• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Earthed

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
Maaan, it would have dropped at just the right time for me too... Ah well.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, it's been only a month since they announced the release date. Kinda wack...

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really wasn't expecting it to get a delay. I know March is INSANELY STACKED, but damn they just put out the big video that gave us the release date only a few weeks ago didn't they?

I wonder if there's any reason for this delay other than how stacked late february/march is? Like did something happen in the past few weeks of development that had Naughty Dog thinking they'd need more time?

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Square Enix right now:

tenor.gif

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What can happen in one month that makes them delay it?

video game development is so finnicky. they went out of their way to delay the release date announcement until the very end and then fucked that up too. lets hope this means no downgrades.

The demo did look a little rough, clearly needs more time in the oven.
it did not look rough. come on.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
RIP to everybody who scheduled a "vacation" or a "dentist appointment" with work for the orig. date.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I can't wait anymore BUT this is actually the best news to me, I shoulda finish TLOU in days (I often like to play these games twice in a row) before FFVII Remake, not only that but I'll be on vacations from March 13th to March 25th so TLOU coming during Spring is great for me.

May 17, 2018
What the hell kinda planning is this?

Hasn't even been a month since the date announcement. I mean, delaying is good if it needs it, but, just seems weird that they didn't see this beforehand.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
The release date announcement was so recent. I really don't understand how that ended up happening unless someone looked at the game and said, "This needs more work." (Maybe performance or something?) or if a problem was just recently discovered that needs to be ironed out. Would love to know the "Why?" behind this.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the release date was announced in an effort to put the studio into crunch mode and they fought back hence the delay?

Kuldar

Oct 26, 2017
It's probably like last time with The Last of Us. They needed a short delay, but due to planning constraint with plants producing blue-rays, they had to delay until spring.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Now the perfect release date would be Friday March 27th
3 full weeks after FF7 Remake and 3 full weeks before Cyberpunk 2077

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Not a big deal, I can wait. Does reflect badly on that last State of Play though, which basically existed for The Last of Us 2. Everything else featured just revolved around it.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Ah the bad news. Well clearly ND needed it so it's for the best. Hopefully it won't be too bug ridden when it comes out. Nothing worse than bugs ruining the ambition that will clearly be on display.

FullWalter

Mar 13, 2018
While this isn't that big of a deal in having to wait a few more months to play LoU2 during an already busy first half of 2020, the manner in which the release date was announced and then delayed a month later is concerning.

It makes me trust Sony less and worry about the state of the game. If it's development timeline is this unstable this close to release, what else is unstable? Not a good look. I'm not "angry" in an entitled, angry gamer sort of way, but I do think this sort of delay is a big deal and unprofessional for what it says about Sony, Naughty Dog and the development of Last of Us Part 2.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
It's okay, not a huge letdown, take your time ND.

Now I can pay for both FF7 and TLoUII with more relief.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I wonder how the story is turning out. The game production is clearly going through hell. I mean, they're making it but it sounds like they're really struggling to keep it on schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.