, how badly does the next Xbox console needs to sell so the people who claim PC releases notably diminish hardware sales will deem themselves right?

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Sony going to eventually release spider-man, horizon and god of war on pc

It's money they are leaving in the table
These are among the main reasons to buy their hardware. Fewer people will buy their hardware if they put their exclusives on PC. There are almost no third-party exclusives left so Sony has to do it themselves. Bringing their games to PC would make many PC owners more hesitant to ever get a PS5 when they can play these games in better quality a few months/years later.

I am not against Sony (or Nintendo) ports to PC - actually I would be happy because it would make investing in a gaming PC a no-brainer - but I don't think it would be a wise business decission.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Im genuinely curious as to why this rumour bothers you (and others) so much lol

You guys that attached to boxes or something?

It was a stunning game on a base PS4. Imagine what it'll look like on PC. It's not like the 100 million PS4s sold suddenly become unsold. It's ok. They still win.

"Hey guys, don't buy our new console!" isn't a good message to send to consumers going into a new generation if you're a market leader who wants to remain a market leader.

Oct 27, 2017
Having more people play Horizon is great to be sure but the PS4 is hella cheap these days and Horizon is regularly less than $10 so if you really wanted to play it nearly 3 years later idk why you wouldn't just buy a PS4?

Oct 25, 2017
I think the few PS exclusives that have or will eventually end up on PC have good reason to. Detroit, devs were 2nd party and we're going multiplatform. Death Stranding was confirmed to come there originally. MLB the Show makes sense to be on as many platforms as possible.

If single player first party games start showing up I'll be more surprised.

Nov 2, 2017
There's more evidence that it isn't happening (AKA someone who would know making jokes about it) than there is evidence that it COULD happen.

Microsoft could put Halo on PS5. That doesn't mean it's actually a reasonable possibility or worth spreading rumors about.
Why assume he would know about it? Right now the plans for a PC port could just be at Sony HQ. In theory Sony doesn't even need GG to get a PC port out the door.

Don't get me wrong I don't think there will be any native PC port because it's really not Sony's MO, but I wouldn't assume he'd know about it. If plans were being considered he wouldn't know anything about it, until a final decision comes down from the top to make a port. A dev would probably be one of the last people to be informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.