• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
If the leaker wasn't an employee that just raises more questions as to how they got access.

Contractor? There's loads used, especially in terms of localisation or QA.

Edit: Hot damn if it was a family member, though. That is even more fucked up.

My money is still on localisation contractors, though.

Last edited:

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
people want the leaker to be an employee lashing out at Naughty Dog so badly

how often is that the case? it seems like people who leak tend to have the least investment in the games themselves

sephghast

Oct 25, 2017
People wondering "how the hell did the game build get out there" truly have no idea how game dev and QA work.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Really hope the story on how this happened comes to light a bit. If it's not a employee it's even more crazy to think of what happened.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
If it's an employee's family member, you gotta wonder who's like "ah man, I'm gonna ruin my love ones game and potentially out their career at risk."

Feb 10, 2018
If the Reddit post is true , its a silly business decision from sony.
Its not like the TLOU2 is not going to sell millions.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
jeez, wonder where the leak came from

maybe the game was in the early stages of distribution before being delayed and someone got access to it that way?

Feb 10, 2018
He literally said it's fake...

Hence the "if"
I dont take jasons word as gospel.
But i do agree the reddit post seems unlikely, because i dont think it makes much sense. I think if devs wanted there bonus early sony would give it them. Whats it going to be $20 million? Thats less then a rounding error for sony, and they will know TLOU2 will make over 20x that.

However I dont trust the Reddit source more then jason.

I think jason is right about the reddit post being not true.
However I dont know if jason is right about it not being a ND employee.

Last edited:

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hence the "if"
But i do agree the reddit post seems unlikely, because i dont think it makes much sense. I think if devs wanted there bonus early sony would give it them. Whats it going to be $20 million? Thats less then a rounding error for sony, and they will know TLOU2 will make over 20x that.
I trust Jason's word over a Reddit post 100/100 times.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I just ignored everything related to TLOU2, there's no way I'm spoiling that. I didn't even know about a rumor that ND employees were underpaid, I doubt that would even happen unless Sony wanted to break up ND for whatever reason.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The unverified rumour tweet that was regurgitated by so many as if it were a fact, is yet another indictment of our news culture these days. Any old unverified tweet or post can become news, and doubly so when tonnes of people with pre-determined agendas latch on to it.

I think this is exasperated by the fact that TLOU2 is not only exclusive, but also features LGBTQ characters, the latter especially appears to have capital G gamers and alt-righters in unified anger, and thus these sorts false propaganda campaigns become more prevalent and organised.

I'm surprised people in the other thread were even allowed to go on as if that narrative were a verified fact, and not just an unfounded rumour.

If the Reddit post is true , its a silly business decision from sony.
Its not like the TLOU2 is not going to sell millions.

The first line of this thread and Jasons tweet.

"The Reddit post is going viral, but it's completely fake"

Last edited:

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
kinda reads like a reskinned gearbox / borderlands 3 pay dispute

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hence the "if"
Jason's word isn't gospel but he is on the money a lot and has plenty of reliable sources.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah that was wierd lol. I guess it fit with the current narrative at the time but cmon its an unsourced reddit post.
I mean like...of course it fit with the current narrative lol
It's weird people wanting Last of Us to fail. Actually no, makes a ton of sense. It's a game that doesn't fit the gamergate template.

I've noticed a lot of its like... Gamergaters or Japanese "fanbois"(the kind that hate all western devs no matter how good the game is).