• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenEarth

alt account
Banned
Oct 24, 2019
LOL k. They have openly told all of us that it's not related to TLOU2 it will never be a part of TLOU2, but you keep living in that dream world.
So you're arguing that plans can change (with how MP was confirmed part of the game at E3 '18 and isn't now), but at the same time you're arguing that plans can't change again?

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
While this is disappointing there are enough games releasing in Q1 to keep me occupied.

Nioh 2 is at least time-exclusive at the beginning of the year as well. And Persona 5 Royal.
So that's;

MLB: The Show 2020
Final Fantasy 7
The Last Of Us 2
Ghosts of Tsuchima
Persona 5 Royal
Nioh 2
Ironman

To send off the PS4.

Then Bluepoint's exclusive and another 2 or 3 extra exclusives probably set to open up with PlayStation 5 in November 2020.

That's a heck of a year, actually. I'd say even in contention to be one the strongest PlayStation line ups ever.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I'm fine with the delay, glad even. But it still strikes me as strange that they had to do this now that they were freed from the trade shows and could make their own custom marketing schedule. That should have reduced the risk of these delays.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They've been developing the mp mode this entire time their initial post says as such they just broke the teams into 2.
They were always working on one though.
You mean finish an MP mode because we know they've been working on it for years with their separate MP team.
i know they had a team working on something, but i took that to mean it's going to be a separate multiplayer game, not a mode to be later added to tlou 2. so do you guys think they're just gonna merge the two games into one and that's the reason for the delay?

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Didn't think that I would be that happy about a delay, but I am.
More time for FFVII Remake and Doom Eternal, unless those get (further) delays as well, lol.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
So you're arguing that plans can change (with how MP was confirmed part of the game at E3 '18 and isn't now), but at the same time you're arguing that plans can't change again?

What a broken line of thinking. The plans changed to make the game something completely different. This has been in the works since they started. I'm not going to argue the motivation behind it (although personally I believe they want to make some money off the standalone experience), but the point is they have definitively stated the MP they have been working on will NOT be a part of TLOU2. You can't undo something like that, they already have too much time and money invested in it, and it's already too large in scale to bring it back to TLOU2. I'm bookmarking these posts to serve up some crow.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This has me shook about other delays now

I thought FF7R was a lock, now I'm shook

fbe2fb20799437f868b4b40596035f2e.jpg

the way i see it, the more games get delayed out of early next year, the more i will buy when the ps5 launches

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
This really was inevitable, have no idea why Sony didnt talk to Square and sort out their dates before announcing TLOU's date. It was obviously not going to work with those two megatons two weeks apart.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That is a little weird that they went from a firm release date to a release window of Spring.

FancyPants

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
This mentality is always so dumb to me. It's too packed for who? Thank god for you because you were going to get multiple games? What about the people who were only getting TLOU2, and for that matter who was forcing you to get the game day 1 anyways? I mean I guess it's ultimately better for the sales, although I don't think TLOU2 would've been affected one way or another.

...for him, obviously?

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not surprised after reading about the development of Uncharted 4 in Blood and Pixels. The magic of making the game fun is underway with massive crunch but it just wasn't happening fast enough, hence they delay to May or June.

I think Ghosts and TLOU2 will just get PS5 enhancement patches instead of PS5 releases. Take2 won't pass up the opportunity to resell GTA V or RDR2 with minor PS5 updates for $60 though.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I mean, everyone with a working brain knew it was going to be delayed but it's so strange to delay it only one month after giving it a firm release date (which was after a year and a half of not seeing the game).

What in the world changed within 4 weeks?

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
If these huge studios take an entire generation to release one game we need more studios. How can it take 6 years to produce a product? It's not like it's a new invention, you're writing a story and animating it, not inventing the airplane in 1900.
Except that's not what Naughty Dog did?

they ported their own game as a remaster, released Uncharted 4, The Lost Legacy, and finishing with The Last of Us Part II.

Thats hardly anything to scoff at.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
no shortage of stuff to play in the first half of 2020. they should take all the time that they need.

ced

Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe they made the release date announcement recently , delay isn't a big deal to me.

Andalusia

Alt Account
Sep 26, 2019
I feel like this site cuts ND an INSANE amount of slack. They consistently have multiple days to their games and people don't seem to mind. I mean to announce a release date to mass fanfare after over 1 year of complete radio silence and then to have to delay that release date ~ 1 month later? Can you imagine if someone like Kojima did that with DS? Lmao.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Good news.

I want the most polished game possible on the discs.

Siinova

Oct 29, 2017
i know they had a team working on something, but i took that to mean it's going to be a separate multiplayer game, not a mode to be later added to tlou 2. so do you guys think they're just gonna merge the two games into one and that's the reason for the delay?
I don't personally think they are going to do that I think people are trying to attribute that to the delay. However it isn't out of the realm of possibility.

GreenEarth

alt account
Banned
Oct 24, 2019
I feel like this site cuts ND an INSANE amount of slack. They consistently have multiple days to their games and people don't seem to mind. I mean to announce a release date to mass fanfare after over 1 year of complete radio silence and then to have to delay that release date ~ 1 month later? Can you imagine if someone like Kojima did that with DS? Lmao.
You'd have a point if ND released stinkers after delaying their games, but they're consistently releasing 90+ rated games because they delay them until they are ready. So that slack is well earned.

Nov 8, 2017
I could be wrong, but I feel like this is the quickest a game has been delayed after a release date was announced. I don't mind the delay, but now I feel like Cyberpunk will be delayed as well. Hopefully Final Fantasy VII can hit its current release date.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
That's not too bad if so, bit longer than I'd expect, but probably a "well if we're delaying, lets get some breathing room from FF7 and CP2077". It opens up early next year too which is nice I guess and there's more then enough games to past the time. Doom or FF7, Cyberpunk and then TLoU 2 (with Nioh 2 probably landing somewhere in here too) would be a strong few months.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh come the hell on. I hope it doesn't release near Persona 5 R. I don't want two long single player games fighting for my attention at the same time.

IamFlying

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 6, 2019
Good news for Doom Eternal which was gonna get slaughtered in this slot.

Doom is a multiplatform game, LoU2 is PS4/PS5 only. So perhaps Dooms PS4 sales would have suffered a bit.

I think this could hurt LoU2 release sales. People are by then more inclined to wait a bit longer to get the PS5 version.

Anyway more circumstantial that Sonys is a mess right now, like some articles and decisions in the past few month hinted.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I personally don't mind, but announcing a delay this soon after announcing a date is quite messy. You'd think they'd learn their lesson about announcing dates they are confident in after delaying Uncharted 4 three times.....

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Eh, they can take all the time that they need. Just make sure it comes out great, Naughty Dog. But let's be honest, I'm not worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.