• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
But hey it's only coming out so late because they've got an RDR 1 remake coming in the meantime right?

...Right?

(Crunch is bad. If this long dev-cycle is the result of them restructuring their workflow to reflect a healthier environment then so be it)

Oct 28, 2017
Twelve years between mainline GTA games. Even longer between mainline Elder Scrolls games.

AAA game development sure has changed.

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
2025 is insane, 12 years after the last gta game. Even more mad when rockstar have multiple studios working on it.

You can see why take two aren't particularly happy and would rather they release games more frequently.

Still the billions of dollars they made from gta v should keep them sweet.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure Rockstar is the only dev that can afford such dev cycles. GTA releases are monumental gaming events.

cb1115

Oct 25, 2017
as long as it still has a distinct single player story. i hope that evolving map stuff is primarily for Online.

But hey it's only coming out so late because they've got an RDR 1 remake coming in the meantime right?

...Right?

(Crunch is bad. If this long dev-cycle is the result of them restructuring their workflow to reflect a healthier environment then so be it)
speak it into existence

MoosGoMoo

Banned
Jan 27, 2021
Evolving map doesn't sound enticing if it means it keeps changing and the older versions are lost forever.

Would be cool if tied to the story.

deli

Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't validate everything Tom said though.

Right. The 4chan leak that Tom was drawing from was clearly drawing from schreiers post RDR2 report in terms of a staggered map and changes in company culture to fill certain details with.

The leak also says that you work with an pastiche of elon musk and then he pays you in cryptocurrency and then he boards a rocket to mars and then the rocket explodes. Could this be the leak to end all leaks? who knows!

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Honestly I wouldn't mind a 2025 release date if they released other games until then, but the fact that there is a high chance that GTA 5 E&E will be the only meaningful release from R* between the 7 years of RDR2 to GTA VI is insane, well, there was nothing between GTAV and RDR2 so at least this is something lmao.
And the point of ''They are doing this to avoid crunch'' sounds cool on paper but it's hard to believe such thing will hold for its entire development, unless they have placed an amazing management and production team to enforce this.

natestellar

Sep 16, 2018
I really wonder what happened to R* pipeline. Between 2003-13 we got couple of Midnight games, two Max Payne games, GTA SA, 4 and 5, in addition to La Noire, Bully, Manhunt RDR1. Not to mention there was some meaty SP DLC both in GTA 4 and RDR1.

Now, between 2014 and 2025 we have got one mainline release i.e. RDR2. No SP DLCs at all.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I really wonder what happened to R* pipeline. Between 2003-13 we got couple of Midnight games, two Max Payne games, GTA SA, 4 and 5, in addition to La Noire, Bully, Manhunt RDR1. Not to mention there was some meaty SP DLC both in GTA 4 and RDR1.

Now, between 2014 and 2025 we have got one mainline release i.e. RDR2. No SP DLCs at all.
GTA 6 will be the most detailed game of all time lol

Vic20

Nov 10, 2019

Because gta4 sp dlc sold like garbage.

No_Face

Dec 18, 2017
Brigerbad, Switzerland
Man, Grand Theft Auto and Elder Scrolls have been my favourite franchises for a long time. The wait is killing me. If that's what is needed to ensure a healthy working environment, then that's great (allthough I wish Take Two would expand their workforce to speed things up a bit). I'm just hoping for a great SP campaign in the vain of RDR2.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
VI developed from the ground up for PS5/SX baseline hardware will be fuckin nuts. Take your time Rockstar.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Evolving map doesn't sound enticing if it means it keeps changing and the older versions are lost forever.

Would be cool if tied to the story.
If they expand on RDR2's aging world it could be great for immersion in SP, but I think that might be a bit much for even R* to justify, as it'd be a lot more noticeable in a metropolis setting vs the old west.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

...Right?

I think I heard about that. Red Dead Redemption R, right?
tenor.gif

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
PS5/PS6 crossgen baby
Yup.

They likely knew it wasn't gonna be ready for the Ps4->PS5 transition so kept it in development longer for that "let's sell you the release copy on PS5 and then also 1 year later on PS6".

If this releases on Ps5, SX, PC I would hold off for the next gen release. Don't fall for their trap.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
So probably runs very rough on base consoles, "pro" console versions are much better, and game runs best on the rtx 6080.