• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
So between November 2019 and March 2020 we'll potentially get Death Stranding, Final Fantasy VII Remake and The Last of Us Part II.

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Cyberpunk for sure. Plus whatever Nintendo and Microsoft have. Not to mention some of the next gen games coming in 2020.
Ah. I don't know what MS or Nintendo would have to compete that I'd care about, but Cyberpunk will probably be hard to beat if they do it right. 2020 is gonna be a good ass year on a bunch of levels. *crosses fingers for the political side of things as well*

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Makes sense. It would be insane for Sony to release both of them at the end of the year.

And to think I made multiple posts betting Ghost of Tsushima would come out before both of them.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Só between Nov - March we will get Death Stranding, The Last of Us 2 and Final Fantasy VII Remake? It seens the PS4's best year will be its last.

Basarili

Oct 27, 2017
Haarlem
I don't know how many thinks like me, but I'm in a dilemma now. Should I buy them on release date (Which I will do) or wait for them to be released on PS5. (Which I might buy too)

This is not fair man.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Launching in the busy fall season would have been stupid and doesn't seem like something Sony would do for such a title.

See the first game, Horizon or God of War.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
If Death Stranding is Sony's big fall title, I'm betting they won't have a big fall title again. God bless Kojima, I can't wait to play the game, but I don't believe in his ability to stick to the initial release date. Im calling that the game will need a bit more time, and skips out of this year

Harris Katz

Apr 9, 2018
If true, I'm so surprised that it is Death Stranding out first! Shocker! Because it seems not that long ago that Kojima left Konami.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah. I don't know what MS or Nintendo would have to compete that I'd care about, but Cyberpunk will probably be hard to beat if they do it right. 2020 is gonna be a good ass year on a bunch of levels. *crosses fingers for the political side of things as well*
Nintendo is a mystery right now. Microsoft will likely have Halo Infinite and perhaps that next gen Fable game that is rumored. Cyberpunk is going to be hard enough for TLOU2 to beat. After the praise Witcher 3 got and the fact that open world games usually win GOTY over other types of games TLOU2 could be fighting an uphill battle.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
Looks like I have to repost this again.
0uQbQxk.png

Sorry #Team2019
Uya3CPW.jpg

BenRoderick

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I'm not surprised by it at all if The Last of Us Part II is delayed until early 2020.
Let Naughty Dog take their time to polish as the best as they can for their upcoming game, of course it's going to be challenging and difficult to polish, but hey everything is challenging and difficult to work on and I admired that a lot.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's just a few months, so I'm not as bummed over this as I could have been, especially since I imagine it helps allay the crunch somewhat.

Plus Sony likes its early year tentpole game launches, and what better game to continue the tradition with than TLOU2.

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
As the only person who didn't like The Last of Us and thinks Kojima is capable of nothing but hype these days i'll just watch you all enjoying this and reflect on my own bad judegment

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Getting ahead of ourselves aren't we? We barely know anything about Death Stranding to indicate it would be a GOTY game. TLOU2 will have a tough fight with Cyberpunk and next gen games in 2020 as well.
Eh, I'd say Kojima has it in the bag this year, I don't see anything competing with it, 2020 will be harder but we just had GoW defeating RDR2 so you never know.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
I'm looking for a sizable crowd of very smug people saying something about 2019. Has anyone seen them?

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Sony going for the GOTY hat trick... seriously they are on fire, TLOU will benefit massively from a few extra months

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
These are great news and ensures that the PS4 is getting huge games up until the last moment. With Death Stranding and possibly FFVII this year as well as a PS4 price cut, the holiday season is going to be huge.

Actually, I think that TLOUII would have been ready for a fall release either way. I think Sony just wants to allow some breathing space between releases (and ensure GOTYs for both 2019 and 2020 maybe).

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Waiting to hear whether PS4 games will run the native PS5 version when put in a PS5, if there will be some sort of reduced upgrade cost, or what the plan is.

No way do I want to buy either of these games and then have to re-purchase at full price to play an enhanced version. Might just end up waiting to play both on PS5 when they release there.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Eh, I'd say Kojima has it in the bag this year, I don't see anything competing with it, 2020 will be harder but we just had GoW defeating RDR2 so you never know.
Very true but Rockstar games have been known to get beat come GOTY time. Where Cyberpunk is coming from the studio with the most awarded game of all time.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo is a mystery right now. Microsoft will likely have Halo Infinite and perhaps that next gen Fable game that is rumored. Cyberpunk is going to be hard enough for TLOU2 to beat. After the praise Witcher 3 got and the fact that open world games usually win GOTY over other types of games TLOU2 could be fighting an uphill battle.

I not certain who would win but i don't think being open world going to be a plus .
TLOU won vs GTA open world .
GOW won vs RDR2 which is another open world game.
I think TLOU2 vs cyberpunk would be hard fight but not because cyberpunk is open world.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Never expected to see Death Stranding before 2020. My guess was TLOU late 2019 or early 2020, and DS late 2020.

Shows how much I know. *shrug*.

Oct 27, 2017
Kojima did say he wanted development to be shorter back in 2016. I have no idea what to expect and I'm fine with that. I know TLOU2 will be good so yeah, 2020 sucks but it was always going to be 1 of 3 exclusives in 2019.

Hoping we get a release window for Tsushima soon, like spring 2020

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was like 99% sure TLOU2 would be 2019 because every single insider kept saying "ohhhh it is 2019 indeed" now I am fucking broken

I AM MAD