• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It will be really interesting to see what kind of new features and gameplay systems come out of games that are exclusive to next-gen systems.

Imagine being able to ride a stormbird in Horizon Zero Dawn 2 because the high bandwidth memory and the 128GB/s+ SSD allows for loading fast enough to handle previously unseen speeds in games. And that's just a rather simple idea.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Sony looks at the past, MS at the future. Let's see what the market finally rewards.

Dreazy

Oct 25, 2018
Who cares about cross gen or exclusive its about the games, whos gonna have the best looking games come november, thats what going to matter

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
You don't need exclusives for that

Not if you consider scaling up resolution and framerate as "next gen".

Games need to be designed around the SSD drive and new CPU and GPU to really showcase what is possible. We need bigger cities, countless NPC's, huge draw distances, super dense forests and worlds we can move through at huge speeds without pop-in or textures loading in.

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
100 million customers that will gladly, GLADLY buy the brand new PS5 to play exclusive games.

MariahShadesNicki-1532966338-1532966340.gif

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Sony looks at the past, MS at the future. Let's see what the market finally rewards.

Uh I think you have it backwards?

This would be like if Apple went out of their way to keep supporting the iphone 5S or something. At some point its not unreasonable to just ask folks to upgrade

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Good for me

I can still enjoy MS exclusives on an Xbone for another year and change, and get a PS5 if the exclusive launch line up is a hit.

Very curious to know if Horizon 2: The Dark World will make it to launch

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand MS decision if I am honest. Like I could understand them wanting the games on everything there is but If I was an Xbox fan then I would wait until a good deal before I buy the Xbox 4. Meanwhile if I wanted to play Days Gone 2 or God of War 5 or Demon's Souls Remake/Bloodborne 2 I would have to buy a PS5 which results in more hardware sales for Sony.

I just don't see the reason to rush out and buy it. I hope this works for them though.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Sony say they want a fast transition to ps5? Have an aggressive ps4/ps4 pro trade in program and good ps5 exclusives will do the trick.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Would the major IPs Sony is launching this year not count as cross gen? Or are we to believe they have another major IP or Big Budget game coming to PS5 this year they haven't told us about?

Yes? Sony is obviously having PS5 games they haven't talked about one will be the Bluepoint game and other from Japan studio at least.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Would the major IPs Sony is launching this year not count as cross gen? Or are we to believe they have another major IP or Big Budget game coming to PS5 this year they haven't told us about?
I would assume there is a game or two that they have not told us about until the PS5 reveal.
How is that not cross gen?
Just because you will be able to play God of War on a PS5 doesn't make it cross-gen.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
It should be obvious by now that Series X isn't the important part here, it's Game Pass. Microsoft is hoping that, since you already own the titles on Game Pass, you might as well buy the Series X since it's a better console, but if you don't wanna, you can still keep playing on your Xbox One, for a bit at least.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
It's almost like being market leader for 3 out of the 4 gens they've already been part of has given Sony a bit of an idea as to how to approach releasing a console.

Microsoft's approach is utterly baffling to me.