• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Interesting, hopefully we'll also have a few next-gen-only games from third parties. At least with regards to something like SFVI, I want it to take full advantage of next-gen hardware (especially considering that it'll likely have cross-play).

Aug 23, 2018
Par for the course with them. I can't wait for these console and next gen game reveals we see what these games look like.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
The whole MS approach is wrong, i'm like "why even mention that?"
You buy a console for its games.

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Oh wow, so it's just business as usual, did not expect it.

/s, of course, why would Sony not have gen exclusive launch titles lol

Aug 23, 2018
The whole MS approach is wrong, i'm like "why even mention that?"
You buy a console for its games.

being openly transparent with your fans and not cutting off a 40-50 millions install base to hopefully sell 2 million next gen consoles next holiday isn't "wrong", it's just not something we see often in this industry

I personally find it refreshing :-)

Evodelu

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 19, 2019
Fantastic. Can't wait to play proper next-gen experiences on my PS5; free of the shackles of jaguar CPUs and HDDs.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I Iove gamepass and i suspect Microsoft is building a significantly better box this time around, but Sony exclusives really are system sellers. If horizon 2 is a lunch title I'm getting a PS5 not an xsx.

Deleted member 35631

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Seeing how supposedly the special editions of Assassin's Crees have been leaked. I will assume that the announcement is very soon, and since rumors have said it will be announced at the PS5 reveal, it's likely the reveal will be the first week of February.

OT: I think both approaches have pros an cons. However, I personally prefer Sony since it gives you the deciding factor to buy the new console specially if it's an important game like Horizon Zero Dawn sequel. Otherwise, someone could just wait.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
I mean, obviously. Infamous Second Son was a launch window game for PS4 and it's still one of the best looking games this entire generation. Their 1st Party's are going to really showcase the PS5, especially at or around launch.

DocH1X1

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Microsoft going much more pro consumer this gen and I'm 100% okay with it. Sony relays heavily on hardware sales to push software so this makes perfect sense for them. I do think it's a bummer sony didnt reserve TLoU2 or Ghost for ps5 instead of remastered editions.